These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Does CCP even look at our ideas?

First post First post
Author
We're All Living In America
#1 - 2015-11-12 18:24:32 UTC  |  Edited by: 01101989
I mean, I don't want to write out a long, detailed idea if it won't even be looked at. I think I have a really good idea, but I don't want to share if it's just going to be ignored. Anyone care to weigh in? CCP, what's the delio? I don't mean to be offensive in anyway, it's just that I think this game is great and it saddens me when I find a certain areas of the game lacking when they could seemingly be quickly improved.

One Love,
ZER0NE
Zimmer Jones
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-11-12 18:36:51 UTC
I'd bet they do to some extent, and if not the devs, the mods certainly do. Then there's the csm, I've noticed a few being more active in the forums than previous years.

Just put the idea out there, at least it will be bumpable/searchable.

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#3 - 2015-11-12 18:38:58 UTC
They do look at it. A lot of discussion has moved to reddit because they can have a different style of discussion over there. Discussion here is looked at.

Now would be a great time for a random dev to chime in w/ a "Heck yeah" we read this.
#4 - 2015-11-12 18:43:32 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
They do look at it. A lot of discussion has moved to reddit because they can have a different style of discussion over there. Discussion here is looked at.

Now would be a great time for a random dev to chime in w/ a "Heck yeah" we read this.

Ya!. I really want them to. I can also understand them preferring reddit as a medium of interacting with players though. The thing is, I am totally ready to write up a long, detailed, and thorough plan for a new feature, but I don't want to waste my time if it will just be ignored. Damn, I wish I were a developer. haha.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#5 - 2015-11-12 20:53:52 UTC
a lot of people think that, but turns out their idea was bad

if your idea is good I'm sure ccp will read it. but will they implement it? That is a bit more rare.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#6 - 2015-11-12 21:04:42 UTC
The process from idea to showing up in game isn't trivial. Let's say you post an idea here that blows up. Everyone thinks it's nothing short of amazing. It will still be months (or longer) before it's vetted by CCP as a whole, formally proposed for player feedback by CCP, mapped against CCP's current development timeline, devs actually develop it, integrate it with current code, fix everything in the current code that your new idea broke, implement it on SiSi, re-write code through feedback from the test server, and finally released into the game.

Long story short, there is rarely a 'quick fix' to anything in a computer program as large and complex as EVE. That being said, the sooner you get an idea out there, the sooner that process can be started.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#7 - 2015-11-12 23:26:10 UTC
reported post for innappropriate location, but yes, I've seen CCP comment on several ideas, though none particularly recently

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Ix Method
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-11-13 00:00:03 UTC
EDIT: **** it.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-11-13 00:13:15 UTC
They do look at our ideas, and they have implemented them. The most recent example would be the Battlecruiser projection changes which were pretty much taken wholesale from a player's thread.
XODIOS Katelo
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-11-13 00:15:40 UTC
They glance over then as they click "send to trash"

Which is where most of these moronic ideas should stay.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#11 - 2015-11-13 00:25:29 UTC
Yes, there are many Dev's who read these threads. They do not always comment in them, but they do read them.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

#12 - 2015-11-13 01:14:29 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Yes, there are many Dev's who read these threads. They do not always comment in them, but they do read them.

How do you know they read them?
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-11-13 02:44:31 UTC
Yes they do read them, and some have even been implemented. But it is very rare that any threads have an achievable and worthwhile goal toward the overall health of eve but the ones that are both may get dev attention and possibly implemented

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2015-11-13 02:56:04 UTC
They do. there have been quite a few changes I've seen that come from both publicly supported ideas and ideas lost to obscurity.

The timeframe is rarely as quick as you would think. They already have a schedule set, and squeezing out dedicated resources takes time.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#15 - 2015-11-13 03:47:30 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
01101989 wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:

How do you know they read them?

I've had several chats with CCP Larrikin about different forum threads - it was clear from those that he had read them. Several other Devs have commented on it on various broadcasts and in these forums.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#16 - 2015-11-13 04:23:52 UTC
Not only does CCP read through these forums, but I even help show them threads that might pique their interest! It's a fun process!

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-11-13 04:44:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
I once asked this and got a dev response within the first few posts!

The main reason they don't comment much is probably a combination of them being too busy reading the posts as well as not wanting to form an early opinion that could misrepresent the company.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#18 - 2015-11-13 04:58:54 UTC
See my sig for the link of my proposed BC changes that were implemented 2 patches ago. CCP did tweak my original suggestion from a 50% optimal or falloff bonus to a 25% bonus to each. Still, the principle remained the same.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#19 - 2015-11-13 15:11:20 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

And they are doing themselves and us a disservice with this.
Splitting discussions between multiple web sites is more disruptive than spitting a discussion between multiple topics on the same site.

Setting that aside it is a pathetic state when the devs and others at CCP spend more time on a 3rd party web site than they do on the "OFFICIAL" forums for the game, forums that they created specifically for discussion of ideas. If the Redit style of forum is better for discussing these ideas then why not change the format of these forums?
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#20 - 2015-11-13 15:45:18 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

And they are doing themselves and us a disservice with this.
Splitting discussions between multiple web sites is more disruptive than spitting a discussion between multiple topics on the same site.

Setting that aside it is a pathetic state when the devs and others at CCP spend more time on a 3rd party web site than they do on the "OFFICIAL" forums for the game, forums that they created specifically for discussion of ideas. If the Redit style of forum is better for discussing these ideas then why not change the format of these forums?

Go lie down in your bed. Pretend the alarm clock just rang. Get out of bed ON THE OTHER SIDE. Enjoy your day.

I personally don't care for it myslef, but pathetic may be an overstatement.

Bora Bora is fantastic this time of year, dwell on that instead.
12Next page