These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

pls move HUD + EWAR message

Author
Annexe
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1 - 2015-11-04 15:52:36 UTC
It's been bugging me for a while... if my ship is under a command (such as APPROACH) and an EWAR module is being applied to my ship (remote sebo). The message shows up BEHIND the command text.

https://i.gyazo.com/fa297cac2787f27f1552857ce3e7eb2e.png

*this is NOT fixed by 'entering moving mode for messages'.

Can CCP please change the position of the EWAR message.

ty :)

Annexe

ITAI - VIP

"i will pop your wreck with faction loot"

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-11-04 16:10:30 UTC
Looks like a bug.

I, too, have found it difficult to read the floating text and would like to see a development effort put toward making it more legible. Sometimes it disappears too fast--which isn't necessarily a bad thing because it helps prevent screen clutter. I wish I could open it in a window where I could have all the time in the world to study it.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2015-11-04 16:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Reaver, you have that window. It's called Logs and Messages, which you can enable under EVE Menu -> Accessories. All the things that you read in the scroll are also listed in the logs (up to 100 or 1000 entries, depending on your settings).

This Ewar text should definitely be included in the Moving Mode state so that you can reposition it just like the notification scroll and error notification box.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.