These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Small, but irritating

Author
Woozlez
Hundred Acre Mine Co.
#1 - 2015-09-28 17:14:55 UTC
So, I loaded some structures into my impel's fleet hold to deploy them, flew out to where I wanted to deposit them, launched them, and then realized that I needed anchoring III, not anchoring II, and then went to "scoop to cargohold", and I couldn't scoop it. Not enough space. *facepalm*

Not sure if you want to make this a menu for ships that have multiple available holds or what, but a "scoop to fleet hold" would be really nice.
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2015-09-29 04:00:50 UTC
It's called double checking everything before you head out.
Woozlez
Hundred Acre Mine Co.
#3 - 2015-09-29 12:14:13 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:

http://www.wagehourinsights.com/Captain%20Obvious%20HotelsCom.jpg
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#4 - 2015-09-29 13:15:31 UTC
Never had this problem, but I see no reasons to say no. +1

Ignore that other guy, this is precisely the type of idea that always gets some form of no because lazy, or no because did not read type of answer from him.
Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#5 - 2015-09-29 13:57:38 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:

Yes OP was at fault for not being able to anchor his stuff,

but his point stands that he should have been able to scoop it all back up in his ship that has enough cargo space in one of it's hangars.

"Scoop to Fleet Hangar" +1
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#6 - 2015-09-29 14:03:09 UTC
Is the stuff still floating in space? Give me the system and location - I'm willing to help you out.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-09-29 14:05:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Frostys Virpio
Leto Aramaus wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:

Yes OP was at fault for not being able to anchor his stuff,

but his point stands that he should have been able to scoop it all back up in his ship that has enough cargo space in one of it's hangars.

"Scoop to Fleet Hangar" +1

This.

The anchoring skill was indeed a mistake but having to search the forum to know that your hangar does not count as cargo space for scooping is kinda stupid because I don't even think it's documented elsewhere except by people who got bitten by the issue once they had stuff in space.

Serendipity Lost wrote:
Is the stuff still floating in space? Give me the system and location - I'm willing to help you out.

Corp name is fitting.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-09-29 14:11:48 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5633652#post5633652

Its something they know about, likely forgot but have already been told we want it (multiple times, just to lazy to find all)
motie one
Secret Passage
#9 - 2015-10-02 22:05:47 UTC
Woozlez wrote:
So, I loaded some structures into my impel's fleet hold to deploy them, flew out to where I wanted to deposit them, launched them, and then realized that I needed anchoring III, not anchoring II, and then went to "scoop to cargohold", and I couldn't scoop it. Not enough space. *facepalm*

Not sure if you want to make this a menu for ships that have multiple available holds or what, but a "scoop to fleet hold" would be really nice.

+1 sounds like it being missing is an oversight. It should be corrected.