These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Transfer my account to steam ?

Author
solrac lara
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-11-20 21:37:40 UTC
So i ve been playing EVE for a few months and yeah i ve enjoyed the experience so far but paying it sometimes its a bit complicated for me, today i saw that steam started showing prices on my national currency and that they included ways to pay the game that make it easier for me and cheaper too! so i wanted to know if its possible to pass my account to steam ? it is possible ?
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-11-20 21:43:11 UTC
Don't think so, unless something has changed.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#3 - 2015-11-20 22:20:30 UTC
You can set up a steam account and pay to transfer the character to it (2 plex, or $20 USD)

That being said, I have one account through steam and two not with steam. I pay the same subscription fee for all three. Steam isn't any cheaper. I see the exact same dollar amount hit my credit card for steam and non steam accounts
solrac lara
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-11-20 22:42:10 UTC
Cidanel Afuran wrote:
You can set up a steam account and pay to transfer the character to it (2 plex, or $20 USD)

That being said, I have one account through steam and two not with steam. I pay the same subscription fee for all three. Steam isn't any cheaper. I see the exact same dollar amount hit my credit card for steam and non steam accounts

I live in colombia you can pay eve with colombian pesos and its worth 32000 pesos which translates into 10,4 dollars so yup.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#5 - 2015-11-20 22:55:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
solrac lara wrote:
Cidanel Afuran wrote:

I live in colombia you can pay eve with colombian pesos and its worth 32000 pesos which translates into 10,4 dollars so yup.

In that case , do as mentioned above and transfer the character(s) you want to a new account, if you're correct about pricing then you will "make it back" in savings in a couple of months.

You could also file a polite support ticket (f12 in-game ,account and billing) and poke the gm's about it,
they're fairly sound and reasonable when treated like sound and reasonable peopleBig smileBlink

Edit: grammar derp, move along people, nothing to see.
Memphis Baas
#6 - 2015-11-20 22:57:56 UTC
So yeah, create a steam EVE account, and then if you have enough skillpoints that it's worth to you to pay $20 for the transfer fee (you get about 1.2 million skillpoints per month), transfer your character from here to the steam account. Otherwise just start over with a new character to avoid the $20.
Paranoid Loyd
#7 - 2015-11-20 23:09:46 UTC
You may want to wait a bit to see if the prices adjust. Since you mentioned they just showed up in your currency, they may have the pricing wrong due to currency conversions not being up to date and when they realize they are leaving money on the table they may adjust the pricing....

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#8 - 2015-11-20 23:10:37 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
So yeah, create a steam EVE account, and then if you have enough skillpoints that it's worth to you to pay $20 for the transfer fee (you get about 1.2 million skillpoints per month), transfer your character from here to the steam account. Otherwise just start over with a new character to avoid the $20.
Date of Birth: 2015-03-04 so probably worth it.
Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#9 - 2015-11-20 23:27:01 UTC
solrac lara wrote:

Oh, got it. I just assumed they kept that the same across countries. Never mind then.

Yes, so you would have to pay two plex.