These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[December] Discovering a New Expedition Frigate

First post First post First post
Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#221 - 2015-11-04 15:51:09 UTC
Xeator wrote:
Ill point this out again, like I did back when the Prospect was realeased.

Why do frigate sized ships have larger ore bays than mining barges or exhumers? A Covetor has 7000m3.

I mean for gameplay purposes it makes sense, if they had holds the size of 1000m3 or something you couldnt really mine in them. So, does that mean the current barge/exhumer balance is still off? I mean, they did just get rebalanced...

If you are so worries, the Prospect is close to the size of a destroyer. I can put up to 5 fitted interceptors in a Bustards fleet hangar but the Prospect won't fit inside, she is too tall.

You happy?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#222 - 2015-11-04 16:17:07 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
I have given up with the mining frigates and probably won't bother with this one either.

The venture and the prospector are too slow at gas mining for my taste. I want a cruiser (or larger) size hull that can gas mine 2 to 3 times faster than a venture!

It should of happened years ago but i still think new subsystems should be added to T3 cruisers that would allow them to fill a harvesting/extraction role, amongst other things.

you know both those frigs mine gas faster than what we had before they where released.

Mr Grape Drink
Doomheim
#223 - 2015-11-04 19:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Grape Drink
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
I have given up with the mining frigates and probably won't bother with this one either.

The venture and the prospector are too slow at gas mining for my taste. I want a cruiser (or larger) size hull that can gas mine 2 to 3 times faster than a venture!

It should of happened years ago but i still think new subsystems should be added to T3 cruisers that would allow them to fill a harvesting/extraction role, amongst other things.

you know both those frigs mine gas faster than what we had before they where released.

IMPOSSIBLE! The frigs only have 2 harvesters, but I can toss 5 on a cruiser; 2 < 5. Bonuses? What are bonuses?
Mr Grape Drink
Doomheim
#224 - 2015-11-04 19:42:22 UTC
Where my dev blog gone?
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#225 - 2015-11-04 20:40:43 UTC
Mr Grape Drink wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

IMPOSSIBLE! The frigs only have 2 harvesters, but I can toss 5 on a cruiser; 2 < 5. Bonuses? What are bonuses?

this is eve man.
2>5 gas harvesters
4 guns=8 guns

space is a strange place.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#226 - 2015-11-04 22:33:03 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

Yes they mine SLIGHTLY faster than a ship with 5 harvesters on but that doesn't mean is isn't a painfully slow process.
Bla5to Frigate
iHaul Industries
#227 - 2015-11-04 22:38:48 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:

It doesn't apply in the real world. Otherwise, Lamborgini's would come with bigger trunks so one could haul the family groceries. Perhaps pack up some chairs and an umbrella for a family outing at the beach. Oh wait. They are built for a specific purpose, and that is speed. Same with spaceships.
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#228 - 2015-11-05 03:52:06 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

Yes they mine SLIGHTLY faster than a ship with 5 harvesters on but that doesn't mean is isn't a painfully slow process.

Funny thing is if you speed it up then the price of gas drops because it'll be lower risk since you're gankable for less time, and the supply is higher due to the higher yield. So in essence you net zero there.get more gas, but it's worth less.
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#229 - 2015-11-05 06:35:42 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

it could be worst it could be mining rocks
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#230 - 2015-11-05 09:31:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Goldensaver wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

Funny thing is if you speed it up then the price of gas drops because it'll be lower risk since you're gankable for less time, and the supply is higher due to the higher yield. So in essence you net zero there.get more gas, but it's worth less.

My original argument was that there should be a bigger ship that is better at gas mining. This would balance itself out in terms of risk.

Currently we have these little frigate that are very cheap and either come with warp disruptor resistance or a covert cloak. This makes them pretty hard to catch and thus, fairly risk free. If anything the introduction of the venture drove the price down.

Now if you introduce a more expensive cruiser class gas miner that didn't have the warp core strength or a cloak, they would be easier to catch and as a result, the risk to reward factor would be better. Considering this, i don't think the price would drop too much but if it did, it would probably be to the point where venture pilots would want to upgrade to the riskier ship so they earn more per hour.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#231 - 2015-11-05 09:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Bla5to Frigate wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

It doesn't apply in the real world. Otherwise, Lamborgini's would come with bigger trunks so one could haul the family groceries. Perhaps pack up some chairs and an umbrella for a family outing at the beach. Oh wait. They are built for a specific purpose, and that is speed. Same with spaceships.

So what is your point?

Your analogy is a bad one and what i said does apply to the real world. Using the car analogy, Prosche, at one time, only made fast luxury cars but now they make luxury 4x4's and all sorts. Like the 4x4, a cruiser class venture would sacrifice mobility for added luxury (speed of gas miners) and added utility (more cargo or probe bonuses).
Shadowforge Dawkins
Un.Reasonable
#232 - 2015-11-06 00:04:59 UTC
out of curiosity, currently only ore mining (mining lasers) have upgrades such as those that fill low slots. will you be adding any that can be used for both ice harvesting and gas harvesting? right now, as i know it, mining laser upgrades do not affect gas harvesters or ice lasers.

correct me if i'm wrong i'm a wormhole pvper not an industrialist.
Franklin en Chalune
Stark's Kerbside Hauler Universal Logistics
#233 - 2015-11-06 00:10:47 UTC
Shadowforge Dawkins wrote:
out of curiosity, currently only ore mining (mining lasers) have upgrades such as those that fill low slots. will you be adding any that can be used for both ice harvesting and gas harvesting? right now, as i know it, mining laser upgrades do not affect gas harvesters or ice lasers.

