These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

REQUEST for /copycurrent command

Author
Goldie Foxx
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-10-30 12:32:06 UTC
Would it be possible for the devs to add a command that would copy your CURRENT ship from tq over to sisi?

Atm the only way to get a super over to sisi is to wait months for a mirror or go do ~50 freighter runs back and forth from a pos to build the thing.

Please please please could devs add a command to copy your current ship over to sisi so that super owners can use them in mass tests etc?

Thanks
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
xX SERENITY Xx
#2 - 2015-10-30 13:00:59 UTC
put supercarrier in your sitter , when mirror happens you will be able to fly it. that what i do with aeon
Goldie Foxx
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-10-30 13:19:45 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
put supercarrier in your sitter , when mirror happens you will be able to fly it. that what i do with aeon

yeah but still, you have to wait 3-4 months for a mirror,
Brent Anders
Project Pendragon
#4 - 2015-10-31 14:43:00 UTC
As a Simple, short Answer: No!

The long Version:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

Just kidding, the reason CCP didn't do that is the abusive nature of said command, as supers would swarm the test server, with everything ending in a clusterfuck. After all, the Test Server is, in fact, a TEST server.

That being, said, i don't see a Problem with building one by yourself, it takes me 22days, including the sov entosis grind and freighter runs. If you're motivated enought to do a few freight runs, you can easily haul 3 Supercarrier in 2 hours.
The biggest Timegate is the actual buildtime and of curse the motivation to do the hauling, other then that.. if someone really needs (read: wants) a Super on sisi, he'll build it.

Aside that, with the comming superchanges later this year/next year, it's likely that CCP will give everyone a super to redeem like they did with the titan change before.. all those T2 fit supers.. can't wait.
Cadre Arareb
The Cadre Arareb Foundation
#5 - 2015-11-01 04:15:39 UTC
Brent Anders wrote:

Aside that, with the comming superchanges later this year/next year, it's likely that CCP will give everyone a super to redeem like they did with the titan change before.. all those T2 fit supers.. can't wait.

80% of Sisi players "Oh Boy! I'll finally be able to fly something larger than my battleship! I'll be sooooo good at this game"

The other 20% "CCP Kill me now"

The supers will rise again!

Zed Shepard
CLEAR SKY Corporation
#6 - 2015-11-02 20:01:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Zed Shepard
Why not just give players the opportunity to buy ANY unit / structure / ship for a test server market? Including titans, supercarriers, all ded-space units, etc.
For example, only if a player has the skills for this subject
Comodore John
4S Corporation
The Initiative.
#7 - 2015-11-02 22:17:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Comodore John
Zed Shepard wrote:
Why not just give players the opportunity to buy ANY unit / structure / ship for a test server market? Including titans, supercarriers, all ded-space units, etc.
For example, only if a player has the skills for this subject

Because every time CCP has seeded supers (intentionally or unintentionally) it turns into everyone who can't fly supers using Mass Test SP to fly them and the whole server just becomes who has the larger gang. No real testing gets done. This is why super seeding is saved for occasions where it is only truely needed (upcoming capital changes unfortunately shall be such a time. There'll be 6+ hour log in queues if the last time is anything to base this off of).

As far as faction modules, if you own them on TQ stick them in a ship's cargo and after DT do a /copyships and you will be able to use them. Seeding them creates an unrealistic environment where every ship you encounter is completely meta 13/14 fit and again no actual testing gets done. One can argue that /copyships can effectively create the same such environment but you are limited to only so many modules per day instead of an endless supply.

Edit: In regards to the OP's request, it won't happen. CCP intentionally leaves out supers and limited edition ships from the /copyships command. If not they may as well seed supers as groups who have access to them on TQ will simply give out theirs to friends/members of their groups and copy over another set of supers (yes there are people who would do this). If you want your super from TQ either wait for a mirror like every other super owner, ask someone on TQ to borrow theirs on the test server, or build your own like others do.
Cadre Arareb
#8 - 2015-11-03 05:40:16 UTC
Here's a idea.. have a wormhole that has all the supers one could want in it. Allow the idiots to fight to their hearts content... Disable moveme in the wormhole, or why in a super in the wormhole w/e. So that they have no way to get them out.

A Super-testing zone where all the window lickers can go play, and 6-c can be for everything else...

Zed Shepard
CLEAR SKY Corporation
#9 - 2015-11-03 14:10:50 UTC
Comodore John wrote:

... If you want your super from TQ either wait for a mirror like every other super owner, ask someone on TQ to borrow theirs on the test server, or build your own like others do.

