These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Overview tabs

Author
Tyranex Obsoletus
Dark Saints
#1 - 2015-11-11 11:56:57 UTC
Would like to have more overview tabs instead of the predetermined maximum number of 5.

Is there a reason why it is only 5?
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2015-11-11 13:12:18 UTC
Why do you need more than 5? You can have a lot of presets for those tabs, and swap between them as needed.
Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#3 - 2015-11-11 15:07:24 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Why do you need more than 5? You can have a lot of presets for those tabs, and swap between them as needed.

Same thing could be said about NO overview tabs...

Why do you need more than 1? When not just right click the tiny UI button and look through your list of however many presets you have, and change it there?

No.

We should be able to have 10 or more overview tabs, and hotkeys to switch between tabs AND presets on tabs.

See my current signature.
Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2015-11-12 07:18:39 UTC
Leto Aramaus wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:

Same thing could be said about NO overview tabs...

Why do you need more than 1? When not just right click the tiny UI button and look through your list of however many presets you have, and change it there?

No.

We should be able to have 10 or more overview tabs, and hotkeys to switch between tabs AND presets on tabs.

See my current signature.

Absurd exageration does not make a valid argument. You still haven't answered the question.
Bobb Bobbington
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#5 - 2015-11-12 13:50:22 UTC
I don't know for sure, but I think I remember something about how CCP wanted to do this but the way the code worked it couldn't handle more than 5 or something.

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-11-12 22:51:26 UTC
I think five is sufficient. One OV tab would be ridiculous because you would have to scroll through an entire list of presets for just one tab. You wouldn't be able to change quickly between presets. I think that five is perfect. If you want ten OV tabs, then set two presets for each tab. Then you can quickly right click on a tab and change presets on that specific tab, which would be even easier if you only had one other preset to switch to. Treat it like a car radio that only has 5 preset buttons but can save 10 preset radio stations.

If ten isn't enough, try twenty-five. Five presets for each tab. So if you want to change a tab preset, it should still be a pretty quick process because you only have a list of four other presets.

-1 because the feature is not needed.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#7 - 2015-11-12 23:30:58 UTC
I wouldn't mind another 2 or 3, but if it's a coding/hamsters issue - it's not worth it

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#8 - 2015-11-13 03:51:02 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
I could definitely use at least one more.

1. All
2. No Blues
3. Caps
4. PVE
5. GTFO

Would have one for Drones and another for Tackle.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-11-14 03:54:27 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:

1. All
2. No Blues
3. Caps
4. PVE
5. GTFO

Those could be presets for All. Then when you need them, right click on your All tab and switch one of those presets. That way you can see your Drones or Tackle tab at the same time as your other tabs. You don't need a million tabs cluttering up your OV. Sure enough if there were more OV tabs, people would ***** about how they can't read the tab lables.
Tyranex Obsoletus
Dark Saints
#10 - 2015-11-17 14:36:03 UTC
Darth Squeemus wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:

1. All
2. No Blues
3. Caps
4. PVE
5. GTFO

Those could be presets for All. Then when you need them, right click on your All tab and switch one of those presets. That way you can see your Drones or Tackle tab at the same time as your other tabs. You don't need a million tabs cluttering up your OV. Sure enough if there were more OV tabs, people would ***** about how they can't read the tab lables.

Looking at the overview window, there's room for at least 2 more.
Without adding tons of them like you were trying to derail.

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#11 - 2015-11-17 17:28:37 UTC
I'm also in favor of more tabs.

Currently it's like a
general tab (kept clean, mostly for kiting incl. fleet)
general tab II (with all the warpable things)
drones
gtfo
the misc tab (like HICs+DICs, Caps, POS defenses, OV setting including moons, gas huffing etc.)

Switching so many times between some presets for the Misc tab, could easily do with 3 more atleast. If filters would be more specific and allowed for distinction between ewar-cruiser, logicruiser and such, even more would be handy.
Nyalnara
Marauder Initiative
#12 - 2015-11-17 20:12:51 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:

1. All
2. No Blues
3. Caps
4. PVE
5. GTFO

Also, EWAR & Logies. (Because of personal play-style, i'd also want a tab for pods/noobships/shuttles, but well, no one cares about that...)

French half-noob.

Non, je ne suis pas gentil.