These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#761 - 2015-10-03 20:36:09 UTC
I used to use th wolf but the daredevil is faster. Haven't had any problems with it myself. Burners are super fast tor un and give the most LP, worth at least 20mill at the right corp's LP stores per mission, not to mention the 5mill bounty and the 5mill reward. So around 30mill for 5-10min work.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Xorce
Old Core X
#762 - 2015-10-03 20:52:33 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Xorce wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

there is also a wolf fit floating around somewhere, but I haven't tested it. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5921675#post5921675

works very well. she fires in the reshole.

@xorce

dont ask on even burner for a fit. OP is actual and you got the needed info on ships and fit.

and burners give plenty of isk. dont only see the isk in your wallet

@Ploing

Its not like i havent looked through the forum first before asking ive tried some fits watched some vids lost some ships it did not work out for me. So i was curious about other peoples Tactics and fittings which i think is one of the fun parts in forum.
I completed some Anomics missions and some are harder than others like this one (at least until you get the hang of the specific mission type).

jackudza - Did some excellent vids of some engagements :) Nice
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4957914#post4957914

About the isk - I really cant say Burner missions gives plenty of isk .. i mean the bounty of 5 mil thats it.. i still havent had any good drops.. ok its fast missions but the risks included is far from the profit made according to my opinion. Yes yes i could skip the Anomic missions .. but hey its challenging and learning and you never know i might just get that nice faction drop..

@Chainsaw Plankton
Thanks for some good pointers, im gonna look into that :) Overheating specially here seems to be very important

hey xorce, was no offence Big smile was only that u asked couple times with mission description. picking up a ship with fit and then ask is even better. Smile

you not only got 5 mill bounty. there is also the reward from agent and the Lp. with the right item you choose from lp store you make a descent amount.

and yes its more challeging than other mission. one failure can happen a loss. keep goin on.

Ok then so the ship fitting i used last time and most promising was the one below Blink

Its a really stable build but time dependent cause of Cap Booster (11pcs cap 400) i think but i just couldnt get close to the Succubus.. I did not though try overheating the stasis (Training Thermodynamic skills now after Planktons post).. i wonder if that might be enough to get closer ... at one point i had the burner on Stasis but still could not get closer, he kept his distance at 13-14km even though i was on approach..

That was when i was thinking i might need a longer range fit instead and started looking at my Enyo but the dps on a long range Enyo feelt to low because i needed tank in lows and removed magstabs to also maintaning a tank.

So been looking at Hawk, Harpy aswell .. here i would like to have some input if someone did this mission in those ships because i was playing around a bit ... but wasnt happy with the outcome

To bad i cant use Minmatar frigates also i dont have any weapon skills for projective turrets,.. not really played that race over the years.. so wolf etc is out for me as it looks like atm. I can use all pirate faction ships though.. ive been mostly focusing on Caldari and Gallente ships/weapons over the years and most skills there are maxed out.

@Ploing
Hope this info is better staked for some help ShockedBig smile

[Daredevil, Daredevil III - Sancha Burner]
Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Armor EM Hardener
Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Void S x3200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11
Xorce
Old Core X
#763 - 2015-10-03 20:55:25 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
I used to use th wolf but the daredevil is faster. Haven't had any problems with it myself. Burners are super fast tor un and give the most LP, worth at least 20mill at the right corp's LP stores per mission, not to mention the 5mill bounty and the 5mill reward. So around 30mill for 5-10min work.

True i totally forgot the LP rewards etc !! What?
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#764 - 2015-10-03 21:20:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Xorce wrote:

@Ploing
Hope this info is better staked for some help ShockedBig smile

[Daredevil, Daredevil III - Sancha Burner]
Damage Control II

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Void S x3200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11

overall it looked good. perhaps an th hardener forem. overheating like suggested is recommand. but think 2 em hardeners are right

with daredevil all about is with micromanegment. if you fail you loose
Xorce
Old Core X
#765 - 2015-10-03 22:54:23 UTC
Think i have a plan ready for that Sancha Burner .. ill just gonna wait for thermodynamics at least at lv3 to be done Roll

Below fit i think will be enough, good dps and also i think tank will hold.. so tactic to overload stasis+ab engage and put that burner to rest Twisted

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh6xladfbj46c23/DD%20SB.png?dl=0

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#766 - 2015-10-04 00:25:14 UTC
Lacking good rocket skills I have ended up running with this Chainsaw Plankton fit for all the team burners swapping out the ECM for the right type for the mission.

Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

[Garmur, TeamBurner ECM cheap]
Co-Processor II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Afterburner II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM

Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Small Ionic Field Projector I

The only change I have made is using precision rather than CN for the burner itself (more damage and cheaper) though it does not make a huge difference.

