These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#781 - 2015-10-05 13:36:56 UTC
Nanite repair paste just needs to be in your cargo hold. You can't OH a module while repairing another module at the same time. Repair paste is used mostly on roams in pvp where you dont necessarily have time or access to stations to repair modules or in WH space. That said the only burner mission where paste *can* be used effectively would be the Serpentis base mission where you have a bit of time between each Talos as you slowboat from the one to the other to repair guns for example or to repair MWD as you fight each Talos. I don't do it myself though.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#782 - 2015-10-05 17:33:40 UTC
additionally hardeners have a long cycle time and don't generate much heat, so I often will overheat one hardener. And if needed I'll heat the rep, although watch it because the rep will generate more heat.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#783 - 2015-10-06 03:57:23 UTC
Burner Cruor
Time to kill: 3:15min
DPS: 306 Fusion, Nova
Note: Use Fusion because range is 0.8+9km, slow boat straight away and a webbed Cruor should stay at ~3.7km (Best DPS is always in 1/3 of falloff).
Quote:
[Wolf, Burner Cruor]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Coreli A-Type Thermic Plating

Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Anti-Thermic Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Just sent the Wolf against the Cruor and didn't pay attention to my guns and they burned out. I only got her down to 90% armor or so...

Lesson learned.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#784 - 2015-10-06 04:07:10 UTC
I'm on my 5th wolf and have #6 in hangar. Looking on the bright side at least #4 was to a disconnect P

I usually leave the heat off the guns till the target is somewhere between 30-50% armor. the lower the better as I have less chance of burning out, and overall time doesn't change much.

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#785 - 2015-10-06 04:12:26 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
I'm on my 5th wolf and have #6 in hangar. Looking on the bright side at least #4 was to a disconnect P

I usually leave the heat off the guns till the target is somewhere between 30-50% armor. the lower the better as I have less chance of burning out, and overall time doesn't change much.

Well, I got on her pretty quick and started to slowboat away. Her neut was really powerful cause my cap booster couldn't keep up with the neuts and I was concentrating on that and the armor rep that I didn't see my guns burn out. I then just turned everything else off and let her have the victory. That was a 70m Wolf that I lost, and that hurt.

I think I will wait a bit more before I do that again.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#786 - 2015-10-06 04:58:35 UTC
imo the cap booster isn't really suppose to keep up with the neuts. I usually just heat the rep and activate the cap booster and rep when my armor drops below 70%. Usually finish after using 4-5 cap boosters. and when I'm not clicking other stuff I keep my mouse over the guns to watch the heat, usually turn the heat off ~74% just to be extra safe.

also I keep range at 6km, not perfect technique but one less thing to think about. maybe 4km would be better, as in the post about the mission it says ~3.7km, and I've had times where either I or the npc bounce into the structure and then range gets messed up. But I usually am at ~3.7km

also it would be wolf 6&7 but I suicided a t1 frig on an alt the last time I burned my guns

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#787 - 2015-10-06 06:01:36 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
imo the cap booster isn't really suppose to keep up with the neuts. I usually just heat the rep and activate the cap booster and rep when my armor drops below 70%. Usually finish after using 4-5 cap boosters. and when I'm not clicking other stuff I keep my mouse over the guns to watch the heat, usually turn the heat off ~74% just to be extra safe.

also I keep range at 6km, not perfect technique but one less thing to think about. maybe 4km would be better, as in the post about the mission it says ~3.7km, and I've had times where either I or the npc bounce into the structure and then range gets messed up. But I usually am at ~3.7km

also it would be wolf 6&7 but I suicided a t1 frig on an alt the last time I burned my guns

Then it has to be my experience since that was my first time. I do have decent frig and small turret skills but the drain from her neuts was horrible. I think I used up 4 of them before I lost my ship.

But at 70m a pop, I won't be doing that again for a while. 70m is a lot to me.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#788 - 2015-10-06 06:33:56 UTC
with most of the burners it is just learning the timing of stuff, and reacting to whatever happens. I pretty much know what to heat and when, also when to cap boost, or cycle reps to avoid using an extra cap booster. if you have an alt might be a good idea to keep it near by with a suicide ecm frig.

also hope you got your wreck back and salvaged it.

can always go try the missions on sisi. they have a copyships command which copies your TQ ships to a station in the main test system. not sure how close it is to any agents, but can always fit up a few and try them out. and use the boost standings command so you can run for any agent anywhere.

