These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Corporation ships

Author
Jenni Concarnadine
SYNDIC Unlimited
#1 - 2015-10-10 08:14:33 UTC
Asking for assist here: How do I set ships so that they're owned by my corp ? So that I can dock one in a Significant Place, and then have it available to my corp members to sue freely, without having to be there to "give" it to them, and take it back afterwards ?

Thnx for your advice: o7
Jenni
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2015-10-10 08:18:47 UTC
Put a POS up with a Corp Hanger, give them all access to it.
Jenni Concarnadine
SYNDIC Unlimited
#3 - 2015-10-10 08:20:32 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Put a POS up with a Corp Hanger, give them all access to it.

Won't that just attract gankers and thieves to blow up/steal my stuff ? Or will the new Citadels sort this ?
Rin Valador
Professional Amateurs
#4 - 2015-10-10 08:36:58 UTC
You could also set up an office in an npc station and have a right set up to give to your members to pull ships out of a specific hanger.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." - The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Jenni Concarnadine
SYNDIC Unlimited
#5 - 2015-10-10 08:45:11 UTC
Thank you.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#6 - 2015-10-10 10:53:29 UTC
Jenni Concarnadine wrote:
and then have it available to my corp members to sue freely,

1. Don't put seatbelts in the ships
2. Wait for corpies to take out ships
3. ???
4. Litigate and profit!

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-10-10 17:36:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
You don't really get to designate a ship as the corp's. As soon as it's "issued" for all intents and purposes it's the person's you issued it to. There is no repo authority you can present registration to, who'll return said ship to you (in the dark of night, or the bright glare of the location lighting). Ergo, you're looking at an honor system you can't get around, and no amount of flipping switches or putting checks in boxes will change that.

ALL you CAN do is ensure the one you issue the ship to is honorable and honest. But, hey, this is the NEW EVE!
IT prides itself in a thoroughly unscrupulous and treacherous population where the first rule is TRUST NO ONE!
(It says so right on the label!) So, it's amusing you even asked this question. The ones who endeavor to answer it...
can you really believe them?

Bwaaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaaa! BWAAAAAA haaaaa haaaaa haaaa!! ....I kill me sometimes.

Cool

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Hengle Teron
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#8 - 2015-10-10 18:12:25 UTC
What the **** you mean New EVE ???
Memphis Baas
#9 - 2015-10-10 20:05:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
As it's been said:

- if the "significant place" is in a system that has no stations, you set up a POS and make sure it has a Ship Maintenance Array (SMA) and a Corporate Hangar Array (CHA) and/or Personal Hangar Array (PHA). The SMA holds ships and allows people to equip and arm up ships, and the CHA/PHA are storage space that can hold the modules and ammo that the ships need. Your corp members can also exit their ships inside the POS shields and leave them there (or have multiple ships floating in space inside the shields and fly their pods into whichever ship they want to use at the moment). Obviously, there can be some issues with security, corp members taking each other's ships, and/or corp theft.

- on the other hand, if there's a station available, you can "rent an office" and that provides 7 hangars with unlimited space, and also with "no access, view, take" permissions that you can set up through the corporation interface. Theft can still be an issue, because in order to enable access to share ships (the intended purpose / why you're doing this), you're lowering the security of each hangar.

EDIT: POSes can indeed be attacked, but the attackers must follow whatever the combat rules are for the space (i.e. if in high-sec, they must declare war first, and can't bring dreadnoughts or other capital ships). The SMA and Hangar Arrays do consume some of the tower's grid and CPU, but there should be plenty left for POS guns, shield resistance hardeners, etc. Any of your corp members that train the skill Starbase Defense Management will be able to man the guns and focus fire and/or coordinate with your defense fleets.