One thing I am noticing is the Logi tend to "runaway" from your ECM often as far as 60km or more however this is not a big issue as if they kite out that far you generally can ignore them and have time to take the Burner down before they can get back and rep him.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#767 - 2015-10-04 00:28:28 UTC
Overheating the paint will also increase damage in some cases.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Xorce
Old Core X
#768 - 2015-10-04 00:51:26 UTC
I couldnt sleep until i took down that Sancha Burner Succubus Shocked

Objective
Destroy the Sansha's Nation Burner

So said and done ...i ended up doing it in a Cruor and it was soooo easy Big smile + the ship looks really cool

The NOSes wasnt used .. just had to fill up the space with something also didnt know if i was gonna get in that close or not .. the burnor keept his distance at around 13-14km all the time and the range of my webs was 16km (fleeting with Cruor bonus +20% range) i didnt use any overload.. Range my guns was Optimal 14km / Falloff 17km just perfect !

Also this would probably be doable without the faction stuff.

Just remembered i forgot to use the drone What?

Link to fitting/stats/ pop!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpmngoja0lulzvy/Cruor.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnx7ptjhbj3jkbn/cruor%20last%20breath.png?dl=0

[Cruor, Cruor - Sancha Burnor]
True Sansha Armor Thermic Hardener
True Sansha Armor EM Hardener
True Sansha Armor EM Hardener

Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

Small Focused Pulse Laser II
Small Nosferatu II
Small Nosferatu II
Small Focused Pulse Laser II

Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I

Navy Cap Booster 200 x22
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#769 - 2015-10-04 01:15:07 UTC
I usually just fly out in a straight line and wait for one logi to get jammed and then start shooting. I'll have to try precision sometime. I don't think I've seen a difference with heating a painter. But I only really use the garmur vs the enyo now, but that is a slow one, I think I've gotten it done a few times without even activating my prop mod.

I've played with the polarized rocket garmur and with the cheap fit I just don't know that it is worth it. the dps seems nice, but I keep floating out of range, and that is a big dps loss. Keep range 20km on the burner might be a better way to do it. Although I just noticed there was a compact version of the MGC so maybe I'll try with some of those.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#770 - 2015-10-04 02:15:19 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
I usually just fly out in a straight line and wait for one logi to get jammed and then start shooting. I'll have to try precision sometime. I don't think I've seen a difference with heating a painter. But I only really use the garmur vs the enyo now, but that is a slow one, I think I've gotten it done a few times without even activating my prop mod.

I've played with the polarized rocket garmur and with the cheap fit I just don't know that it is worth it. the dps seems nice, but I keep floating out of range, and that is a big dps loss. Keep range 20km on the burner might be a better way to do it. Although I just noticed there was a compact version of the MGC so maybe I'll try with some of those.

I use the polarised (faction ammo) Garmur mostly because it's a one size fits all solution for all the team burners. Don't even have to swap out modules. I run a republic fleet paint and on some burners OH it increases damage. I do not have all the range skills to 5 yet so I have a 5% range implant plugged in. I get around 28km range (I use two range scripted MGCs) and that's usually enough even for the Jag orbiting it at 25km. I usually only get out of range of the logi at the start but say 10-15sec after I start my orbit they're in range and stay in range.

An alternative is to replace the two T2 ballistics with Cal Navy ones and then replace the CPU with a T2 MGE. This both decreases rocket sig further and increases range slightly.

It's really great just accepting mission, hopping into ship and undocking and only worrying about what team burner it is and stuff while I'm in warp. Cuts down on hanger clutter and makes it a bit easier to move operation if ever needs to.

Arec Bardwin
#771 - 2015-10-04 13:27:34 UTC
I havent gotten the new Guristas base mission yet. Is it live on tranquility?

Does medium ships only mean we can bring BCs (and command ships)?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#772 - 2015-10-04 14:12:26 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
I havent gotten the new Guristas base mission yet. Is it live on tranquility?

Does medium ships only mean we can bring BCs (and command ships)?

It is live, I have seen it offered a few times. You can only bring up to T2 cruisers including Faction and Pirate. No BCs or Strategic Cruisers.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#773 - 2015-10-04 18:16:55 UTC
t1 BCs are allowed, command ships are not.

I saw the gurista base a few times the other day, declined it because the rewards were still at/near base level. Also I haven't yet picked up the mods to run it. Plus it is kinda low paying and takes a while to run, so I might just keep declining it.