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#789 - 2015-10-06 07:26:01 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
with most of the burners it is just learning the timing of stuff, and reacting to whatever happens. I pretty much know what to heat and when, also when to cap boost, or cycle reps to avoid using an extra cap booster. if you have an alt might be a good idea to keep it near by with a suicide ecm frig.

also hope you got your wreck back and salvaged it.

can always go try the missions on sisi. they have a copyships command which copies your TQ ships to a station in the main test system. not sure how close it is to any agents, but can always fit up a few and try them out. and use the boost standings command so you can run for any agent anywhere.

I did get my wreck after I quit the mission, thankfully the coreli armor rep did drop. I think I might have to go do some testing on Sisi. Where can I find some of these commands that you talk about in your last paragraph. I have actually never been to Sisi.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#790 - 2015-10-06 08:30:10 UTC
Heh yea, I've lost my fair share of frigates (nearly lost my gila one time) but have been pretty lucky with my shinies dropping for the most part. That said since one burner agent mission is worth 35mill, I'm able to make the money back in 15min, give or take. High risk, high reward. It's a 'mistake = loss' environment rather than a 'could never win regardless of what you did' environment before some PvP crusader gets twitchy at the mention of high risk, high reward. Pirate

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Nova Artcursis
Anthelmintics
#791 - 2015-10-06 16:28:49 UTC
Having recently returned to EVE I see I have my research cut out for me where burner missions are concerned. Looking forward to losing a few frigates.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#792 - 2015-10-06 20:58:53 UTC
general forum thread with resources. also check out the topics in that forum, sometimes there is something interesting
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=386377&find=unread

Wiki post on sisi, how to connect and some general info
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity

wiki post with player commands, sometimes they add stuff, sometimes remove.
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity_player_commands

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#793 - 2015-10-07 14:38:34 UTC
How do you test the recommended fits on Sisi when you can't purchase the necessary faction modules?

I'm losing a lot of DPS without Caldari Navy Ballistic Controls. Also a lot of fits depend on faction webs.
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#794 - 2015-10-07 14:52:38 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
How do you test the recommended fits on Sisi when you can't purchase the necessary faction modules?

I'm losing a lot of DPS without Caldari Navy Ballistic Controls. Also a lot of fits depend on faction webs.

you get the mods than wait till the next mirror. or you buy the mods as soon as the new mirror goes up.
Nova Artcursis
Anthelmintics
#795 - 2015-10-07 19:05:08 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
general forum thread with resources. also check out the topics in that forum, sometimes there is something interesting
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=386377&find=unread

Wiki post on sisi, how to connect and some general info
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity

wiki post with player commands, sometimes they add stuff, sometimes remove.
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity_player_commands

Awesome Thank You.
Xorce
Old Core X
#796 - 2015-10-08 18:24:29 UTC
Ploing wrote:
for the jag teamburner i tend to use an azeotropic small shieldextender instead tp. basically it gives u enough buffer to stay in shields. the azeotropic did not rise your signature and the killspeed is still good enough.

also give a short list of used ships for frig burner missions to give any ideas.

gurista burner. enyo, shield tanked, speed fitted and 375 dps cold up to 445 dps if i use 2 dmg mods. think i am the only one use a shield enyo.

sansha burner. wolf, armor tanked , ac and missile with tracking comps and both scripts in the mids. 290 dps cold

blood burner. jaguar passive shield tank, ac with 207 dps cold Sad still my worst ship.

serpentis burner. hawk shield tanked, rockets, faction dual web, ac with barrage 286 dps cold.

angel burner. succubus shield tanked, web, 3 dmg mods, ab with more speed than 740 with web on it, pulse laser conflag. 290 dps cold into res hole.

all teamburners. polarized rocket garmur

@Ploing

Curious about your Succubus fitting, could you elaborate? I started fitting a Succubus against it but it hit me the cap will be drained pretty fast and you had no cap booster? Could you show me your fitting? ive done as far as below havent yet put any rigs on either. You used EM, EXP rigs ? Do i need the Fed Web or a Dread is sufficint ?

