These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Camera feedback on multi-monitor

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-11-13 21:33:04 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
While I love what you are trying to to with the new camera setups, The new camera causes everything on my side monitors to be distorted.
This is a pic with the new camera system at 5760x1080: http://imgur.com/IIhGthb
This is a pic with the old camera at the same resolution: http://imgur.com/2YmDUY6

I guess there have been changes to how the image is rendered in space. I really hope there is a way to revert this. I bought additional monitors to play this game, and I don't want to have to go back to having all my windows crammed into a tiny space.
As a side note, swapping between camera modes just because I scrolled out too far is awful. Glad to hear its going to be hotkey based.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

#2 - 2015-11-13 21:38:07 UTC
hell I noticed the distortion on a single monitor.

Sounds like the normal camera is going to remain as default with the new camera being an opt in. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=456207&find=unread

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-11-13 21:39:54 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
That's too bad. I love the new controls and options and such, but I don't understand why the rendering was changed. I hope they can fix the rendering and get the orbit camera to work identically to the current TQ camera.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Caldari State
#4 - 2015-11-14 03:35:13 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
That's too bad. I love the new controls and options and such, but I don't understand why the rendering was changed. I hope they can fix the rendering and get the orbit camera to work identically to the current TQ camera.

Rendering hasn't changed. Its just the new cameras have changed the FOV (field of view). You could do this with the old camera by turning on advanced camera controls and holding down following hotkeys Arrow CTRL + LMB + RMB + Drag mouse to the right (left for reverting). The reason your seeing the background stretching is because the fov is now significantly narrower(smaller) than the width of your monitor setup.

CCP devs need to decouple(unlink) objects in space(ships/stations) from the background (stars and planets) Then we can get the fov but not the blurry background. Im not a dev so dont know if this is easy or very hard/time consuming to achieve.

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

#5 - 2015-11-14 04:26:45 UTC
As I also mentioned in the stickied feedback thread, the background maps (stars etc) should NOT be effected by the camera zoom. If you zoom in on an object thats 50 ft away the visual effect on objects 1 mile away are so minimal that you can't even tell the slightest difference. If I'm zooming in on a ship in space thats 1 km away I should absolutely NOT notice a visual effect on stars that are 10's of light years in the distance. When this happens its completely decimates the immersion and sense of scale/distance not to mention the fact that it is simply physically and optically "wrong."

1. Fix what ever change you've made that is causing zoom on distant star field textures.
2. Give us an adjustable FOV so that ppl on wide screen and multi-monitor setups don't get such extreme distortion towards the screen edges.
3. Give back true center on ship and align to selected object control.
4. Rearrange all the buttons so that they aren't obscuring the readout percentages for hull and structure.

and call me a happy camper.

Daemun of Khanid