These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

I love the new scanning

Author
The Witch
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-11-04 14:38:28 UTC
You joined a corp with a grammatical error in its name. Your argument is invalid.
Helushka Bodaway
Blizzard Perspective
#22 - 2015-11-04 17:38:21 UTC
Moac Tor wrote:
It is funny how there is always at least one newbie telling everyone that some new buggy feature is fine because they managed to use it once or twice when players who use this stuff extensively are correctly pointing out the flaws so that CCP can correct it to the benefit of everyone.

The map is still in beta, and so naturally it is still full of flaws which is why CCP are asking for feedback at the moment. That being said I think it will be good once they sort it out.

Also your comment doesn't deserve its own thread, why don't you post this under the already existing thread.



First of all I'm not a new player... I was playing when scanning was actually hard and you had to drop probes one at a time then move them into your formation. Second of all I scan things out daily, not here and there or once or twice as you say... If there are in fact flaws as you say, then why am I not seeing them or having issues??? I have been using the "beta" map since it came out and while I used the old map for scanning I changed to the new one once you could scan on the zoomed in solar system. Now I have changed to the new map brought up by the probe scanner and dscan. If it is so flawed as you say, I'll ask once again. Why am I not having any of these issues people such as yourself are being complete a**hats about???



Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2015-11-04 18:53:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Terminal Insanity
whenever i open the scanning map, my fps drops to below 1fps. frames seem to come in 'bursts', so it pauses and then speeds up, pauses and speeds up. its utterly impossible to use.

so the new scanning system might be awesome but ill never know because i simply cant use it anymore

they did something to the skill list in the charsheet and queue windows as well. when i scroll though those its extremely jumpy and skills seem to vanish randomly, requiring me to reopen the window

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#24 - 2015-11-04 19:19:59 UTC
Helushka Bodaway wrote:
Moac Tor wrote:
It is funny how there is always at least one newbie telling everyone that some new buggy feature is fine because they managed to use it once or twice when players who use this stuff extensively are correctly pointing out the flaws so that CCP can correct it to the benefit of everyone.

The map is still in beta, and so naturally it is still full of flaws which is why CCP are asking for feedback at the moment. That being said I think it will be good once they sort it out.

Also your comment doesn't deserve its own thread, why don't you post this under the already existing thread.



First of all I'm not a new player... I was playing when scanning was actually hard and you had to drop probes one at a time then move them into your formation. Second of all I scan things out daily, not here and there or once or twice as you say... If there are in fact flaws as you say, then why am I not seeing them or having issues??? I have been using the "beta" map since it came out and while I used the old map for scanning I changed to the new one once you could scan on the zoomed in solar system. Now I have changed to the new map brought up by the probe scanner and dscan. If it is so flawed as you say, I'll ask once again. Why am I not having any of these issues people such as yourself are being complete a**hats about???

Why do you feel so offended by people giving feedback to CCP regarding this feature? The original map was left in as CCP knew it was buggy themselves. I have given constructive feedback in the appropriate thread as should you.

The reason I made the point about newbies is because I have noticed in recent trends that new players seem quick to tell more experienced players that they know better. Given your comments about the scanning interface I presumed you must have been a new player. I am genuinely surprised you have absolutely no issue with the map considering it is a beta version and still full of bugs.....
Greymist
CollapseTrap
#25 - 2015-11-04 20:53:08 UTC
I personally do not like it but everyone has their preference. I say fix the bugs in the new one and then leave it as an option to pick which one is right for each player. Just my 2 cents.
Helushka Bodaway
Blizzard Perspective
#26 - 2015-11-05 23:49:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Helushka Bodaway
Moac Tor wrote:
Helushka Bodaway wrote:
Moac Tor wrote:
It is funny how there is always at least one newbie telling everyone that some new buggy feature is fine because they managed to use it once or twice when players who use this stuff extensively are correctly pointing out the flaws so that CCP can correct it to the benefit of everyone.

The map is still in beta, and so naturally it is still full of flaws which is why CCP are asking for feedback at the moment. That being said I think it will be good once they sort it out.

Also your comment doesn't deserve its own thread, why don't you post this under the already existing thread.



First of all I'm not a new player... I was playing when scanning was actually hard and you had to drop probes one at a time then move them into your formation. Second of all I scan things out daily, not here and there or once or twice as you say... If there are in fact flaws as you say, then why am I not seeing them or having issues??? I have been using the "beta" map since it came out and while I used the old map for scanning I changed to the new one once you could scan on the zoomed in solar system. Now I have changed to the new map brought up by the probe scanner and dscan. If it is so flawed as you say, I'll ask once again. Why am I not having any of these issues people such as yourself are being complete a**hats about???

Why do you feel so offended by people giving feedback to CCP regarding this feature? The original map was left in as CCP knew it was buggy themselves. I have given constructive feedback in the appropriate thread as should you.