What tactics you use when engaging

[Succubus, Xorce's Succubus]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Dread Guristas EM Ward Field
Small Shield Booster II

Small Focused Pulse Laser II
[Empty High slot]

Xorce
Old Core X
#797 - 2015-10-08 21:57:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Xorce
Xorce wrote:
Ploing wrote:
for the jag teamburner i tend to use an azeotropic small shieldextender instead tp. basically it gives u enough buffer to stay in shields. the azeotropic did not rise your signature and the killspeed is still good enough.

also give a short list of used ships for frig burner missions to give any ideas.

gurista burner. enyo, shield tanked, speed fitted and 375 dps cold up to 445 dps if i use 2 dmg mods. think i am the only one use a shield enyo.

sansha burner. wolf, armor tanked , ac and missile with tracking comps and both scripts in the mids. 290 dps cold

blood burner. jaguar passive shield tank, ac with 207 dps cold Sad still my worst ship.

serpentis burner. hawk shield tanked, rockets, faction dual web, ac with barrage 286 dps cold.

angel burner. succubus shield tanked, web, 3 dmg mods, ab with more speed than 740 with web on it, pulse laser conflag. 290 dps cold into res hole.

all teamburners. polarized rocket garmur

@Ploing

Curious about your Succubus fitting, could you elaborate? I started fitting a Succubus against it but it hit me the cap will be drained pretty fast and you had no cap booster? Could you show me your fitting? ive done as far as below havent yet put any rigs on either. You used EM, EXP rigs ? Do i need the Fed Web or a Dread is sufficint ?

What tactics you use when engaging

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Dread Guristas EM Ward Field
Small Shield Booster II

[Empty High slot]

@ploing

I found a post where you was showing the Succubus fit so now i fitted as per below.. but im still hesitating going in :) do you think this will make it?

Res EM 55 / 82 EXP
DPS 283

All modules active cap lasts 1:12min .. shield booster draining :)

I go in OH guns i assume !

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Pithum C-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier

[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#798 - 2015-10-08 22:38:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
@xorce

this will work.

perhaps you can squezze in a nos for one heat sink to give more safety for the first time.
after landing just fly in any direction you like, target and apply web and nos. after a few seconds he follows you like a dog.

should be done in just under a minute with 283 dps. Oh is not needed at all.
Garrett Osinov
Doomheim
#799 - 2015-10-08 23:15:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Garrett Osinov
Guys, need a little advice about a fit for Serpentis base burner. I used to do it in a Deimos with a rather expensive fit posted in this forum. Unfortunately this isn't an option anymore, because a) I can't use Deimos character anymore and b) I don't want to use an expensive fit.

So I have a char who is skilled in Caldari with good gunnery skills and t2 blasters or Hams. I was thinking to try this burner with Beagle or Cerberus with Hams.

[Eagle, beagle serpentis base burner]

Internal Force Field Array I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 200
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 100
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Dread Guristas Thermic Dissipation Field

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator I

This fit cost around 226 mils (stated in EFT) wich is very important, because I am doing those missions in rather hostile area. 2 shield boosters are used not constantly. When large booster is recharging, I can use a medium booster and tank 830 DPS.

What do you think about it ? Also I can use Cerberus. I was thinking about this fit

[Cerberus, burner talos]

Ballistic Control System II
Internal Force Field Array I

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 200
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 100
Thermic Dissipation Field II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Warrior II x3
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#800 - 2015-10-09 00:44:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
The requirements for he serpentis base is rather simple, need to go fast and tank occasional back to back 1k wrecking hits (thats with 77/81 therm/kin resists) The vagabond does this really, really good. 3km/s cold. Your beagle goes HALF that and Cerb not much better. You need to travel well over what, 450km?

The Deimos fit made up for lack of speed by blaster dps and even then I don't think it was that much faster, just under 2km/s cold.

That said because the Vaga is one of my fav ships I really haven't so much as thought of alternatives. Let us know how it goes.