These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Using HIC bubbles in LOW sec

Author
Snakeboy987
Magister Mortalis.
#1 - 2011-09-15 07:18:45 UTC
Hi all, im a -10 low sec pirate not going to lie and so i know every possible angle there is when it comes to pvping in low sec. Ill put my hand up iv not really done much pvping in 0.0 have done but not a great deal, anyway my thoughts are that HICs in low sec are crippled obviously because of no bubbles but I was thinking why can't HIC bubbles be used in low sec anywhere bar gates & stations, IE under a 200km range of them so they can be deployed in belts and planets etc. I'm not saying DIC bubbles should be allowed in low sec because systems would be bubbled to hell and back and that would just be 0.0, this is not what im saying.
The reason for my thoughts is because when the rare occasions that there is like a 10 man a side fight in low sec (yes they do happen) you don't get many kills as or a particularly good fight because everything just runs off, bearing in mind fights always happen in a belt and I thought hat if HICs would be allowed to deploy there bubbles in low sec that it would make low sec a lot more interesting and dangerous which low sec seems to have lost alot of the time.

I used to have a HIC and only being able to use the script, I basically sold it again which was sad.

So id like to hear what people think on this, sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure with the new forums.

Snake.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-09-15 07:34:31 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Quote:
The reason for my thoughts is because when the rare occasions that there is like a 10 man a side fight in low sec (yes they do happen) you don't get many kills as or a particularly good fight because everything just runs off,

Heard of a point? Obviously you have using scripts but seriously. Why not just rename lo to null and have done with it.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

oematoema
The Muppet Show
#3 - 2011-09-15 07:36:15 UTC
Snakeboy987 wrote:
Hi all, im a -10 low sec pirate not going to lie

Stopped reading there.

Statement on behalf of CCP from Arnar Hrafn Gylfason, Senior Producer for EVE Online. Good communication and trust between CCP and the EVE community has always been a fundamental priority for CCP and will continue to be so.

mercuryyy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-09-15 07:39:05 UTC
HICs in LowSec are crippled? Wait until you hear about how crippled caps, BlackOps or Jump Bridges in HighSec are..
Jita Alt666
#5 - 2011-09-15 07:41:57 UTC
You are a Pandemic Legion alt outing yourself?
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#6 - 2011-09-15 07:44:40 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:
The reason for my thoughts is because when the rare occasions that there is like a 10 man a side fight in low sec (yes they do happen) you don't get many kills as or a particularly good fight because everything just runs off,

Heard of a point? Obviously you have using scripts but seriously. Why not just rename lo to null and have done with it.

omg wuts a point is that so all the drones with go attack the right ship and not go wandering around liek they do and also bump them alot so they cant wap and get away so people have to stay and fight me?

God, I was gonna try for the longest run on sentence I could think of, but my skills pale beside OPs leetness.

Also, try fitting tackle to your ships, and/or look at the bonuses on a recon ship.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Apollo-Moor
Omni Defense Intelligence Network
Get Off My Lawn
#7 - 2011-09-15 08:49:16 UTC
Go to gate with red box for next system... Jump-jump-jump.. Deploy HiC.. Your wasted training.. wasted no more.. LoL.. HiCs in lo-sec.. What's next SOV in Hi-.... Oh lord I shouldn't of even..
Tallian Saotome
#8 - 2011-09-15 08:56:21 UTC
Apollo-Moor wrote:
Go to gate with red box for next system... Jump-jump-jump.. Deploy HiC.. Your wasted training.. wasted no more.. LoL.. HiCs in lo-sec.. What's next SOV in Hi-.... Oh lord I shouldn't of even..

Hey, sov in highsec would make jita much more interesting Pirate

The Offerer
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-09-15 09:14:41 UTC  |  Edited by: The Offerer
Snakeboy987 wrote:
Hi all, im a -10 low sec pirate not going to lie and so i know every possible angle there is when it comes to pvping in low sec. Ill put my hand up iv not really done much pvping in 0.0 have done but not a great deal, anyway my thoughts are that HICs in low sec are crippled obviously because of no bubbles but I was thinking why can't HIC bubbles be used in low sec anywhere bar gates & stations, IE under a 200km range of them so they can be deployed in belts and planets etc. I'm not saying DIC bubbles should be allowed in low sec because systems would be bubbled to hell and back and that would just be 0.0, this is not what im saying.
The reason for my thoughts is because when the rare occasions that there is like a 10 man a side fight in low sec (yes they do happen) you don't get many kills as or a particularly good fight because everything just runs off, bearing in mind fights always happen in a belt and I thought hat if HICs would be allowed to deploy there bubbles in low sec that it would make low sec a lot more interesting and dangerous which low sec seems to have lost alot of the time.

I used to have a HIC and only being able to use the script, I basically sold it again which was sad.

So id like to hear what people think on this, sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure with the new forums.

Snake.

The differences between low and nullsec makes things interesting. Different ship types, setups, fittings, gang composition and population is good, because otherwise many would get bored with the same old stuff everywhere.

Personally, I like no-bubbles rule in lowsec, because it brings a little variety to the ship composition of lowsec gangs compared to the nullsec ones.
Har Harrison
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-09-15 10:16:00 UTC
The ONLY benefit to the idea that I can see is that it would make SC pilots a little more cautious when blobbing low sec residents (read bored 0.0 pilots (or batphoned pilots) come to engage FW members - though we all know that will cost you a Nyx if you face the Amarr Militia!!! )

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2011-09-15 10:35:16 UTC
Apollo-Moor wrote:
Oh lord I shouldn't of even..

No. You shouldn't.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#12 - 2011-09-15 10:55:17 UTC
Snakeboy987 wrote:

Snake.

if things get away your doing it wrong. learn to spred points properly

OMG when can i get a pic here

Holy One
Privat Party
#13 - 2011-09-15 11:13:55 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:

Sounds like someone got their sphincter yanked out in Amamake recently ..

:)

Tallian Saotome
#14 - 2011-09-15 11:18:12 UTC
Holy One wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:

Sounds like someone got their sphincter yanked out in Amamake recently ..

Lol

So, have you guys gotten your titans up to instalock yet? Bear

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-09-15 11:25:14 UTC
Moar dots

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#16 - 2011-09-15 11:29:27 UTC
If you want easy mode PvP then go to null .. they are always looking for more meat-shields, or so I hear.

Until then: use Sebos, remote Sebo's, Plated Ceptor for first 3s point .. (can survive guns for 5-6s so point -> warp by the time it takes off HIC should have lock).
The Tzar
T-Wrecks
R I O T
#17 - 2011-09-15 11:51:50 UTC
Just fill the highs with scripted infi-points or ensure everyone in your gang has a point fitted..., the way all pirates should fly.
Nutbolt
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-09-15 12:12:51 UTC
I've found my evil twin!
Arbiter Reborn
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-09-15 12:25:11 UTC
its already easy enough to gatecamp like fags in lowsec,
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#20 - 2011-09-15 12:31:25 UTC
Snakeboy987 wrote:
Hi all, im a -10 low sec pirate not going to lie and so i know every possible angle there is when it comes to pvping in low sec.

Because it takes intelligence, fortitude, and years of dedication to reach -10. By the time you get there, you surely know everything there is to know about combat, including balance issues and the possible effects of implementing completely r3tarded mechanics.

Jesus christ, it's a wonder you mouth breathers can figure out how to post.

12Next page