These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lost in space

Author
Chal82
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-10-24 03:30:57 UTC
So after a year and a half off, I've recently re-subbed, i stopped playing as i was null sov based and could not keep up with deployments and CTA during my limited playtime, thanks to my 2nd child having recently came along at the time.

Since re-subbing I've logged in, set some skills to train, checked how much my investments have made me on my alt, tried to get an understanding of the changes from the past 18 months and whats happening in the future, once done i decided to have a fly through some lowsec systems in a cheap lowly rifter to see if i can get a couple of scraps to brush off the rustyness, in an hour of bouncing through lowsec systems i did not get one fight.

In my previous time playing i absolutely loved the game and use to be on it for about 6 hours a day easily, the PCGE guys were brilliant at getting me into the game when i first started out, and having it hold my interest, we joined up with RPSH in lowsec for a while after that which was fun too, Eben had a way with words, especially the more choice ones.

Eventually we went with RPSH to 0.0 and joined Huzzah and i got an early taste of 0.0 awareness with just a couple of million SP, when huzzah folded i joined a corp with a few of the regular guys in PCGE and bounced around for a bit, went to provi with Legion of Spoon for a while to take some time to chill and fight the local pirates in the lowsec borders, good laughs were had all round.

Had a couple of months break and still kept my toons training, came back to find a splinter of the old guys i flew with had a new corp, CAGE, joined them and we went on our travels through the drone regions etc, eventually joining an alliance in the CFC, the guys were always pleasant and helpful, hard to believe for some i'm sure, and many good fights were had, and equally some bad ones, this was the point that our 2nd littlun was born and i no longer had the time to put into the game, after a few months of trying i left the corp / alliance so i was not dead weight as i could not invest the time, my alt jumped all my assets into a lowsec system for safe keeping and after buying up some market items with my liquid isk from here i let my sub lapse.

Now why did i just read all that crap i'm sure some of you are thinking, well i am literally lost in space now, re-subbing to find the active playerbase almost halved, almost everyone i ever flew with does not appear to play anymore and for the short time i can get on and play i just cannot seem to find anything worth doing in the time i have, previously i would be happy flying round for a couple of hours and just getting one fight, now i don't want that couple of hours be all i can play.

It's daft, in my time in game i've amassed billions in isk, and have countless ships still yet to lose, but i just cannot find that urge to do anything like i did before, perhaps it's just still the wrong time for me to be playing which is a shame.

Anyone have any ideas of what can set the spark off again?

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2015-10-24 04:32:47 UTC
Try FC'ing a small group of newer players?
Wormhole Space?
Faction Warfare?

Null may be the wrong place to find the spark again.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#3 - 2015-10-24 05:38:07 UTC
Find the spark again is one of the most common issues plaguing mankind throughout its history. If you ever manage to find the secret, write a book and sell it for millions!!

That being said noone else can actually be of much help here. Its YOUR spark not mine or anyone elses and each person is different so my suggestions might bore you even more. In the end its a tough decision and things you need to do for yourself.

But if youre going to try things try something you have never done in game. At least itll be a challenge on some level to master something new. Good luck.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Cecil Montague
PCG Enterprises
#4 - 2015-10-24 07:02:37 UTC
PCGE is still here mate if you want to come back. I was in exactly the same state of mind five years ago and found that teaching and supporting others as they entered New Eden for the first time very rewarding.

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of Totality" - Bruce Lee: The only man with a Chuck Norris killmail.

Chal82
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-10-24 07:15:04 UTC
Cecil Montague wrote:
PCGE is still here mate if you want to come back. I was in exactly the same state of mind five years ago and found that teaching and supporting others as they entered New Eden for the first time very rewarding.

I may take you up on that Cecil, it'd be nice to help people into the game the way I was.
Deck Cadelanne
CAStabouts
#6 - 2015-10-24 07:20:30 UTC
Chal82 wrote:
Cecil Montague wrote:

I may take you up on that Cecil, it'd be nice to help people into the game the way I was.

You won't regret it.

Helping newer players (usually by getting myself blown up and/or fc'ing small roams) is by far my favourite activity in game. Nothing else comes close.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-10-24 23:17:10 UTC
Put 5 PLEX in a rookie ship. Make the same journey. Announce your cargo contents in local in each system.
If that doesn't get you shot at, nothing will.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Chal82
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-10-24 23:49:54 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Put 5 PLEX in a rookie ship. Make the same journey. Announce your cargo contents in local in each system.

Tempting, but 5 plex will cost me almost half of my liquid isk, that isk would be put to better use getting some fitted ships in for new people to fly and lose in a blaze of glory.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#9 - 2015-10-25 01:21:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Chal82 wrote:
Otso Bakarti wrote:

Tempting, but 5 plex will cost me almost half of my liquid isk, that isk would be put to better use getting some fitted ships in for new people to fly and lose in a blaze of glory.

Join RvB then, and undock.

Heck, even Brave Newbies Inc. are getting fights and making ISK in faction warfare (Caldari militia I think), and there are many others in that like Dirt'n'Glitter (Amarr militia).

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5943454#post5943454
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5725761#post5725761

New Eden is full of opportunities.
Marsha Mallow
#10 - 2015-10-25 01:35:09 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:

Join RvB then, and undock.

Heck, even Brave Newbies Inc. are getting fights and making ISK in faction warfare (Caldari militia I think), and there are many others in that like Dirt'n'Glitter (Amarr militia).

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5943454#post5943454
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5725761#post5725761

New Eden is full of opportunities.

RVB to closeSad

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day