I would like to first try out the supers before buying or building him. It requires a lot of time, a lot of money and even more skills to build. This is probably the meaning of the test server, imho
Comodore John
4S Corporation
The Initiative.
#10 - 2015-11-03 14:16:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Comodore John
Cadre Arareb wrote:
Here's a idea.. have a wormhole that has all the supers one could want in it. Allow the idiots to fight to their hearts content... Disable moveme in the wormhole, or why in a super in the wormhole w/e. So that they have no way to get them out.

A Super-testing zone where all the window lickers can go play, and 6-c can be for everything else...

Far more effort for CCP to implement than it's worth, their resources are better spent actually improving the game.

Zed Shepard wrote:
Comodore John wrote:

... If you want your super from TQ either wait for a mirror like every other super owner, ask someone on TQ to borrow theirs on the test server, or build your own like others do.

I would like to first try out the supers before buying or building him. It requires a lot of time, a lot of money and even more skills to build. This is probably the meaning of the test server, imho

Building requires capital ship construction 4/5 (or finding someone who will install it for you), a freighter, and about 2-3 hours of your time spent hauling 100 ISK parts to a POS. The mechanics are already in place but if you're too lazy to use them start begging people from TQ that have supers to let you borrow them because that's about the only way you'll be able to use them.
Zed Shepard
CLEAR SKY Corporation
#11 - 2015-11-03 17:50:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Zed Shepard
Comodore John wrote:

Building requires capital ship construction 4/5 (or finding someone who will install it for you), a freighter, and about 2-3 hours of your time spent hauling 100 ISK parts to a POS. The mechanics are already in place but if you're too lazy to use them start begging people from TQ that have supers to let you borrow them because that's about the only way you'll be able to use them.

You give strange advices: Offer to buy a lot of expensive ded-space modules in order to transfer them to a test server and try it? What for? If I can buy them all, I will test them on the main server. Or build Supers on the test server? You know how long it takes to build 1 Titan?
Where is the logic?

(PS. sorry for my english)
Comodore John
4S Corporation
The Initiative.
#12 - 2015-11-03 18:12:30 UTC
Zed Shepard wrote:
Comodore John wrote:

You give strange advices: Offer to buy a lot of expensive ded-space modules in order to transfer them to a test server and try it? What for? If I can buy them all, I will test them on the main server. Or build Supers on the test server? You know how long it takes to build 1 Titan?
Where is the logic?

Off the top of my head I want to say maybe 50 days or so, haven't built supers in ages. Given that mirrors are 3+ months now that's plenty of time to build a Titan on the test server. Short of owning one on TQ or getting one from a TQ owner this is your only option in obtaining one.
Kierss Mann
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-11-03 18:29:09 UTC
What super carrier would you like? I'm sure I have a spare one laying around. Message me on Singularity (toGoldie Foxx)
Cadre Arareb
#14 - 2015-11-04 20:55:15 UTC
Kierss Mann wrote:
What super carrier would you like? I'm sure I have a spare one laying around. Message me on Singularity (toGoldie Foxx)

I would like a aeon, maybe 4-5 nyx's. Keep the hels.. worthless anyway.. Do those come with full deadspace too? Oh! I also want a new car, and maybe a new york penthouse. Pwease.

Brent Anders
Project Pendragon
#15 - 2015-11-05 07:24:22 UTC
Comodore John wrote:
Zed Shepard wrote:
Comodore John wrote:

Where is the logic?

Off the top of my head I want to say maybe 50 days or so, haven't built supers in ages. Given that mirrors are 3+ months now that's plenty of time to build a Titan on the test server. Short of owning one on TQ or getting one from a TQ owner this is your only option in obtaining one.

Depending on your Skills, or rather not, as you already have maxed prodution skills when you're able to build Supers, so, depending on the BP reseach level, building a Supercarrier takes between 18-22 Days and a Titan is somewhere between 29-35 Days. Hauling a Supercarrier with one Freighter is around 1-2 Hours, a Titan.. can 't really say, but it took me around a hour with three Freighters, so i'd say you look at a solid 2-4 hours of hauling with just one Freighter, and keep in mind that's with perfect aligned POSes from the Station Undock, as in, you undock and instawarp, so if your POS is located off the direct Undock, you have a good 30-45 sec aligment each time, and you can add another hour to to the overall time.

But, if someone wants something special, he has to work for it, case closed.

Deadspace and Officer Mods are a complete diffrent Story, but i think that Horse has been beaten enought by now.