The reason I made the point about newbies is because I have noticed in recent trends that new players seem quick to tell more experienced players that they know better. Given your comments about the scanning interface I presumed you must have been a new player. I am genuinely surprised you have absolutely no issue with the map considering it is a beta version and still full of bugs.....


I'm not offended by anything.... I was simply replying to your comments and how they came across. You assumed I was new and directed your comments at me while including me in your "newbies" comment as if you knew better.

Here is a video that I made today scanning down an exit in a wormhole. It doesn't matter if there are 2 or 40 sigs in the system, it always works the same as in the video. Combat scanners work just as well as a corp mate forgot to pickup an MTU. I had it scanned down in a pretty high volume system without any issues. So please, enlighten me as to what the bugs are, or what is wrong with this new scanner. All I have seen and heard thus far is "I don't like it", "it's buggy", "It's slow", or things of that nature without any clear statement of what is wrong other than not really liking it.

https://youtu.be/7CfH92f1IXA
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#27 - 2015-11-05 23:58:55 UTC
NO! DAMMIT!

They should never have moved the undock button. How the hell can anyone...er...wrong rant. Sorry.

Mr Epeen Cool
Johnno Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-11-06 01:06:36 UTC
Why did CCP change the sig ids to be underlined? I do not like this at all. Is there a way to change to back the way it was or are we stuck with it?
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#29 - 2015-11-06 01:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Sobaan Tali
Biggest issue I have with it has trouble figuring out that when I mouse over a probe icon overlapping another icon, my priority is to move the probe, not highlight the icon under it. It's hard to explain in words, but try moving your probes when the sit on another set of icons and you'll see what I mean. It's not a life threatening issue, no, but it's a bit of a pain in the neck and adds more work to do the same job than it use to be without any reason other than it isn't as well optimized towards expected operation.

On the plus side of it all, the UI is far more streamlined and takes up less space overall while things that need to be have been upsized. I like that the "Scan" button is now finally bigger than it has been, and their is a bit more uniformity to how both d-scan and probe windows are arranged ("Scan" and "Analyze" are in the same spots and same size, buttons are in spots that makes since). Only other minor issues I have are just a matter of getting use to how it is now, which isn't so bad after fiddling with it once or twice. Other outstanding issue is that the "signal progress bar", not sure what else to call it, is now a line put under the signature it represents rather than being much bigger and being behind it; makes quickly making out the progress for a signature in between others a bit difficult in a pinch. I do like that you can double-click on a probe or signature to center the scanning map, couldn't do that with the beta map before and it was a nagging pet peeve of mine. It has it's kinks, but then again, when hasn't new or overhauled features ever been without them?

I don't use probes for anything that would be extremely time sensitive where mere seconds matter, like in pursuing other players, so I can't really say whether this system is better or worse than pre-Parallax scanning. And I do feel for anyone who has used this and found any bugs or issues with it to be any more debilitating. Then again, at least you get an option even if only for the while to use this or the old system, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for many other less-than-desirable changes with just as many or more bugs. In case you haven't noticed, an option to continue using the old means while the new one is live is a rather rare treat in Eve. No offense to those who have been set back some in what ever way by using this system, but if you are that serious about what it is that you are doing, you wouldn't be using an unproven yet optional system when you yourself have yet to test it out personally.

tl;dr

If something about it still is an issue or bug for you, bug report it so it can get handled. If you wish to bring it to the forums, it really should be brought to the Parallax issues thread, not in a separate thread in GD. If you intend on scanning in the near future, at least do yourself a favor and test it out before you bring it to a live-fire environment rather than simply assume that it's in perfect conditions and then ***** later.

Btw, to dissable this, go under General Settings tab in options, and it's near the left bottom as part of Experimental Features; "Try the New Probe and Directional Scanners".

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Skorn Blacksword
Maas Industries
#30 - 2015-11-06 04:39:00 UTC
The only real improvement i can see is change the d-scan bubble to a different color. OMG i spent so much time trying to scan down my own D-scan bubble. I think green would work for me. I wouldn't get confused in systems with 27 sig's
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#31 - 2015-11-06 19:41:07 UTC
Skorn Blacksword wrote:
The only real improvement i can see is change the d-scan bubble to a different color. OMG i spent so much time trying to scan down my own D-scan bubble. I think green would work for me. I wouldn't get confused in systems with 27 sig's


Green could work nicely. Also, just in case you don't know, on the map window there is an icon in the top left that produces a drop down with a toggle to show or hide the scan cone. It is a neat feature, just not one I would leave on all the time. I've already found out several times myself that it's pretty much impossible to scan down your own scan cone, no matter your skill level or quality of equipment and ship.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Tapp That
Mish 4 free
#32 - 2015-11-06 20:20:50 UTC
Previous page12