These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Battle for Ezzara

Author
Irya Boone
The Scope
#21 - 2015-11-15 13:40:16 UTC
necroposting should be considered like criminal offense :)

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#22 - 2015-11-20 13:38:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
I am curious though. Whats the story behind amarr losing momentum and on top of that, where did the minmatar steamroller come from?

Not been watching the other warzone so was quite surprised to see the amarr losing so much so quickly.

Nothing too bitter guys, i just want a honest appraisal.
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2015-11-20 13:57:48 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
I am curious though. Whats the story behind amarr losing momentum and on top of that, where did the minmatar steamroller come from?

Not been watching the other warzone so was quite surprised to see the amarr losing so much so quickly.

MCF1B more or less propped up Amarr Mil for a long time.

Once they left the Amarr seemed to reorganise and even launch a counter offensive.

From what I can see the Minmatar have done a little restructuring of their own and have improved their doctrines, especially in the AU timezone.

Amarr Mil lost a x5 Guardian supported HAC and faction cruiser fleet to a slightly larger T1 cruiser with T1 Logi Minmatar fleet two nights ago.

The Amarr still hold their core fortress systems for now so they are still in the fight especially as they have better ties to some neutrals.

Really this will turn into an end game, will a demoralised Amarr Mil get steamrollered by Mini Mil who have a goal to fight for (medal) or will Mini Mil crash into the brick wall that is the Amarr home systems and burnout.
Aves Asio
#24 - 2015-11-20 13:58:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Aves Asio
Im curious about that too. Everything stopped after Huola. As for the minmatar steamroller, please, there is no such thing. They tryed to go for Arzad and failed miserably. All they took was unsettled or under maned systems. I guess people just got bored of dplexing so much space. Maybe the Amar championship also had something to do with it, i dont know

Nameira Vanis-Tor wrote:

No disrespect for the pyre bros but for the most part they didnt do much for the rest of amar militia. They did their thing up north and props to them for holding their ground on their own. To say that they "propped up for a long time" the whole militia is just not true, at least not in this cycle.
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-11-20 14:22:33 UTC
Aves Asio wrote:
Im curious about that too. Everything stopped after Huola. As for the minmatar steamroller, please, there is no such thing. They tryed to go for Arzad and failed miserably. All they took was unsettled or under maned systems. I guess people just got bored of dplexing so much space. Maybe the Amar championship also had something to do with it, i dont know

Nameira Vanis-Tor wrote:

No disrespect for the pyre bros but for the most part they didnt do much for the rest of amar militia. They did their thing up north and props to them for holding their ground on their own. To say that they "propped up for a long time" the whole militia is just not true, at least not in this cycle.

My perspective comes from having been a Mini Mil commander at the time. The only Amarr Mill group that would consistently beat us were MCF1B. I lost count of the number of Hub attacks they defeated. It's probably true to say we did not beat them in 1 single cruiser sized engagement. It got to a point where some people were refusing to form up if MCF1B were online.

Plexing wise Neos were heros for Amarr Mil, there were also frequent skirmishes with Terp. DnG had mixed effect as they were absent for a lot of the time I was active in recent Min Mil same with Calibrated Chaos.

As far as steamroller goes I'm losing track of how many hubs, pocos and pos' of Amarr Mil they have killed recently.
Varrinox
Shadows of the Empire
#26 - 2015-11-21 08:37:46 UTC
So.

Amarr are where they currently are because the driving force behind the latest push, Ody -exec of Calibrated Chaos, started college and has less free time to burn on eve. Myself the the few other militia fleet FCs stopped running fleets regularly.

Very little to do with minmatars breaking our will as I have heard. I will tip my hat to the Minnie's for their persistence though.

As for PYRE, the way one of their members mentioned themselves is indicative of their view. They are better than everyone else, so they think. They are decent pilots but nothing stellar. It's not hard to win lots of militia fights when you constantly use links and higher end ships. They were very self centred and for the most part refused to fly with rest of militia when they were part of amarr, quite a lot of the active EU timezone English speakers joined them. The few of the FCs I had interactions with struck me as egotistical and average at best. Using simple doctrines others came up with not innovating in fitting or tactics.

That being said they were good at what they did and **** stomped Minnie militia fleets regularly, but militia fleets are an easy target and should be no measure of competency of an established etantity like PYRE, just target practice.

There is something about FCing that makes a lot of people **** heads, I suspect a lot of them are aligned to that before but it amplifies that.

