These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Breast Cancer awareness Skins

First post
Author
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#21 - 2015-10-28 21:47:21 UTC
Lara Sunji wrote:
I'd like to have a testicle cancer skin as well.

don't forget lung cancer, prostate cancer and well why not all of them What?

let me be clear i lost a lot of people on cancer one of them was my mother, it is a horrible decease that i don't wish on anyone but all those awareness and cause X bracelets is not doing much for me. I think everybody pretty much knows that this decease exists.

put it short, i vote no last thing i wanna think about when i play a game is cancer

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Hra Neuvosto
Party Cat Enterprises
#22 - 2015-10-28 23:03:32 UTC
I'd purchase an Ebola-chan skin tbh
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#23 - 2015-10-29 01:26:42 UTC
Whatever you think of the idea, it just is not going to happen. I have to say that I think CCP would rather not get sued by the fascists at the Komen Foundation.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2015-10-29 04:51:03 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Whatever you think of the idea, it just is not going to happen. I have to say that I think CCP would rather not get sued by the fascists at the Komen Foundation.

How about ISD just lock this thread as it actually violates rule 7?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2015-10-29 07:49:14 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
How about ISD just lock this thread as it actually violates rule 7?

I'd say report button is a decent way to achieve it.
Rmage Gemmell
Unrelated Intentions
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2015-10-29 11:14:03 UTC
Jessica Raiden wrote:
Got to thinking, we could use some BCA Skins for our ships. could only be 30 days or whatever for February/October. Would be really cool. :3

An estimated 5% of EVE's playerbase is female, while all players have women in their lives.

I will support this initiative together with prostate cancer awareness too, since that is the equivalent nasty little killer of the other half of the species.
Jueru
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-10-29 12:11:45 UTC
While we can all agree that cancer, in all its forms, is a horrible thing, it must really be said.

STOP FEEDING THE SCAM THAT IS CANCER RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

Pharmaceutical companies receive billions a year from governments and wannabe do-gooders simply throwing money at them to discover a cure. In addition to this, they get to charge fees only an extortionist would love to those suffering from this disease to simply treat the symtoms. These companies have zero interest in actually curing anything, since they get so much free money for failing.

If you truly want to stop cancer, take a look at your own life, find the **** that causes cancer, stop doing that, and encourage those you love to do the same. Stop stuffing the pockets of people who only want to make a profit off other people's misery.
O2 jayjay
Night's Paladins
Siege Gold
#28 - 2015-10-29 12:25:07 UTC  |  Edited by: O2 jayjay
Alot of bitching going on here. Yes there are other cancers but thats not a reason to shut down breast cancer. Fact is breast cancer has a month. It just happens to be that month! Yhe OP asked for some pink skins to support the cause. Why not support the OP instead of getting ***** like? Why would pink ships mess up the game? If you dont like the pink skins for 30 days then turn off the skin feature. Stop all this bitching and nagging and put tour energy towards doing some good and being supportive.

***** sprinkles!
Valkin Mordirc
#29 - 2015-10-29 12:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Because the many phallic shaped ships in EvE really need pink skins? Really?

Because they totally can't offer it in non penis shaped ship. But if you see a **** in a tristian you obviously have a problem not pertaining to EVE,

Regardless everyone arguing against this seems kinda ass backwards, if CCP can find a suitable way to offer a donation skin that helps fund treatments of anybody with cancer then why argue against it? You call it tacky for wanting something in return for a donation but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a donation and not a good reason to not allow it. It's really ******* stupid to saying

NO/DONT MAKE/ ALLOW EVE PLAYERS TO BUY A SKIN THAT DONATES TO CANCER FUNDS BECAUSE IT'S TACKY.

Do you understand how stupid and pretentious that makes you sound? Who the **** cares if it's tacky? It's for a good cause. The hell does it matter if it's tacky?

And the people saying, WELL WHY NOT LUNG CANCER?!?!?!

Arguments like this are cancer. And holds nothing really of value expect to misdirect the idea.

