These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Shows modify instead of buy when double-clicking own order

Author
Bester Lamont
Circumlunar Zaibatsu
#1 - 2015-11-18 06:53:23 UTC
When double clicking your own order in the market orders list, can it show the modify order dialog instead of the buy dialog? Not often you want to be buying stuff from yourself. Throw a small bone to us marketeers running on the .01 ISK hamsterwheel.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#2 - 2015-11-20 16:33:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Xe'Cara'eos
+1 QoL for my alt

but only when clicking from the order tab of your wallet
keep the option to have moments of fail in the market

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Iain Cariaba
#3 - 2015-11-20 17:04:01 UTC
Bester Lamont wrote:
When double clicking your own order in the market orders list, can it show the modify order dialog instead of the buy dialog? Not often you want to be buying stuff from yourself. Throw a small bone to us marketeers running on the .01 ISK hamsterwheel.

This is what the "orders" section of your wallet is for.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#4 - 2015-11-21 03:09:20 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bester Lamont wrote:

when I double click my own orders from my wallet, last I checked, it sends you into buying that item..... not convenient.

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Iain Cariaba
#5 - 2015-11-21 09:44:01 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bester Lamont wrote:

when I double click my own orders from my wallet, last I checked, it sends you into buying that item..... not convenient.

And that's not convienent because double clicking is how many more clicks than right-click->click "modify order"?
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2015-11-21 10:11:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bester Lamont wrote:

When I double click the order in my wallet's orders tab, it opens the market with the respective item. You then need to right click the item in the market to modify it or double click to buy it. Making double click in the wallet's orders tab to open the Modify dialog is absolutely not convenient as I then need to right click the item in the tab to see market details so that I can modify accordingly. That's replacing the devil with Lucifer.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.