Alas wall of text summary
Minnie's are kinda bad, just dedicated
PYRE are nothing special, just lots of ISK and SP

Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-11-21 09:38:00 UTC
Varrinox wrote:
So.

Amarr are where they currently are because the driving force behind the latest push, Ody -exec of Calibrated Chaos, started college and has less free time to burn on eve. Myself the the few other militia fleet FCs stopped running fleets regularly.

Very little to do with minmatars breaking our will as I have heard. I will tip my hat to the Minnie's for their persistence though.

As for PYRE, the way one of their members mentioned themselves is indicative of their view. They are better than everyone else, so they think. They are decent pilots but nothing stellar. It's not hard to win lots of militia fights when you constantly use links and higher end ships. They were very self centred and for the most part refused to fly with rest of militia when they were part of amarr, quite a lot of the active EU timezone English speakers joined them. The few of the FCs I had interactions with struck me as egotistical and average at best. Using simple doctrines others came up with not innovating in fitting or tactics.

That being said they were good at what they did and **** stomped Minnie militia fleets regularly, but militia fleets are an easy target and should be no measure of competency of an established etantity like PYRE, just target practice.

There is something about FCing that makes a lot of people **** heads, I suspect a lot of them are aligned to that before but it amplifies that.

Alas wall of text summary
Minnie's are kinda bad, just dedicated
PYRE are nothing special, just lots of ISK and SP

Again, I'm referring to a time when I was not even in PY-RE and spent a load of time trying to fight them. Any opinion you have in their time in Amarr Mil is likewise your business.
Varrinox
Shadows of the Empire
#28 - 2015-11-21 12:22:22 UTC
Your a hoe.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#29 - 2015-11-21 12:37:04 UTC
Cheers var, makes sense. Might seem silly considering how people view cal mil but pyre left a pivotal role in amarrmil to become a third tier entity in calmil.

Well, good luck to minmatar on their medal push!
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-11-21 12:38:37 UTC
Varrinox wrote:
Your a hoe.

I've been called worse. Big smile

If I have haters does that make me more space relevant?

Anyway focus less on the forum pew Varrinox. It only makes for popcorn if you are any good at it. Go and try and kill some Minmatar.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#31 - 2015-11-21 16:40:11 UTC
Varrinox wrote:
Your a hoe.

*You're P
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2015-11-21 18:18:25 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cheers var, makes sense. Might seem silly considering how people view cal mil but pyre left a pivotal role in amarrmil to become a third tier entity in calmil.

Ok Crosi I will take the bait. I am curious as to the third tier comment.

We have had a drop in activity since moving warzones lots of pilots having a rest from EVE. Even so we are competing with Templis and HCON for kills over the last 7 days (at the time of typing more kills than either) with less than half the active characters than either group.

At what point do we become 2nd or 1st tier by your reasoning? If it's by quantity of pilots that's not how we roll.
Master Sergeant MacRobert
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#33 - 2015-11-21 18:24:08 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Burp

And finally: you know the rules Crosi... ...a defended HQ has to fall before anyone gets a medal. They may need your help....

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"

James Clough
Space-Brewery-Association
#34 - 2015-11-21 19:49:43 UTC
From my perspective it seems that barely any people want to log in right now which will hopefully change when they minmatar start a system siege.

I think it will be interesting to see if the minmatar can actualy siege a system for a week because everytime they attack a system if they encounter much meaningful resistance they just go and take one no one cards about.it will be ineresting to see if their logistics can keep up with the amount of ships that one will burn up. For now the minmatar have just been taking backwater systems. Hopefully we will end up with another burn huola type thing and we can just welp ships into each other for a week straight.

#GLITTER http://i.imgur.com/KXyHvqy.jpg

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#35 - 2015-11-22 02:52:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

There's little incentive for Amarr to retake a significant quantity of systems. We've got our medal, there's nothing to gain by pushing tier. And since we held high tier for so long I imagine a lot of marketeers are trying to push our LP prices as far up as they can go before spending their stores.

The main driving force in Amarr right now aside from general pvp is preventing the minmatar from getting a medal, which doesn't require holding the whole warzone to do. We haven't really lost that much that quickly because this has been the general state of the warzone for the last 6 months or so. We take a few nearby systems when we're bored, but most of us are content to sit tidy on our strongholds and let the minmatar come to us. If anything, having less systems means minmatar offensives can be consolidated around our hubs and thus we get greater access to fights.

There's just very little incentive to plex things up beyond a handful of systems.
Previous page12