If CCP wants to set up a donation drive for anything that needs the help, why the **** would you not say no? You don't have to donate you don't have a deal with it, but it's there for people who might.

The idea of Awareness is to make people consider donating. Yeah they are aware of breast cancer, but they may not go out of the way to find where they can donate. More so when you have greedy people like NFL which breast cancer funds are only like 14 cents for a 30 dollar hat.
#DeleteTheWeak
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#30 - 2015-10-29 12:53:20 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
How about all of you who want to make a donation for breast cancer just go do a donation for breast cancer and be done with it instead of asking for others

Because the OP wants to make a dramatic gesture to look like good and thoroughly decent person in front of everyone by asking us for our money. If he just made a discrete private donation himself then it wouldn't have the same effect.
Khan Wrenth wrote:
Why not have a skin cancer skin?

It isn't a funny subject, but this still made me chuckle.
Lara Sunji
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-10-29 13:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Lara Sunji
Ellendras Silver wrote:
Lara Sunji wrote:
I'd like to have a testicle cancer skin as well.

don't forget lung cancer, prostate cancer and well why not all of them What?

I agree, it's just that breast cancer is getting a tad too much awareness while the other one isn't. Heck its even got it's own television show around the world, but no such thing for testicles. I'm perfectly aware there are loads of different types and each and every one of them deserves more attention, not just breasts.

I dunno, it's a horrible thing in any shape or form.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#32 - 2015-10-29 14:54:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Jueru wrote:
While we can all agree that cancer, in all its forms, is a horrible thing, it must really be said.

STOP FEEDING THE SCAM THAT IS CANCER RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

Pharmaceutical companies receive billions a year from governments and wannabe do-gooders simply throwing money at them to discover a cure. In addition to this, they get to charge fees only an extortionist would love to those suffering from this disease to simply treat the symtoms. These companies have zero interest in actually curing anything, since they get so much free money for failing.

If you truly want to stop cancer, take a look at your own life, find the **** that causes cancer, stop doing that, and encourage those you love to do the same. Stop stuffing the pockets of people who only want to make a profit off other people's misery.

First off there is no way to prevent cancer period. You can eat, drink and do everything possible and you may still get cancer because you are exposed to carcinogens in you daily life. Chemicals on the job, in the air we breathe, the clothes we wear and even the sun that provides light and warmth.

Moving on to your rant against the companies envolved in research my mother a 45 year breast cancer survivor, my brother a 15 year prostate cancer survivor, 2 nieces (breast cancer) 2 friends(skin cancer) and the list could go on. All of these people and hundreds of thousands of others share one thing in common, they are alive today because of drugs and other treatement options that are available now that were not even 10 years ago. And the reason those treatment options are available today is the research done by the drug companies. Is that expensive, why yes it is so what is my response. Perhaps you would propose that we stop funding all research into all medical problems simply because it is being conducted by companies that are in business to make a profit?
ISD Buldath
#33 - 2015-10-29 16:24:15 UTC
Quote:
7. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.

Discussion of real life religion and politics is strictly prohibited on the EVE Online forums. Discussions of this nature often creates animosity between forum users due to real life political or military conflicts. CCP promotes the growth of a gaming community where equality is at the forefront. Nationalist, religious or political affiliations are not part of EVE Online, and should not be part of discussion on the EVE Online forums.

This got way off topic and out of hand, Closing this to avoid further issues.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.

ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#34 - 2015-10-29 16:25:14 UTC
This thread has gone way off the rails, sadly. I will lock it, as the original suggestion is still present but this trollololol and disrespectful posting will stop.

Quote:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

7. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.

Discussion of real life religion and politics is strictly prohibited on the EVE Online forums. Discussions of this nature often creates animosity between forum users due to real life political or military conflicts. CCP promotes the growth of a gaming community where equality is at the forefront. Nationalist, religious or political affiliations are not part of EVE Online, and should not be part of discussion on the EVE Online forums.

Locked.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12