These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Ability to get sound notification from chat channel

Author
Apollo Amdonen
Holy Amarrian Order of Clarity
#1 - 2015-10-14 20:29:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Apollo Amdonen
Currently chats can be set to blink or not to blink. I would find it very useful if there would also be ability to set a sound with the blink. There could be several sounds that you could choose from. Anyhow getting audible info on the chats that you choose that there is a new message.

Apollo
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2015-10-15 01:35:19 UTC
No to allowing you to AFK better. Pay attention to the game and you'll see the blinking.
Zimmer Jones
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2015-10-15 03:08:35 UTC
Jita. Unsupported, enough said.

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

Kenrailae
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#4 - 2015-10-15 03:16:41 UTC
Maybe on Private chat channels only. Maybe....

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Iain Cariaba
#5 - 2015-10-15 03:32:52 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:
Maybe on Private chat channels only. Maybe....

Public or private, see my post above.
Kenrailae
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#6 - 2015-10-15 03:43:24 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Kenrailae wrote:
Maybe on Private chat channels only. Maybe....

Public or private, see my post above.




Welcome to being entitled to your own opinion.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Iain Cariaba
#7 - 2015-10-15 06:02:51 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Kenrailae wrote:
Maybe on Private chat channels only. Maybe....

Public or private, see my post above.

Welcome to being entitled to your own opinion.

Ditto.
AnzacPaul
Tactically Challenged
Tactical Supremacy
#8 - 2015-10-20 10:46:57 UTC
+1 to this, but i'd rather it be if someone links your name, kind of like a "poke".
Nyalnara
Dark Evil Undead Ponies Productions
#9 - 2015-10-21 00:27:33 UTC
Apollo Amdonen wrote:
Currently chats can be set to blink or not to blink. I would find it very useful if there would also be ability to set a sound with the blink. There could be several sounds that you could choose from. Anyhow getting audible info on the chats that you choose that there is a new message.

Apollo


Yeay, now we can get even more afk in anoms, we don't even need to look at intel channels! Maybe next, add some LUA support, so that we can create addons that would auto warp to anoms, throw drones out, turn mods on, then repeat? And maybe even auto-dock if neutrals on local?

In case that was not obvious to some, that is called sarcasm.

French half-noob.

Non, je ne suis pas gentil.

Lara Sunji
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-10-21 08:53:26 UTC
Would be nice with a much better alert when enemies warp into system. With the current and beyond broken wardec system, this is needed.
Dantes Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-10-21 09:11:51 UTC
Definelty supported.

Regulations would be needed, but definetly.

+1

D.

"Before you diagnose yourself with low selfesteem and depression, you should first make sure, that you are not just, in fact, surrounded by assholes".

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#12 - 2015-10-21 10:48:10 UTC
EVE has sound?

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.