These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please PLEASE acknowledge this bug ..... this is serious for WH'ers

First post First post
Author
Kalseth
Anomalous Existence
Wrong Hole.
#1 - 2015-11-06 05:35:03 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
Hi Devs,

So the saga of the fitting screen continues.

imgur album linky

Picture 1 - Me parking my Onyx to board a Helios, and getting a warning that I don't have enough grid to activate a large shield extender.
The game log:
[ 2015.11.05 14:40:51 ] (info) To bring Large Shield Extender II online requires 160.00 power units, but only 151.91 of the 1071.91 units that your power core produces are still available.
This is odd, because I've just swapped my Onyx for a Helios - so I'm wondering, "Why am I getting powergrid notifications for a ship I just left? Maybe I'll reboard it and check."

Picture 2 - Me reboarding my Onyx, and getting a warning that I now don't have enough grid to run the Medium Neut.
Game log:
[ 2015.11.05 14:42:32 ] (info) To bring Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I online requires 175.00 power units, but only 166.91 of the 1071.91 units that your power core produces are still available.
This is odd, because a minute earlier I was told the LSE wasn't powered, but it looks like it might be after all. I better check the fitting screen.

Picture 3 - My fitting screen, which firstly revealed the Neut was offline, the LSE was online, but the Neut could be onlined. Then I noticed the wiredness.
On the fitting screen, my missile launchers appear to be unloaded. But on my display, they are fully loaded.

Picture 4 - This is me after relogging, and reopening the fitting window. It now appears that all my modules have disappeared from the fitting window, but as you can see, they are still active on the HUD.

Picture 5 - I closed the fitting window, and tried to mouse over the module activation button. There "should" be a tool tip in this screen shot. There is no tool tip.

Picture 6 - This is after I warped off to a safe, jet canned some ammo, and managed to activate the launcher and destroy the can. This picture is me right clicking the Missile launcher to reload ammo. No reload dialogue box has appeared.

After all this, and deciding to try some common bug fixes, I left the game with all clients and cleared my game cache from the Launcher. (Note, this was all after today's patch and emergency reboot.)

My launcher will now not let me enter a username; it has a the wee blue spinning status icon; and the client status bar is all grey. I am able to log into the game using the bin folder exefile.exe.

So, I think there are three issues here:
1) There's a problem associated with fitting when you board ships at a Ship Maintenance Array.
2) There's a serious bug affecting the fitting window, module tool tips, and the module right click interface.
3) At the present, clearing cache may well crash the launcher.

I'm off to run eve repair - will update when I have.

I have. There was a small fix patch down loaded, but this has had no effect on the launcher problem. It still does nothing, and eventually my OS gives a process time out warning.

The above post is just an example of the post that are being made in the patch issue thread. Blues are posting replies left and right about scanning issues (thank you for that) but completely ignoring this issue.

For the love of BOB .. can we please get some sort of acknowledgement of this ? I am now getting 8 alerts about stuff not having enough power / cap whatever. This has been going on for days now with not reply in here about it. At least tell us WH'ers that you are trying to figure out what is going on. It is important for us to be able to jump in a ship and go. I can not load diffrent ammo types ... becuase i Have no guns according to the game. I can not reload my prob launcher ..seriously .. I CAN NOT RELOAD MY PROB LAUNCHER is wh space. I have been patient and not ranty but its been days now.

FIx this please .. or at least tell us you know it is happening.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#2 - 2015-11-06 05:37:41 UTC
Kalseth wrote:
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
Hi Devs,

So the saga of the fitting screen continues.

imgur album linky

Picture 1 - Me parking my Onyx to board a Helios, and getting a warning that I don't have enough grid to activate a large shield extender.
The game log:
[ 2015.11.05 14:40:51 ] (info) To bring Large Shield Extender II online requires 160.00 power units, but only 151.91 of the 1071.91 units that your power core produces are still available.
This is odd, because I've just swapped my Onyx for a Helios - so I'm wondering, "Why am I getting powergrid notifications for a ship I just left? Maybe I'll reboard it and check."

Picture 2 - Me reboarding my Onyx, and getting a warning that I now don't have enough grid to run the Medium Neut.
Game log:
[ 2015.11.05 14:42:32 ] (info) To bring Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I online requires 175.00 power units, but only 166.91 of the 1071.91 units that your power core produces are still available.
This is odd, because a minute earlier I was told the LSE wasn't powered, but it looks like it might be after all. I better check the fitting screen.

Picture 3 - My fitting screen, which firstly revealed the Neut was offline, the LSE was online, but the Neut could be onlined. Then I noticed the wiredness.
On the fitting screen, my missile launchers appear to be unloaded. But on my display, they are fully loaded.

Picture 4 - This is me after relogging, and reopening the fitting window. It now appears that all my modules have disappeared from the fitting window, but as you can see, they are still active on the HUD.

Picture 5 - I closed the fitting window, and tried to mouse over the module activation button. There "should" be a tool tip in this screen shot. There is no tool tip.

Picture 6 - This is after I warped off to a safe, jet canned some ammo, and managed to activate the launcher and destroy the can. This picture is me right clicking the Missile launcher to reload ammo. No reload dialogue box has appeared.

