These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Change T2 repair drone requirements

Author
Tethys Luxor
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-10-29 13:42:52 UTC
Hi,

T2 repair drone skill is a *3 skill. All T2 repair drones have repair drone V as requirement.
Would be it better to spread it a bit like prop mods (like level III required for small repair drones, lvl IV for medium and V for heavy) ?

It would maybe make people lose interest in the lvl V, but it's right now a pretty expensive skill to get small t2 rep drones...
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-10-29 14:43:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Frostys Virpio
Tethys Luxor wrote:
Hi,

T2 repair drone skill is a *3 skill. All T2 repair drones have repair drone V as requirement.
Would be it better to spread it a bit like prop mods (like level III required for small repair drones, lvl IV for medium and V for heavy) ?

It would maybe make people lose interest in the lvl V, but it's right now a pretty expensive skill to get small t2 rep drones...

a x3 skill is a long train?

Here I was thinking I was still on a short one training HIC to V...
HandelsPharmi
Pharmi on CharBazaar
#3 - 2015-10-29 15:40:05 UTC  |  Edited by: HandelsPharmi
Why not something like this:

Small Drones = Light Repair Drones
Medium Drones = Medium ...
Heavy Drones = Heavy Repair Drones

each skill on level 4 for T1 version
and level 5 for T2 version
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#4 - 2015-10-29 15:48:08 UTC
How is 12 days of skill training expensive for something most people do not even want to use? Most Logi pilots have damage drones in their logistics ships and not repair drones.

@HandelsPharmi
I think his plan was to make training faster, not take even longer than it does now.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Tethys Luxor
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-10-30 09:58:45 UTC
Rivr, that's the point. 12 days would be short for some skills and very long for less useful ones.
For this drones, this is very expensive imho.

Logi pilots use both damage and repair drones depending on doctrines. Brave used to have armor repair drones on shield logis for example. That has been useful in a lot of fights to avoid having low armor fleetmates hanging around.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-10-30 11:52:08 UTC
Non-combat drones need there balance pass still.

On topic, the skill is fine as is, if you haven't figured out if you are needing/wanting T2 rep drones by the time you get the skill to level 4, why are you wanting to take the skill to level 5.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Lara Sunji
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-10-30 12:15:48 UTC
Logistics drones are nearly 99% useless unless you got an army of them (and 5 or 20 is not an army). It's like mining drones, completely useless.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#8 - 2015-10-30 14:21:05 UTC
if lvl V is too expensive for small logi drones, dont skill it.
I dont see a need for change.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#9 - 2015-10-30 18:38:50 UTC
the only place i have ever used them is in incursions, shield incursions with armor and hull drones to do "spot repairs"

but yeah i dont feel the current level 5 time is very acceptable and inline with other skill times for maxxing logi stuff...

But then i remember carrier five, and fleet command 5...
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-10-30 19:49:36 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
How is 12 days of skill training expensive for something most people do not even want to use? Most Logi pilots have damage drones in their logistics ships and not repair drones.

I'm with Tethys Luxor on this one. I'm well past training into almost all tech 2 modules and am now training into a lot of side stuff I'm not about to use really quickly, but training into T2 logi drones isn't even on my radar even though I'd definitely use them were I able to.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."