These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

New Structures Devblog Out - Freighter Shenanigans

Author
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2015-10-28 04:45:29 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Just confirming we will build a damn Large Citadel even if we have to have a bait freighter to run PI in after faffing about. I mean, what's the uninsured cost of a Freighter once it dies? 600M? It's a 600M ISK low-class wormhole tax. That's nothing compared to 3 large POSs worth of fuel for a month.

As i keep saying to the lads - "Don't be a poor."

Now I can add "Don't be a poor and don't make Jester sad."

no XL? son, you disappoint me :(

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-10-28 08:00:41 UTC  |  Edited by: unimatrix0030
The main issue is that you absolutly need a large one to safe up a capital.
With this restriction it will mean that lots of people won't be bothered to even build a capital in lowerclass wh-space.
Wich in term will diminish the amount of caps there.
Wich will diminish the chance of killing a cap in a c1-c4 by a realy, realy big factor.
And that is only good if you do NOT want to kill caps in c1-c4 space!
And we don't even know if a freighter can be build at a medium citadel, since you should not be able to dock a capital there... .
And since a freighter is a capital, chances are they can't be docked there also... .
If you can not build a freighter and a large citadel at a medium citadel then you just locked out capitals for c-c4 space.
Wich IS a big deal in my opinion!

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Peonza Chan
Gloryhole Initiative
#23 - 2015-10-28 08:34:11 UTC
unimatrix0030 wrote:
And we don't even know if a freighter can be build at a medium citadel, since you should not be able to dock a capital there... .
And since a freighter is a capital, chances are they can't be docked there also... .
If you can not build a freighter and a large citadel at a medium citadel then you just locked out capitals for c-c4 space.
Wich IS a big deal in my opinion!

can't you build a freighter in a pos? Roll
unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-10-28 09:49:07 UTC
Peonza Chan wrote:

can't you build a freighter in a pos? Roll

Untill they remove the POS-system, and they will.... .

Borsek
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2015-10-28 11:27:25 UTC
You know, someone should suggest citadel upgrades, so you cqn use a large bpc and mats to upgrade a med to a large citadel, but not a large to xl. That way you bypass the need for a freighter.

On a seperate note, y'all do realize invading forces will have to bring a freighter to the eviction grounds now, tthat'll be loads of fun.
unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-10-28 12:13:29 UTC  |  Edited by: unimatrix0030
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6130707#post6130707

So confirmed on the freigter being needed to deploy a large citadel.
They want to change the volume so that it does not fit a orca.

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#27 - 2015-10-28 13:08:20 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:

I just expected so much more from your corp :<

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Austneal
Nero Fazione
#28 - 2015-10-28 16:01:09 UTC
unimatrix0030 wrote:

They've actually removed that comment and stated that they were going to give it more thought.

Personally, I agree that the larges should be deployable by Orcas. It does seem to make sense:

C1: Mediums
C2 - C4: Large
C5 - C6: X-Large
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#29 - 2015-10-28 16:21:10 UTC
thanks for letting us know your super important personal opinion I'm sure CCP SUPER cares

Necharo Rackham
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#30 - 2015-10-28 18:30:15 UTC
unimatrix0030 wrote:

Confirmed that they are now having a rethink:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6130963#post6130963
Shilalasar
Dead Sky Inc.
#31 - 2015-10-28 20:14:52 UTC
Wouldn´t it be fun if you could buid a capital in a medium citadel but the moment you assemble it it undocks and gets bounced with maximum force towards the sun.
Braxton Tscharke
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2015-10-29 07:23:12 UTC
Andrew Jester wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:

And so you should from a corp that has their pos sensor damp modules arranged in the shape of a penis.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#33 - 2015-10-29 09:34:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Trinkets friend
Braxton Tscharke wrote:
Andrew Jester wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:

And so you should from a corp that has their pos sensor damp modules arranged in the shape of a penis.

