These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Whole Character Re-Creation Features

First post
Author
Mikuru Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-01-06 19:25:14 UTC
By creating a new Character, the Player's of EVE have got the chance to change their whole looking by changing their face, body, weight 'n Stuff. For Example you want a smaller nose because you think it's too big or your Hip is too big and you want to make it a bit smaller, like you had the Character Creation at the beginning. But then you see:,, Huh? I just can change my clothes, accessoire's and Color now? But I'll change my Character with those other options again! This is awful !"

And then you're sad in cause of you can't change it never ever again.

So I bet you, CCP, please, get this Feature into the Game's readjustment of your Character, please. It would be very very nice if you would do this ^-^

Greetings, Miku.

(Please stay in Topic of this Thread, Thanks.)

[u]This is just the Beginning.[/u]

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-01-06 19:38:18 UTC
Hey CCP, I think we've found the one person that Incarna was developed to attract into subscribing to the game.

Op success

The Sims didn't let you change your face and body at will either. I ended up having a daughter with a really thick set caveman brow. Poor girl. I made sure not to let her breed so that her gruesome Neanderthal features died with her and weren't inflicted on another innocent generation. Then one day I quietly removed the ladder from the pool... A corpse in my pool, but a cleaner gene pool for my Sims...

Anyway... yeah, changing your face. Seeing as how I don't care one way or the other, I'm happy for there to be some kind of genetic or plastic surgery that gives you more options in the character customizer which I barely ever use.
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#3 - 2012-01-07 07:28:23 UTC
Mikuru Chan wrote:
By creating a new Character, the Player's of EVE have got the chance to change their whole looking by changing their face, body, weight 'n Stuff. For Example you want a smaller nose because you think it's too big or your Hip is too big and you want to make it a bit smaller, like you had the Character Creation at the beginning. But then you see:,, Huh? I just can change my clothes, accessoire's and Color now? But I'll change my Character with those other options again! This is awful !"

So I bet you, CCP, please, get this Feature into the Game's readjustment of your Character, please. It would be very very nice if you would do this ^-^

Greetings, Miku.

The feature is available, just make a petition to appropriate support department, and GM will flag your character for re-sculpting.

That can be done only once, however.
LeHarfang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-01-07 08:01:18 UTC  |  Edited by: LeHarfang
Why not have people pay isk to change their body? Would make a pretty nice isk sink and would have no effect on the actual gameplay.
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#5 - 2012-01-07 08:13:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nestara Aldent
LeHarfang wrote:
Why not have people pay isk to change their body? Would make a pretty nice isk sink and would have no effect on the actual gameplay.

Its available now, for free. And ISK is given away for free in the game. If you earn above 50M per hour mining or doing incursions, ISK has no value.
Mikuru Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-01-07 14:42:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mikuru Chan
Nestara Aldent wrote:
Mikuru Chan wrote:

Greetings, Miku.

The feature is available, just make a petition to appropriate support department, and GM will flag your character for re-sculpting.

That can be done only once, however.

I won't write a petition to change my "sculpture" and this only ONE TIME, I'm not dumb huh?
It were billions of numbers *10000000 better when they would add this as a feature.

FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#7 - 2012-01-07 15:37:40 UTC
Add it to the Nex Store! muwhahaha.... but seriously would be useful :)
Valei Khurelem
#8 - 2012-01-07 18:31:06 UTC
5000 aurum for body change.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Mikuru Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-01-07 22:42:13 UTC
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba wrote:
Add it to the Nex Store! muwhahaha.... but seriously would be useful :)

Okay...OKAY!!
..I'll continue shooting on the stupid "statue of Liberty" to prostest this AUR Feauture

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#10 - 2012-01-08 03:50:49 UTC
Jafit McJafitson wrote:
Hey CCP, I think we've found the one person that Incarna was developed to attract into subscribing to the game.

Op success

The Sims didn't let you change your face and body at will either. I ended up having a daughter with a really thick set caveman brow. Poor girl. I made sure not to let her breed so that her gruesome Neanderthal features died with her and weren't inflicted on another innocent generation. Then one day I quietly removed the ladder from the pool... A corpse in my pool, but a cleaner gene pool for my Sims...

Anyway... yeah, changing your face. Seeing as how I don't care one way or the other, I'm happy for there to be some kind of genetic or plastic surgery that gives you more options in the character customizer which I barely ever use.

You better get used to it. With the Japanese client, you're going to see a lot more people who appreciate this aspect of the game.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Mikuru Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-01-08 16:33:08 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
Jafit McJafitson wrote:

Op success

You better get used to it. With the Japanese client, you're going to see a lot more people who appreciate this aspect of the game.

._.

Mikuru Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-01-08 16:34:07 UTC
Can we close this Thread please? This will end up awful here ._.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2012-01-08 21:38:32 UTC
I think that perpetuating the easy changes in a game might not be healthy, there is already a strong trend in some countries to "correct" everything via cosmetic surgery. People like to blame Barbie and I am not sure than we would want people blaming EVE on any wide spread scale.
I think it is already unhealthy how we can make such perfect looking avatars and if you have been on Second Life you would see that it is the more normal sized people with some character that actually attract more positive attention because people believe they must have a personality.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Sirigana Negik
IDEON ANDRON
#14 - 2012-01-09 07:52:11 UTC
I dont have a problem, it would be nice,

i could give a breast implant to my character....Twisted
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#15 - 2012-01-09 08:17:33 UTC
Mikuru Chan wrote:
Can we close this Thread please? This will end up awful here ._.

Sorry, most everything ends up awful here. A lot of it is in jest though, and no serious harm is meant.

WiS is appreciated by many players and reviled by few; while being completely unimportant in its existence to many others and derided by a good majority. That is EVE in it's current incarnation. A lot of the playerbase are borderline fanatical about certain features of the game on both sides of the fence; while some really are fanatical.

I look forward to any influx of new players, to dilute some of the melodramatic bitterness and stagnation around here. Most often, new players are actually bittervets, bots, or player alts intended for subterfuge. Either way, it's subterfuge I guess.

Nothing worse than meeting 150 new players in the course of a month, and realizing they are all-but one-old players that have started new accounts and/or alts. Maybe they don't tell you; but you know nonetheless.

Welcome to EVE btw.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2012-01-09 17:09:02 UTC
@ Mikuru Chan

Thank you for raising this suggestion.
I have now added it to our team's backlog so it is on our radar.
We do have to prioritize our work accordingly though, so I can't tell you for sure when or if this feature will appear in the future.
However, this idea has been flying about for a while now and as I mentioned, we have our eyes on it.
So keep yours peeled.

Team Genesis

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#17 - 2012-01-09 19:45:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Gene Sculpting Tokens for sale at your local NeX store.

Redeemable at your Biofirm, Ascendant Aestics, Muto's Mutany, or Center for Ego Support.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Mikuru Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-01-10 18:47:58 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Gene Sculpting Tokens for sale at your local NeX store.

Redeemable at your Biofirm, Ascendant Aestics, Muto's Mutany, or Center for Ego Support.

For this answer I have to create a new Thread. It's Title is: DELETE! THIS! AUR!!!!!!!!

Jenshae Chiroptera
#19 - 2012-01-11 02:30:34 UTC
Mikuru Chan wrote:

For this answer I have to create a new Thread. It's Title is: DELETE! THIS! AUR!!!!!!!!

You can edit your first post and even change the title if you want. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#20 - 2012-01-11 02:30:55 UTC
Aur = Plex

You want to delete plex? Okay.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

12Next page