After all this, and deciding to try some common bug fixes, I left the game with all clients and cleared my game cache from the Launcher. (Note, this was all after today's patch and emergency reboot.)

My launcher will now not let me enter a username; it has a the wee blue spinning status icon; and the client status bar is all grey. I am able to log into the game using the bin folder exefile.exe.

So, I think there are three issues here:
1) There's a problem associated with fitting when you board ships at a Ship Maintenance Array.
2) There's a serious bug affecting the fitting window, module tool tips, and the module right click interface.
3) At the present, clearing cache may well crash the launcher.

I'm off to run eve repair - will update when I have.

I have. There was a small fix patch down loaded, but this has had no effect on the launcher problem. It still does nothing, and eventually my OS gives a process time out warning.

The above post is just an example of the post that are being made in the patch issue thread. Blues are posting replies left and right about scanning issues (thank you for that) but completely ignoring this issue.

For the love of BOB .. can we please get some sort of acknowledgement of this ? I am now getting 8 alerts about stuff not having enough power / cap whatever. This has been going on for days now with not reply in here about it. At least tell us WH'ers that you are trying to figure out what is going on. It is important for us to be able to jump in a ship and go. I can not load diffrent ammo types ... becuase i Have no guns according to the game. I can not reload my prob launcher ..seriously .. I CAN NOT RELOAD MY PROB LAUNCHER is wh space. I have been patient and not ranty but its been days now.

FIx this please .. or at least tell us you know it is happening.

if its just you file a stuck petition. if others are having the same file a bug report and relog

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Kalseth
Anomalous Existence
Wrong Hole.
#3 - 2015-11-06 05:47:29 UTC
It is not just me. It is everyone in WH space. It does not happen all the time when you switch ships from a SMA but randomly. Sometimes reloging fixies it .... until the next time you switch ships. Some times it does not.

If it was just me I would not have made an issue of it here. If anyone had replyed in the patch issue thread with a "Oh that sucks we will look into it" I would not be here. None of that has happened.
Gunner GzR
Air
The Initiative.
#4 - 2015-11-06 06:13:46 UTC
I am having this issue with my t-3's

Change For the Sake of Change is bad Listen to you community CCP We are what make you Money. Remove Local From 0.0 and Low Space Please

witchking42
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-11-06 08:34:39 UTC
You are not alone...

I had it swapping from a Buzzard to a Vagabond, when boarded the scram was offline, even though there was more than enough CPU an PG available.

Next time, I'll bug report it.

WK42
Lim Hiaret
Hiaret Family
#6 - 2015-11-06 09:38:28 UTC
In that direction..

I swapped ships, than started fitting service... Fitting screen shows no modules
Swapped back, opened fitting service... Fitting screen shows no modules
Swapped again, opened fitting service... All normal... phew..
Bug reported

Jumped into a ship - warped to a combat site - noticed cap booster is offline
Slow boated til I got 95% cap - onlined cap booster - noticed energy vamp is offline
Thought I was getting old

Tried the new probe map with dscan and all, FPS drops below 10. Launched probes. Can’t move probes - prob. because of FPS below 10. Open old star/system map. Probes are not visible in the old map. Recover probes, launch probes again. Probes are not visible in the old map. Can't move probes in the new map. Recover probes, disable new map and new probe map in general setting. Launch probes, open old map, probes are not visible in the old map.
Bug reported
Cry

Try the new map again, turn off all icons, FPS up to 40, yeah! Probes work finally. Looks like my 100++ bookmarks break the new map. Yeah I admit I'm messy with bookmark but I feel emotionally attached to all of them. Can't just delete them. Have to keep them. Made them invisible in peoples and places though, but that doesn't work in the new map.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7 - 2015-11-06 11:20:10 UTC
CCP will first have to acknowledge that WHs and WH residents exist.

Good Luck.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

CCP Prism X
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2015-11-06 12:18:30 UTC
We are totally aware of this and are looking at fixes.

If you believe you have any useful information that could help us debug and reproduce this so that we can deliver a solid fix, please report them through the client tool for bug reports including as much information as you believe you have.

The only reason I'm replying here is because I feel bad and understand it's a very serious bug. The forums are however not a good tool to report bugs or find out what bugs we are aware of. If you report thought the proper tools I believe you get to follow some basic information on what is happening to the BR, including if it is attached to an active defect.
Kalseth
Anomalous Existence
Wrong Hole.
#9 - 2015-11-06 15:14:27 UTC
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I got all ranty. The responses in the issue thread came so fast and heavy for other problems my expectations was high.

I will see if I can find any rhyme or reason to when this happens and use the proper tools to report it.

Thanks again
Helushka Bodaway
EDENCOM Section 7
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#10 - 2015-11-06 16:09:53 UTC
I can confirm this on my end as well. I will submit a bug through the game as well...
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-11-06 17:23:10 UTC
*acknowledges the bug...reaches for the Raid*

There just isn't anything that can be said!

ISD Buldath
#12 - 2015-11-06 21:50:36 UTC
hey there.

As Per the CCP's Reply, They are aware of this issue and it is on there Radar to Fix. As this answers your question, I will go ahead and locked this.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.