These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCPlz: Stacking Neuts

Author
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#1 - 2015-10-17 06:29:52 UTC
Would be nice if we could stack neuts the same way you stack guns. If you're flying a neut ship whose primary weapon is neuts (curse, pilgrim, legion) it's kind of a pain to set shortkeys for all the neuts. Would be really nice if we could stack neuts the same way you can stack guns!
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#2 - 2015-10-17 07:20:36 UTC
Is it not better to cycle your neuts?

Now, smartbombs, I could support. Would be great to be able to stack them.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Sigras
Conglomo
#3 - 2015-10-17 09:17:15 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:

This...

If you want to stack your neuts, you're doing it wrong.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-10-17 13:17:14 UTC
Sigras wrote:
This...

I say we give people the power to do it wrong.

Also I see a use for stacking them: it is possible for a multi-neut ship to be unable to cap out a ship with enough capacitor flux coils. If it stacked some of the neuts, it could bring the ship's capacitor to zero instantly which would briefly pause it and slow its growth down greatly, allowing for the unstacked remaining neuts to be cycled to keep the ship down at the bottom of its capacitor pool. It's a stretch but it might work.

Think of it as alpha damage for capacitors.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#5 - 2015-10-17 15:56:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Murkar Omaristos
I see what you're saying, but there are lots of occasions when you want to alpha someone's cap rather than cycling the neuts. "You're not using them the way I say they should be used" is a pretty poor reason to not allow stacking, we should have the choice.

Having the ability to stack them also doesn't somehow take away your ability to use them unstacked, just gives you the option to stack them if you want.

Remember as well that stacking doesn't necessarily mean putting everything in one stack. With guns you can stack as many as you want (i.e. you could fill eight high slots with neuts, but separate them into two or four stacks).
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#6 - 2015-10-17 16:54:50 UTC
if you could stack them you could still make 4 stacks of 2 or somehting which would make a bhaalgorn for example alot easier to fly... and i for one like putting tackle in highslots next to my offensive slots... and this would allow me to do that and keep stuff nice and neat for my muscle memory...

Not to mention it might help serverload if you have neut heavy docterines...
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#7 - 2015-10-17 18:55:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Murkar Omaristos
FireFrenzy wrote:
and i for one like putting tackle in highslots next to my offensive slots... and this would allow me to do that and keep stuff nice and neat for my muscle memory...

This is what made me think of it, and I definitely agree. I put tackle in my highs as well, and both the cloak and prop mod if it's a cloaky neut legion or something. Without stacking, a full rack of neuts plus tackle can mean you run out of F-key slots for stuff, which is super inconvenient.
Azazel The Misanthrope
Oblivion's Pendulum
Top Tier
#8 - 2015-10-17 21:13:52 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Sigras wrote:
This...

I say we give people the power to do it wrong.

Also I see a use for stacking them: it is possible for a multi-neut ship to be unable to cap out a ship with enough capacitor flux coils. If it stacked some of the neuts, it could bring the ship's capacitor to zero instantly which would briefly pause it and slow its growth down greatly, allowing for the unstacked remaining neuts to be cycled to keep the ship down at the bottom of its capacitor pool. It's a stretch but it might work.

Think of it as alpha damage for capacitors.

Always providing the out-of-the-box opinion. Much appreciated.
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-10-18 00:46:20 UTC
I understand that F1 syndrom is about to be aplicable elsewhere. I'm fine with my current parazitic complexes work separate but not as group.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#10 - 2015-10-18 15:27:12 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
I understand that F1 syndrom is about to be aplicable elsewhere. I'm fine with my current parazitic complexes work separate but not as group.

Yes, being able to use a shortkey instead of having to mash my keyboard would be a horrible, game breaking thing.
Kenrailae
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2015-10-19 05:39:14 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:

Hey, if people want to be bad and one volley all their neuts, who am I to stop them?

+1 for Neuts and SB's. Heck, I'd even go for jammers.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-10-19 11:52:21 UTC
make all modules stackable, alot of times its better to not stack your modules but give the people the chance to make bad choices!
oohthey ioh
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-10-31 18:29:51 UTC  |  Edited by: oohthey ioh
Stacking is isnt the right word, grouping is the right terminology. I support this but like others siad its better to have them ungrouped generally specking, there are times like an Armageddon neuting an carrier might want to group a pair just for the Alpha neut and leave the rest ungrouped.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#14 - 2015-10-31 19:12:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Murkar Omaristos wrote:
Would be nice if we could stack neuts the same way you stack guns. If you're flying a neut ship whose primary weapon is neuts (curse, pilgrim, legion) it's kind of a pain to set shortkeys for all the neuts. Would be really nice if we could stack neuts the same way you can stack guns!

If you ate flying a dedicated neut ship I would hope you knew better than to activate then all at once
But idk what having the choice would hurt