These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Does CCP even look at our ideas?

First post First post
Author
Madeleine Lemmont
Ars Vivendi
#21 - 2015-11-13 16:05:05 UTC
01101989 wrote:
I mean, I don't want to write out a long, detailed idea if it won't even be looked at. I think I have a really good idea, but I don't want to share if it's just going to be ignored. ...
You'll never know until you tried it.

In some rare cases it might be, that CCP has no need to check ideas. Not ever a really good idea of one is a really good idea for others too.
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2015-11-13 16:07:19 UTC
A lot of good responses have already been posted, and I'll cite "Devs often too busy to post frequently" and "don't want to misrepresent company position".

I'd like to throw one more into the mix. "Don't want to create expectations". In that, I mean, if Devs started responding to almost every thread started here, there would be an expectation that only threads responded to, were actually seen. Right now we operate under the assumption (and often confirmed by multiple Devs) that they do take the time to read most threads. But we don't need the reinforcement of seeing a Dev reply to a thread to know they've seen it. We just know that if it is worthwhile, they've seen it.

Personally, I can say yes, I'd be a little gleeful if a thread I started got an official Dev response. But regardless, I know/have faith that the first thread I started (link in sig!) has been seen. Just that so far, the answer is an assumed "we're not interested" or "not the sort of direction we're trying to move in". Although with the recent brain in a box implementation, my ideas are a bit more feasible, and I may even have more ideas to integrate into command ships. Idea
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-11-13 20:02:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
Donnachadh wrote:
If the Redit style of forum is better for discussing these ideas then why not change the format of these forums?

"Better" is a subjective qualifier. Most folks seem to think the Twitter format is a good way to assimilate information; I couldn't find what I was looking for on Twitter if my life depended on it, and I know how to find things on the internet.

If the devs feel that Reddit is mostly superior to their own forum style, perhaps all they need to do is keep us updated a little better about what goes on in their part of Reddit. I don't want them to change the forums to be like Reddit; if I wanted to use that style, I would have been following them on Reddit a long time ago.

in before someone mentions that I opened my rant with a double qualifier, or that a TEST member doesn't use Reddit.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#24 - 2015-11-13 22:34:42 UTC

Yes, the developers read ideas posted here and give them careful thought.

Khan Wrenth wrote:
I'd like to throw one more into the mix. "Don't want to create expectations."

The greatest risk posting as a developer is appearing to promise changes that may be slow in coming, if at all. I personally try not to promise specific action unless the work is already in progress and going well.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Regnum Satanae
#25 - 2015-11-13 22:52:32 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:

Yes, the developers read ideas posted here and give them careful thought.

Khan Wrenth wrote:
I'd like to throw one more into the mix. "Don't want to create expectations."

The greatest risk posting as a developer is appearing to promise changes that may be slow in coming, if at all. I personally try not to promise specific action unless the work is already in progress and going well.

Great! This is what I wanted to hear, as you probably knew. Thank you for responding and providing me with a sense of hope.

Best,
ZER0NE
CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2015-11-13 23:29:48 UTC
01101989 wrote:
Great! This is what I wanted to hear, as you probably knew. Thank you for responding and providing me with a sense of hope.

Thank you for having ideas and posting them here! Please continue doing so even if you don't always get a personal response. We're still here and paying attention.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-11-14 00:53:45 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:

You can't even give a subtle nod to an idea. A simple "I like this" becomes "CCP Darwin supports my idea!" becomes "CCP is working on my idea" becomes "CCP is in progress to implementing my idea" becomes "when is my idea going to roll out on SiSi?".

01101989 wrote:

Best,
ZER0NE

I can give you an even better sense of hope. There was a time I played around with destroyers a bit, but I always disliked how their fitting was so paper-thin due to having all those guns. I figured if a destroyer had 6 guns instead of 8 and moved two high slots down to mid or low, it would be a fair ship but a lot easier to fit and fly. This was back before tiericide I was proposing this idea.

During tiericide tiers of ships were converted into types of ships, including attack and combat variants. I quickly took up the chance to start calling my destroyer idea a combat destroyer.

I don't know how much of it was based on my proposing, but eventually CCP released the "tier 2" destroyers. Not quite what I had been asking for, but they moved one high slot down to mid/low and were a lot easier to give a comfortable fit while still being a lot more powerful than a frigate.

Many times I have suggested things, and very often I see some semblance of what I suggested being made into reality. I don't know how much of it came from me or how much I just made a good prediction on, but I like to think I'm a significant part of this community, and that if I'd never come around here, things would have been a bit different and slightly less awesome.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Matthew Dust
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2015-11-24 11:26:59 UTC
#portdust514 establish the link before start citizen gains traction.
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#29 - 2015-11-24 14:25:48 UTC
Matthew Dust wrote:
#portdust514 establish the link before start citizen gains traction.

Competition is healthy. It's really quite surprising we never saw an X-universe mmo or something.
Previous page12