*ALLEGEDLY*

Jack Miton wrote:

no XL? son, you disappoint me :(

Ugh. 16 hours a week is so much effort.
aldhura
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#34 - 2015-11-05 19:46:08 UTC
I am not too concerned about being able to have cap ships in smaller wh's, probably cause I don't have one.
I just think CCP should take in to account the smaller players, ie many c1-c3 that already have capital ships. They are now stuck in them like titan pilots for the time it takes to build freighters and and large citadels.
It hard to haul stuff if you can't leave your cap ship...
Off the cuff changes like this are just plain silly.
We still have no idea what will happen to all out pos's and pos modules, do we just add them to out storage with DSP's etc ?? NO one is going to buy them.
Peonza Chan
Gloryhole Initiative
#35 - 2015-11-06 10:04:27 UTC
aldhura wrote:
I am not too concerned about being able to have cap ships in smaller wh's, probably cause I don't have one.
I just think CCP should take in to account the smaller players, ie many c1-c3 that already have capital ships. They are now stuck in them like titan pilots for the time it takes to build freighters and and large citadels.
It hard to haul stuff if you can't leave your cap ship...
Off the cuff changes like this are just plain silly.
We still have no idea what will happen to all out pos's and pos modules, do we just add them to out storage with DSP's etc ?? NO one is going to buy them.

They still can build L aaaaaaaand building capitals was a bad decision anyway, CCP confirm.
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#36 - 2015-11-07 18:19:51 UTC
This thread deserves a notice that Nullarbor have confirmed on slack that a Large will fit in a orca but you have to cargo rig it.
Nox52
Pterygopalatine
#37 - 2015-11-08 02:56:29 UTC
calaretu wrote:
This thread deserves a notice that Nullarbor have confirmed on slack that a Large will fit in a orca but you have to cargo rig it.

Much better. I have a good use for bait orca.

Goes to prove some constructive whining where needed works...
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#38 - 2015-11-08 23:44:52 UTC
Nox52 wrote:
calaretu wrote:

Much better. I have a good use for bait orca.

Goes to prove some constructive whining where needed works...

don't kid yourself

Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#39 - 2015-11-14 06:22:33 UTC
I just saw an oblisk floating in a c4 pos the other day. Maybe thats their intention is to be able to drop a large citidale. Honestly if you want one in a low class i dont see how it's any diff then building a few capitol ships in high class.

By my experience most c5 corps have at least 3 to 6 caps being built at any given time. Spares, member orders, replacements cause HK just droped them. Whatever.

90% of those caps materials were hauled in by 1 or 2 members doing dst runs.

10 days minimum to build a dread or carier.

How is this normal way of life in high class any different then doing the same ammount of work the same way in low class?

Do i think it's a good idea to have XL's in c2's with troll phoenix and alike? Sure why not. W space has gotten booring and complacent. If your not getting blobed 4 to 1 then they are risk adverse as hell and wont fight. We need more content and this would be fun.
Nox52
Pterygopalatine
#40 - 2015-11-14 08:52:04 UTC
Johng Kahn wrote:
I just saw an oblisk floating in a c4 pos the other day. Maybe thats their intention is to be able to drop a large citidale. Honestly if you want one in a low class i dont see how it's any diff then building a few capitol ships in high class.

By my experience most c5 corps have at least 3 to 6 caps being built at any given time. Spares, member orders, replacements cause HK just droped them. Whatever.

90% of those caps materials were hauled in by 1 or 2 members doing dst runs.

10 days minimum to build a dread or carier.

How is this normal way of life in high class any different then doing the same ammount of work the same way in low class?

Do i think it's a good idea to have XL's in c2's with troll phoenix and alike? Sure why not. W space has gotten booring and complacent. If your not getting blobed 4 to 1 then they are risk adverse as hell and wont fight. We need more content and this would be fun.

Ok let's break it up and run through the use cases for you. Let's see if you spot the issue.

Low class wh - I want to build caps because reasons. Ok no problem we built them. Upcoming citadels release if I want them to be more than glorified space coffins for my pilots i need a large. A bit obnxious but ok sure. I gather all the materials and build one in system at a medium citadel. I now build a freighter to load up the large to deploy it. It deploys successfully. Much profit! Ok what do I do with the freighter now? Use it haul stuff around? No, it's system bound. Use it to build more larges? Why? I already have one which for medium sized corps should be enough. Self destruct it to get insurance back? That sounds useful but a bit silly. Use it as bait? What is I want to bait down the chain?

This is example of stupid design gameplay. the freighter is useless, not much use to it after it deploys the large. Why tho? it adds nothing, no extra gameplay, no extra use. It doesn't prevent larges from low class whs. If I built a dread or carrier in the system I can use it for pvp, defence, reps etc actually doing stuff.

In high class systems you can build your freighter in the system and drive it out or drive one in and drive it out. Bit of a hassle but hey, there's something at the end of the tunnel.

Did you understand now?
Previous page123Next page