These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

logged in first time in like a year.... cancelled sub in 1 hour

First post
Author
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#21 - 2015-11-04 00:25:19 UTC
Go back to WOW.
Kadabra
CANE TOADS
#22 - 2015-11-04 00:30:17 UTC
Terranid Meester wrote:
Go back to WOW.

i love world of warships.
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#23 - 2015-11-04 00:31:13 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
Terranid Meester wrote:
Go back to WOW.

Good, stay there ^_^
Kadabra
CANE TOADS
#24 - 2015-11-04 00:34:36 UTC
Terranid Meester wrote:
Kadabra wrote:
Terranid Meester wrote:
Go back to WOW.

Good, stay there ^_^

why?
BLACK-STAR
#25 - 2015-11-04 00:42:35 UTC
You could find plenty of things to do if you get in touch with the right people. You're probably bored cause you never tried anything new since return but ship spin your ass in the hangar. There's countless stuff to do. EVE is what you make of it.

Maybe go roam in a fleet and get on comms and associate. Or buy something nice and expensive and risk it in a wormhole and make yourself sweat it out. Fly something different and do whatever stupid you want to do that has repercussions. Good luck on ED, it's fun too.
Avvy
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-11-04 00:50:28 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
WHY DOES THIS GAME STILL FREAKING BORE THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!

is EVE ever going to be exciting?

Music - take a nap

Combat - 2005 graphics and sound

EVE trailers - usually showing all kinds of stuff that is not in game.... like good cinematic music and effects etc.

SPACE - its freaking small now

Elite dangerous... thats still fun.... back to that.

You mean you've never experienced the thrill of altering your skill queue?

*shakes head in disbelief*
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#27 - 2015-11-04 01:02:57 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Kadabra wrote:

Uh... I guess... if you like your games to be about as deep as a rain puddle.

I think I've played rounds of Candyland that were more nuanced than E:D.

yeah, cause EVE is DEEP..... you get to sit on a structure for 6 freaken hours literally watching a movie to keep yourself entertained...... in my opinion, when you have to watch a movie because the game is that dull.... there is an issue there.

Word of advice, if you're going to troll at least try to keep up with current events.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-11-04 03:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Kadabra wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Kadabra wrote:

yeah, cause EVE is DEEP..... you get to sit on a structure for 6 freaken hours literally watching a movie to keep yourself entertained...... in my opinion, when you have to watch a movie because the game is that dull.... there is an issue there.

Having never sat on a structure for "6 freaken hours" in over 10 years of playing this game, I feel confident in saying that if you ever did that, it's because you chose to do it.

E:D is cute for what it is, but what it is... is a very casual game. There's no concept of emergent gameplay in E:D. There's no real economy to speak of. If all you want is a little pewpew it's fine, I guess, but there's certainly nothing that makes the player feel invested in the experience. You're certainly never going to read some curiously out of place article in Forbes about the internal goings on of the E:D universe because they're never going to be interesting enough to warrant it.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#29 - 2015-11-04 03:42:16 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
I've played off and on sense beta... Guess I beat the game. Ive done everything there is to do . :( poo.

no, one thing is left.
biomass your alt.
do that and you have won eve.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

PhantomMajor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-11-04 04:16:48 UTC
what you need is a good twelve hours of nothing but ice mining in hi sec to teach you what real boredom feels like
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2015-11-04 04:53:44 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Kadabra wrote:

Or you could leave the safe confines of that structure....

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2015-11-04 04:57:56 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Kadabra wrote:
I've played off and on sense beta... Guess I beat the game. Ive done everything there is to do . :( poo.

no, one thing is left.
biomass your alt.
do that and you have won eve.

After that, I'd be impressed.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#33 - 2015-11-04 05:39:43 UTC
Game?

I'm here for the company.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Goose Lee
The Geese Nest
Safety.
#34 - 2015-11-04 06:12:34 UTC
No one cares.
Galen Darksmith
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#35 - 2015-11-04 06:17:18 UTC
EVE is a sandbox game in which what you can do is limited only by your imagination.

So if EVE is boring for you, that is because you are a boring person.

"EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in, you're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, that's what hello kitty online is for." -CCP Wrangler

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#36 - 2015-11-04 06:51:44 UTC
Kadabra wrote:

Well I guess you're just not interested in a create-your-own-adventure game anymore.

It's kind of like all those sandbox fps games we see. Eventually you just settle down and want to play a more linear game. Sandbox is often just an excuse for lazy design in fps. In an mmo it is important to allow players to set their own goals because of the dynamics of human nature.

And maybe you're like me and you're just tired of being given a playground and told to have fun every day. Think about what activities you did as a child and you might realise that if life imitates art then expecting the same game to offer an all inclusive solution to all of your needs is practically an impossible request.

So play other games. Variety is the spice of life.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#37 - 2015-11-04 06:55:55 UTC
Galen Darksmith wrote:
EVE is a sandbox game in which what you can do is limited only by your imagination.

So if EVE is boring for you, that is because you are a boring person.

Can you please tell the audience if you fall in to a fit or coma when performing any of these activities?
Watching a movie
Reading a book
Taking a walk through a park
Playing with your dog
Logging on your computer
Eating
Breathing
Driving a car
Buying groceries

This list of activities could get pretty extensive. Some things are enjoyable because they're static or predictable. A book always ends the same way and a dog will always chase the ball.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2015-11-04 06:55:58 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
WHY DOES THIS GAME STILL FREAKING BORE THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!

is EVE ever going to be exciting?

Music - take a nap

Combat - 2005 graphics and sound

EVE trailers - usually showing all kinds of stuff that is not in game.... like good cinematic music and effects etc.

SPACE - its freaking small now

The only thing constant in whatever you are experiencing is you. Ergo you're boring.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Frank Pannon
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2015-11-04 07:52:26 UTC
Kadabra wrote:
Yourmoney Mywallet wrote:
Kadabra wrote:
WHY D

Pls kindly stay unsubbed plskthxbye

thats the kind of attitude i expect from most eve players these days. Thanks. :)

So you come onto the forums, take a big dump on the game that people here are passionate about, and than expect a positive reply?

Crawl back under your rock you whining noncontributing zero of a troll.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#40 - 2015-11-04 07:57:24 UTC
I went back to my old elementary school and was amazed that those clocks we'd get a running start to jump up and touch...I had to duck as I went past. Funny how time plays tricks on the memory.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Previous page123Next page