These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AT ships in NEX store for AUR as Second Edition ships

Author
Pelle Wittewoa
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-10-02 11:28:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Pelle Wittewoa
Hello

I have noticed that the AT ships have risen in price a lot and i came across this killmail today. It made me wonder if it wasn't awesome if more shiny killmails and content could be created with that concept! Wouldn't it be awesome if you saw a AT in intel channels and you would go hunt for it! Awesomeness!!

But in the last 3 years the value of the ships has risen beyond the reach of pvp'rs 140-200b / 2000/3000EU

My idea is to have the AT ships in the NEX store as stated: "second edition AT ships". This so that collectors and winners still can collect/have the "first edition" ships.

This would benefit everyone!

Players: more AT ships and generated content
AT winners: Still their precious prices!
Collectors: Still their First Edition collections (plus possible expansion to Second Edition)
CCP: All the above benefits plus extra AUR to spend on wonderful developments!
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-10-02 11:30:02 UTC
This is pay to win in bad drag.

No.
Trin Javidan
Caymen Labs
#3 - 2015-10-02 11:34:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Trin Javidan
I like it!!

Extreme Sweaty hand palms here i come!

Like risking a super but with moar fun flying!!!

Yeahhhh!!!!
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-10-02 11:36:37 UTC
No, not ever.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

cpu939
Eternal Darkness.
The Initiative.
#5 - 2015-10-02 11:55:51 UTC
Due to these ships being way to OP it would be the same as gold ammo, something ccp said they wouldn't do. Plus in my mind it make the prize worth less all the time these teams put into trying to win means winning should be a big deal.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#6 - 2015-10-02 12:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Samillian
Not now.

Not tomorrow.

Not ever.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-10-02 14:19:53 UTC
I haven't been on SiSi for ages, but do they still cost like 100isk down there?

Second edition, so following je name logic everytime it's popped there would be third and forth editions? Ok, here os mine 1,001 edition of Utu.

What would be the difference of second edited Utu from the first one? Extra text in name or diff ststs?

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#8 - 2015-10-02 14:35:30 UTC
Completely destroys the rarity and value of the AT ships, which are meant to be special, one of a kind prizes.

I just can't grasp some people's thought process before they post...
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2015-10-02 14:38:06 UTC
No, because I don't support pay to win as AT ships are idiotically overpowered.
Mai Khumm
#10 - 2015-10-02 15:27:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mai Khumm
Summer of rage and the loss of 20% of CCP staff happened the last time CCP suggested this...

/thread
Pelle Wittewoa
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-10-02 18:11:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Pelle Wittewoa
Leto Aramaus wrote:
Completely destroys the rarity and value of the AT ships, which are meant to be special, one of a kind prizes.

About the prices, 50*140b = 7Trillion isk nowadays, where it was (and just fine and acceptable) 5 years ago, 50*30b= 1,5T.

In my opinion, people are way too greedy nowadays. An AT team of 15 people strike up 7T/ 15 = 466 Billion isk!!! From a certain perspective, that could be seen as overpowered.

What i am saying is, when i fix the magic number of 25/30b a pop on AUR for Second Edition out my magic hat, there are still only winners! Moar AT ships combat content, and CCP gets extra AUR revenue to spend on development time.

First editions would be still one of a kind!

Or maybe just tweak the stats of Second Edition a little bit downwards, and it would still be a good idea with only winners!!
Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#12 - 2015-10-02 19:10:52 UTC
Price is not a balancing tool. Titans cost 100B and still large groups of players manage to amass dozens if not hundreds of them.

AT ships being available for AUR immediately crosses the Pay-To-Win line. These ships are overpowered by nature, and the only reason their stats are acceptable is that they are highly limited in supply. Low supply means the producers can charge whatever they want.

If you want more AT ships to be in the wild, either have the gumption to win the AT yourself or raise enough money to buy some BPCs.

(Though it would be very interesting if 1-run AT ship BPCs were infinitesimally rare drops from high-difficulty pirates.)

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Thron Legacy
White Zulu
Scorpion Federation
#13 - 2015-10-02 21:06:59 UTC
Did I really read someone cry about 7 trillion ISK?
You, sir, got no idea of the gargantuan amounts of ISK floating in New Eden
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-10-02 22:07:10 UTC
Pelle Wittewoa wrote:
Leto Aramaus wrote:

About the prices, 50*140b = 7Trillion isk nowadays, where it was (and just fine and acceptable) 5 years ago, 50*30b= 1,5T.

In my opinion, people are way too greedy nowadays. An AT team of 15 people strike up 7T/ 15 = 466 Billion isk!!! From a certain perspective, that could be seen as overpowered.

What i am saying is, when i fix the magic number of 25/30b a pop on AUR for Second Edition out my magic hat, there are still only winners! Moar AT ships combat content, and CCP gets extra AUR revenue to spend on development time.

Or maybe just tweak the stats of Second Edition a little bit downwards, and it would still be a good idea with only winners!!

What whould be the price of your suggested second editions? Any stats nerf would made those "seconds" less desired cause it's not full copy of the original.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Mai Khumm
#15 - 2015-10-02 22:21:40 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Pelle Wittewoa wrote:
Leto Aramaus wrote:

What whould be the price of your suggested second editions? Any stats nerf would made those "seconds" less desired cause it's not full copy of the original.

The only way this would be even be half-considered, is if the hulls have the same stats as a noob ship or shuttle!

Nothing else, no fitting, no drones, nothing!
Hole Checker
Black Hole Navy
#16 - 2015-10-02 22:36:51 UTC
If everybody has access to them they wont be rare or expensive they will just be a must have ship at that point

So no terrible idea
Pelle Wittewoa
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-10-07 11:01:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Pelle Wittewoa
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Pelle Wittewoa wrote:
Leto Aramaus wrote:

The pricing is of course everything. It would be really hard for me to exactly determinate a pricing level. But i agree with comment pointing to pay for win. It must be sturdy, but not too high. I was thinking around 25-35b. Of course these ships would be faction and officer fit as hell and they could be hunted down as special pirates. I think this could become a fun niche!