These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which t3 for fast, secure traveling

Author
Super Miguel
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#1 - 2015-11-17 03:57:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Miguel
So i can fly loki, proteus and Legion, basically i need a fit to get me from my null sec to high sec securely, something with very fast align/warp speed and bubble resistant... so i will use this ship to go buy things and back... I now use a interceptor but, i need just a bit more cargo space... and if you could share the fit i would really appreciate it.
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#2 - 2015-11-17 04:01:18 UTC
put cargo extenders on the inty, no reason to use a t3 :)

@JerryTPepridge

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#3 - 2015-11-17 04:15:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Super Miguel wrote:
So i can fly loki, proteus and Legion, basically i need a fit to get me from my null sec to high sec securely, basically i need very very fast align/warp speed and bubble resistant... Basically i will use this ship to go buy things and back... I now use a interceptor but, i need just a bit more cargo space... and if you could share the fit i would really appreciate it.

If you are only using it for travel and not intending to pvp along the way, then something like this would work:

[Loki, travel]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
ECM Burst II
100MN Afterburner II

Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Cargohold Optimization II

Loki Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer

4.21 sec align. 4.56 AU warp speed and 336 m^3 cargo.

If you drop one hyperspatial and add a second cargohold optimization, the cargo goes just above 400 m^3 and the warp speed drops to 3.75 AU

The probe launcher gives you the ability to use wormholes and the 100MN AB gives you ok speed to burn back to gate if you ever have a situation where you jump into a gate camp and an inty decloaks you while you are still aligning to warp (though that is some real poor luck to have happen).

The ECM Burst gives you that FU factor to break a target lock if someone does manage to scram you and EHP is 59,804.

An alternative to the ECM Burst would be a multispectrum jammer, but that is targetted and can only jam one person, where the ECM Burst will break lock of anyone in its range if it works.

There are lots of other options too. That was just thrown together in PyFA quickly.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
G0Z1LLA
#4 - 2015-11-17 04:25:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Mephiztopheleze
I use a Mail Truck Ares myself.

[Ares, Mail Truck]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Expanded Cargohold II

Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II

Improved Cloaking Device II
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Cargohold Optimization II
Small Cargohold Optimization II

176m^3 of cargo space, <2s align time and should survive a single smartbombing battleship, although a full disco ball will wreck your day.

For hauling any more than that, a Viator and lots of perches off all the gates along the way. I use an Afterburner and shield buffer on the Viator in case I really need to crash gate.

edit: and for the really, really REALLY big hauling jobs, I pay one of my corpmates with a Jump Freighter to ship it. If they're unable to help, then I'll slum it and use an alliance JF service (although I've never had to do this).

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Super Miguel
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#5 - 2015-11-17 04:59:44 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Super Miguel wrote:
So i can fly loki, proteus and Legion, basically i need a fit to get me from my null sec to high sec securely, basically i need very very fast align/warp speed and bubble resistant... Basically i will use this ship to go buy things and back... I now use a interceptor but, i need just a bit more cargo space... and if you could share the fit i would really appreciate it.

If you are only using it for travel and not intending to pvp along the way, then something like this would work:

[Loki, travel]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
ECM Burst II
100MN Afterburner II

Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Cargohold Optimization II

Loki Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer

4.21 sec align. 4.56 AU warp speed and 336 m^3 cargo.

If you drop one hyperspatial and add a second cargohold optimization, the cargo goes just above 400 m^3 and the warp speed drops to 3.75 AU

The probe launcher gives you the ability to use wormholes and the 100MN AB gives you ok speed to burn back to gate if you ever have a situation where you jump into a gate camp and an inty decloaks you while you are still aligning to warp (though that is some real poor luck to have happen).

The ECM Burst gives you that FU factor to break a target lock if someone does manage to scram you and EHP is 59,804.

An alternative to the ECM Burst would be a multispectrum jammer, but that is targetted and can only jam one person, where the ECM Burst will break lock of anyone in its range if it works.

There are lots of other options too. That was just thrown together in PyFA quickly.

Is there a way to have sub 2 align speed???
Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-11-17 05:08:59 UTC
BASICALLY
Use a yaught playa
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7 - 2015-11-17 08:34:35 UTC
Super Miguel wrote:

Not in anything that isn't an interceptor as far as I know. The yacht can get to 2 sec but only has 30m3 worth of space.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
G0Z1LLA
#8 - 2015-11-17 08:58:55 UTC
Super Miguel wrote:

Not in anything bigger than a Frigate (Luxury Yacht notwithstanding).

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Damjan Fox
Fox Industries and Exploration
#9 - 2015-11-17 11:18:01 UTC
Quote:
I now use a interceptor but, i need just a bit more cargo space

How much cargo space?

But, seeing you are part of Provi, don't you have Intel channels to warn you from gatecamps? Or do you have an alt you could use as a scout?

If your transport ship REALLY needs to be cloaky AND nullified, then a Tech3 Cruiser is your only choice (well, and the Yacht, but cargo bay is small). But you'll never get them under 2sec align time.

If you can scrap the nullified part, a Blockade Runner or the Astero, could be good options, too.
My Blockade Runner aligns in 2.9sec, is cloaky, flies at over 15 au/s and has >3.600m³ of cargo.
The Astero (with 2 Inertial Stabs, 2 Cargo Expanders, 3 Cargo Rigs) has 542 m³ and aligns in 1.7 sec. And even, if you run into a gatecamp, an Astero is very hard to catch, if you know, what you are doing.
Trudeaux Margaret
Fancypants Inc
#10 - 2015-11-17 11:50:30 UTC
Damjan Fox wrote:

The Astero (with 2 Inertial Stabs, 2 Cargo Expanders, 3 Cargo Rigs) has 542 m³ and aligns in 1.7 sec. And even, if you run into a gatecamp, an Astero is very hard to catch, if you know, what you are doing.

^ This. The Astero aligns stupidly fast. You have to fly smart to pilot out of bubbles though.

> anyone willing to give me like a 5 min politics crash course?

> grr goons, lowsec is full of elitist sh*s, all roads lead to the bittervet pl

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#11 - 2015-11-17 20:38:25 UTC
I use a combination of ares, astero, stratios, tengu & blockade runner depending on bubbles and cargo space needed. Ares & astero are sub 2 sec. Stratios, tengu and BR can be under 3 sec.

You might get some ideas for a SC from this Jester exploration post.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#12 - 2015-11-17 20:47:03 UTC
Super Miguel wrote:

Crack open your fitting tool of choice and see what you can do with an agility fit Blockade Runner.

You used to be able to get into warp before the gate cloak animation finished with these things. You can definitely beat any cruiser and probably most frigates into warp.

Mr Epeen Cool
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-11-17 23:51:48 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Super Miguel wrote:

Crack open your fitting tool of choice and see what you can do with an agility fit Blockade Runner.

You used to be able to get into warp before the gate cloak animation finished with these things. You can definitely beat any cruiser and probably most frigates into warp.

Mr Epeen Cool

Well in theory a Prowler can do 2 sec exactly but it takes:
* Skills at V
* full set of Nomads,
* 3 x Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers
* 2 x Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II