There are ice harvester upgrades, which I assume will affect the new ice mining lasers as well as the regular ice harvesters, due to the mining laser upgrades affecting both strip miners and regular mining lasers.

There are not ones for gas harvesters though, you're right on that front
Shadowforge Dawkins
Un.Reasonable
#234 - 2015-11-06 00:16:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Shadowforge Dawkins
correct me if i'm wrong i'm a wormhole pvper not an industrialist.[/quote]
There are ice harvester upgrades, which I assume will affect the new ice mining lasers as well as the regular ice harvesters, due to the mining laser upgrades affecting both strip miners and regular mining lasers.

There are not ones for gas harvesters though, you're right on that front[/quote]

thanks for filling the void for me. hopefully they add some upgrades for gas harvesting. we have 4 low slots on prospects and having something useful for them would be great when it comes to gas

Edit; if a dev or someone could let us know if there will ever be gas harvesting upgrades, would be great thanks.
Bla5to Frigate
iHaul Industries
#235 - 2015-11-06 18:18:36 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Bla5to Frigate wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

So what is your point?

Your analogy is a bad one and what i said does apply to the real world. Using the car analogy, Prosche, at one time, only made fast luxury cars but now they make luxury 4x4's and all sorts. Like the 4x4, a cruiser class venture would sacrifice mobility for added luxury (speed of gas miners) and added utility (more cargo or probe bonuses).

Perhaps you're right. If the market demands change the manufactures can and will add other lines and more features to existing models. However, I was making the point that this is a game and complaining doesn't amount to much change (but I've only been in the game for about 3-4 months so I don't have much experience to speak of). I guess I was more thinking that we should enjoy the diversity provided. I do think that other ships and options would be nice, but then CCP would be spending so much time and resources trying to find out ways to make the community "happy" with ships that not much else would improve with the game. I'm sure they are trying to balance on a fine line between useful ships and ships that offer an unfair advantage. I'd rather take a few ships coming out every so often (whether they fit my needs and wishes or not) and more improved and streamlined gameplay on a more regular basis.

Have a great day!
Bla5to Frigate
iHaul Industries
#236 - 2015-11-06 18:22:26 UTC
Shadowforge Dawkins wrote:

There are not ones for gas harvesters though, you're right on that front[/quote]

thanks for filling the void for me. hopefully they add some upgrades for gas harvesting. we have 4 low slots on prospects and having something useful for them would be great when it comes to gas

Edit; if a dev or someone could let us know if there will ever be gas harvesting upgrades, would be great thanks.[/quote]

I think I remember reading that there aren't any plans for such a thing. But , I don't remember where I read it (or if I am confusing it with ice harvesting upgrades) and can't find it in searches at least. Hopefully we can get clarification.
Soul-on-Ice
Yellow Stardust
White Sky.
#237 - 2015-11-08 04:22:53 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Some Q&A:

What colour will it be? - Icy I hope :)

Would you kindly consider an arctic camouflage, digital arctic camouflage or something perhaps more modern.

Something like this might be nice: Camouflaged Endurance
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#238 - 2015-11-08 06:39:10 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Goldensaver wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

My original argument was that there should be a bigger ship that is better at gas mining. This would balance itself out in terms of risk.

Currently we have these little frigate that are very cheap and either come with warp disruptor resistance or a covert cloak. This makes them pretty hard to catch and thus, fairly risk free. If anything the introduction of the venture drove the price down.

Now if you introduce a more expensive cruiser class gas miner that didn't have the warp core strength or a cloak, they would be easier to catch and as a result, the risk to reward factor would be better. Considering this, i don't think the price would drop too much but if it did, it would probably be to the point where venture pilots would want to upgrade to the riskier ship so they earn more per hour.

show me how much the price of gas tanked with the release of the gas mining frig,
Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#239 - 2015-11-08 19:45:25 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Some Q&A:

What colour will it be? - Icy I hope :)

Will there be a small Ice Harvesting Accelerator Rig? - There is not one planned at this time, the Endurance has been balanced assuming there isn't one.

Will this have FW restrictions? - Not that I know of, I'll have to check the Prospect and it should be similar to that.

Does the 200% bonus to mining yield affect the ice mining yield? - No, that bonus affects ore mining yields only. This applies to the 5% mining yield bonus per level on the mining frigate skill as well.

How fast can the Endurance harvest Ice?

Endurance
Ice Mining Laser II - 1 block / 330 sec
Endurance Role Bonus (50% reduction) - 165 sec
Mining Frigate 5 Bonus (25% reduction) - 123.75 sec
Expedition Frigate 5 Bonus (25% reduction) - 92.81 sec
Ice Harvesting Skill 5 (25% reduction) - 69.60 sec
Inherent Implants 'Yeti" Ice Harvester IH-1005 (5% reduction) - 66.12 sec
'Ingenii' Ice Harvester Upgrade (10%) - 59.51 sec
'Ingenii' Ice Harvester Upgrade (10%) - 53.56 sec
'Ingenii' Ice Harvester Upgrade (10%) - 48.20 sec

Fastest Cycle = 48.20 seconds

I don't see why anyone would want to use this over highsec mining in a procurer or skiff.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#240 - 2015-11-08 22:17:09 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Goldensaver wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:

show me how much the price of gas tanked with the release of the gas mining frig,

Why would you want me to do that?

If I'm wrong then it supports my point that the introduction of a faster mining ship wouldn't affect the market and if i'm right, it supports my argument for an easier to catch gas mining ship to be added. Blink