Arec Bardwin
#774 - 2015-10-04 21:13:22 UTC
Thanks. I haven't picket up any gear to start running it either. Might be interesting to do a BC fit for a change.
Xorce
Old Core X
#775 - 2015-10-04 22:10:06 UTC
[quote=Jori McKie]Pirate Burner setups
- All fittings work with Meta4/T2 mods but sometimes fitting mods/rigs for CPU/grid are needed, so i optimized them for soloing the Burner with some faction/deadspace stuff (No booster was used).
- All stats are with an EFT All V char
- Time to kill is with overheated guns from activating acceleration gate until the Burner is killed.
- All fittings are adjusted for more tank to get a better margin of error for bad pilots ;).
- Unified Daredevil can be used vs 4 different Burner including 2 of the Team Burner. See Team Burner
Notes:
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer = Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer, same stats
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer, sligthly less rep but also less cap needed
All armor faction Hardeners have the same stats
Shadow Serpentis = True Sansha = Dark Blood XXX Hardener

Burner Dramiel
Time to kill: 45sec
DPS 393 Void+hot ~2:30min
NEW Unified Daredevil
Quote:
[Daredevil, Burner Dramiel]
Shadow Serpentis Armor Explosive Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Core B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Hey,
Got my first Angel Burner and tried the above fitting against the Dramiel. And it did not work out for me i didnt manage to maintain the tank so was wondering if the fitting was outdated since i saw the timestamp? Or it should be working or there is some other tactics involved. (The fitting i used below.)

[Daredevil, Daredevil - Angel Burner]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
True Sansha Armor Explosive Hardener
Shadow Serpentis Armor Explosive Hardener

Light Neutron Blaster II
[Empty High slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Void S x3200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#776 - 2015-10-04 22:11:53 UTC
Did you overheat the hardeners and the guns?

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#777 - 2015-10-04 22:49:47 UTC
I heat the guns and keep range at 1,000m. Minimize tracking problems, and max dps. often I kill it before I need to cap inject.

Xorce
Old Core X
#778 - 2015-10-05 10:20:45 UTC
Will try the OH . you only overheat guns not rep or other items?

Will have to read up on the overheating im new to that since been of game few years :)
Will see if i find any good guides i understand the guns might shut of while overheating and there is something about that nanite repair pasta :)

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#779 - 2015-10-05 10:31:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Xorce wrote:

Will have to read up on the overheating im new to that since been of game few years :)
Will see if i find any good guides i understand the guns might shut of while overheating and there is something about that nanite repair pasta :)

Quick run down on OH. For most of the burners you overheat various modules, like the web for the succubus because of the range or the hardeners on most to increase the amount of resistance the module gives. As a module is overheated that rack (hi/mid/low) heats up. Any module that is OH starts taking damage each cycle it completes. Some of this damage bleeds into modules fitted next to them (they kind of act as heat/damage sinks) this means that that one module can be OH longer than normal. The more modules you OH in the same rack the faster they burn out. When a module reaches 100% damage they are 'burnt out' and can no longer be used until you dock and repair them. You can't repair burnt out modules with repair paste. Do NOT burn out your modules, ever.

OH is important to both speed up the time it takes to kill a burner or just plain survive burners until they're dead or burn through their reps/logi. That's kind of why they're called burners, usually you need to burn (OH) your modules and the rats' stats are as if they are OH their modules. Get Thermodynamics to 4 and start getting familiar with OH. MIght be worth it to play around with it in easy missions so you can see how it works.

Xorce
Old Core X
#780 - 2015-10-05 13:31:52 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Xorce wrote:

Quick run down on OH. For most of the burners you overheat various modules, like the web for the succubus because of the range or the hardeners on most to increase the amount of resistance the module gives. As a module is overheated that rack (hi/mid/low) heats up. Any module that is OH starts taking damage each cycle it completes. Some of this damage bleeds into modules fitted next to them (they kind of act as heat/damage sinks) this means that that one module can be OH longer than normal. The more modules you OH in the same rack the faster they burn out. When a module reaches 100% damage they are 'burnt out' and can no longer be used until you dock and repair them. You can't repair burnt out modules with repair paste. Do NOT burn out your modules, ever.

OH is important to both speed up the time it takes to kill a burner or just plain survive burners until they're dead or burn through their reps/logi. That's kind of why they're called burners, usually you need to burn (OH) your modules and the rats' stats are as if they are OH their modules. Get Thermodynamics to 4 and start getting familiar with OH. MIght be worth it to play around with it in easy missions so you can see how it works.

I will take you up on that .. trying some easier missions to get the hang of OH .. The repair nanite you need a module to fit that in take takes up a slot or you can just put the nanite in cargo right click item and repair ?

Thanks