These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

For the mission runners

Author
Xander Hunt
#1 - 2012-01-06 22:21:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Xander Hunt
When looking at the agent journal when doing missions, would it be possible to put an extra column in, or change the STATUS column to say "COMPLETED" when a mission is flagged as completed instead of having to go into the mission itself, scroll down in the always fixed-sized window to verify completion? I note that when the mission objective window is opened and on screen, the text updates to show that the mission objective is completed, so I don't think it'd be hard to change status from ACCEPTED to COMPLETED.

Edit: Oh, it also seems that when you accept the mission with the journal open, that journal window gets updated from "OFFERED" to "ACCEPTED".
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#2 - 2012-01-06 23:31:35 UTC
I sometimes have the missions detail window thing minimised. Because when you complete the mission it flashes.
Orlacc
#3 - 2012-01-06 23:42:16 UTC
non judgement wrote:
I sometimes have the missions detail window thing minimised. Because when you complete the mission it flashes.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Kha'Vorn
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-01-07 01:32:58 UTC
So does the button on the neocom
Xander Hunt
#5 - 2012-01-07 02:42:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Xander Hunt
I know the neocom icon does flash, and I know that the window sometimes appears in front of you while you've got the window open or minimized. I personally would prefer just taking that journal window (Since I typically only do one mission at a time) drag it to the lower right corner so I can see if the mission is done or not. I don't open the neocom window after I accept the mission, or during the mission as that just means I have to close it again, or, don't pay attention/miss the flashing since it flashes like 3 times then goes back to being solid.

Edits: HORRIBLE English tonight.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#6 - 2012-01-07 05:04:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Famble
non judgement wrote:

Better even is to position it at the top of your screen then double click the title bar so it collapses. Then when you complete the mission it will re-expand. Works a treat, try it out.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-01-07 09:41:03 UTC
Actually, that's a good idea, especially if you have a few missions listed in the journal.

Journal should show 'Offered', 'Accepted' or 'Completed' on mission status.

Seems CCP dropped the ball on that too.
Xander Hunt
#8 - 2012-01-11 22:36:38 UTC
I wouldn't say "dropped the ball"... more like spasmatically juggling trying to catch the ball while they go fix this issue. {smirk}
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#9 - 2012-01-11 22:37:48 UTC
Features and Ideas forum is that way --->

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.