These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#741 - 2015-10-01 18:44:09 UTC
Question: how do people measure 'time to kill' on these missions? I time them from landing on the acceleration gate and hitting warp to when I enter warp out of the site.

Also at this rate I'll just spend the 2mill sp form the mass test to max out this fit and get a proper time. bet it'll be around the 5min mark.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#742 - 2015-10-01 18:46:32 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
you are arguing over 2ish minutes against a person with support skills at 3 or 4 (they listed them).

I would prefer my ship to die than have to slowboat off field.

those 2 mins are important!

Each minute is worth 3,(3)m. So he wastes 6,(6)m. Thats assuming 200m/hr

Just tought I put this argument into perspective Big smile

Exactly, and currently with unpredictable drone aggro I could be spending WAY over 2min extra in site when the ai feels particularly ornery with the Gila.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Xorce
Old Core X
#743 - 2015-10-01 19:27:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Xorce
Garrett Osinov wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Garrett Osinov wrote:
Tried Guristas Burner (worm) for the first time. Didn't end up well. I caught him very quickly, but then all his missiles hit me and I had 20% (or something like that armor left), then another valley and I am dead.

My fit was

[Daredevil, Burner Worm]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener

Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

I guess my mistake was that I didnt overheat the hardeners....and I should of active armor rep, before missiles hit me.

Question, did you OH your MWD? I did that the first time. Basically what happened was I was going so fast that none of the missile volleys could hit me until I stopped.

Then all of them hit me at once and I dieded.

Also yes, OH both armor hardners and activate them and rep as soon as you land. Don't OH the MWD. stop OH the sansha hardner after you get hit the first time so you don't burn out anything important. This is definately one of the most skill dependant ones, as in the timing in when you deactivate the MWD and activate the scram so you match his speed and not over shoot but don't end up 8km from him having to 'slowboat' over to him.

I still find the Daredevil, using a hawk, the hardest (the cruor is the most annoying) but that;s mostly because I don't have all V skills (AF, rocket spec, warhead, rapid launch). I usually manage the Daredevil in EXACTLY 50 volleys heh.

I did overheat the MWD....and all his missiles came at the same time. I guess it was bad timing and I didn't overheat hardeners.

I do those missions in Dramiel + Worm. I changed the fit of the Daredavil to this, overheated the hardeners for the first volley of Worms missiles. Then switched the overheat off. Combined damage of Worm + Daredevil is 450 or so.

Speed of Daredevil without rigs + overheat is more then enough to catch the Worm.

[Daredevil, Burner Worm no rigs]

Armor Kinetic Hardener II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Light Electron Blaster II
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]

Got that Gurista Burner !

Thanks i went from your spec above and ended up with below.. almost a little bit to expensive for my taste but seemed nescessary.

Jumped gate and mwd towards the burner now i tried not an direct approach but still first run that bastard wrecked me for almost 800 dmg and digged into my hull on second volley so had to bail :)
I repaired and was hoping that was just an lucky shoot and it was my tank held and well simply just apporached him my speed was slightly higher then his so gained him and used warp scrambler to put his mwd out of business. After that i simply kept my range at around 1000m and killed him just watching my booster and cap.

Think i could have improved the build switching out some stuff i could have afforded a small NOS aswell also i could have had more tank instead of magstab but i was fine. Anc current rigs was needed to fit a neutron blasters but could have used a electron blaster and swapped some rigs perhaps?

[Daredevil, Die Burner Die]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x3200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#744 - 2015-10-01 20:01:15 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
you are arguing over 2ish minutes against a person with support skills at 3 or 4 (they listed them).

I would prefer my ship to die than have to slowboat off field.

those 2 mins are important!

Each minute is worth 3,(3)m. So he wastes 6,(6)m. Thats assuming 200m/hr

Just tought I put this argument into perspective Big smile

And if he got that Burner Mission 4 times in that hour he is now down 12% income in a ship more prone to death that cost more to fit and use...

Like I said before. Use whatever you want to use, have fun in whatever you decide. But don't give pretend for a second you came up with some miracle fit here or anything. Gila is king of the Ashimmu burner.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#745 - 2015-10-01 20:10:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Haha, it's like talking to a wall Lol

Quote:
And if he got that Burner Mission 4 times in that hour he is now down 12% income in a ship more prone to death that cost more to fit and use...

I actually had that happen to me once. the first one went great, 5min. The one after that took me 10min, then it was 8min and I think irrc the one after that was closer to 6min again. Random ass frustrating BS.

And no, there's nothing you can do to guarantee the rats behavior, I've tried doing the exact same thing and get a different result every single time. yes yes *insert your personal insults on my drone competency here* but that's a whole lot of BS too. I'm not the only one experiencing this and there are far more experienced people that have the same issue. Of course you don't hate their guts, only mine for some reason so whatever Lol

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#746 - 2015-10-01 20:45:43 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:

Quote:

I actually had that happen to me once. the first one went great, 5min. The one after that took me 10min, then it was 8min and I think irrc the one after that was closer to 6min again. Random ass frustrating BS.

And no, there's nothing you can do to guarantee the rats behavior, I've tried doing the exact same thing and get a different result every single time. yes yes *insert your personal insults on my drone competency here* but that's a whole lot of BS too. I'm not the only one experiencing this and there are far more experienced people that have the same issue. Of course you don't hate their guts, only mine for some reason so whatever Lol

I don't hate your guts. I want you to have fun. But you are the isk per hour guy... and you are advocating a poorer fit for the job in a thread about advice. I just think you are spitting in the face of the hard work Jori and Chainsaw and others have done, and you have to sway me with some real numbers.

I challenge you to fraps or record your burner missions in this fit... I doubt your effectiveness.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#747 - 2015-10-01 20:58:45 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:

your fit works. If one needs to take more time than they have charges then they are doing something wrong.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#748 - 2015-10-01 21:20:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Quote:

I don't hate your guts. I want you to have fun. But you are the isk per hour guy... and you are advocating a poorer fit for the job in a thread about advice. I just think you are spitting in the face of the hard work Jori and Chainsaw and others have done, and you have to sway me with some real numbers.

I challenge you to fraps or record your burner missions in this fit... I doubt your effectiveness.

I have entertained the idea of recording stuff plenty of times. Unfortunately the realities of where I live and the internet and bandwidth I have available to me make that an iffy prospect at best. But hay, it's only 6minutes right? I'll look into it.

And as I've demonstrated plenty of times, I have the utmost respect for those that developed these builds, heck I use most of them as is or only slightly modified. I reference back to them plenty of times and give credit where credit is due. Doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement as certain aspects change, from drone aggro to cost of modules/ships changing. This particular build for example is a natural evolution of the Cerberus fit I linked to specifically. The hull does not cost more than a gila hull and the cheap fit at all V (no implants) does more sustained dps than what I get with my skills from my pimped fit. The fit I get 6min including loot. That's 1 minute more than the gila fit. Difference here is that it's 6min every single time, no random BS and *NO* chance of death even if you're slow on the rep, again as I said and you ignored with a 'cool story'.

I post the fits so people with more advanced character skills can try it out and suggest improvements or point out actual flaws, exactly because I respect their opinions. You just insult my drone handling skills.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#749 - 2015-10-02 00:56:45 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Question: how do people measure 'time to kill' on these missions? I time them from landing on the acceleration gate and hitting warp to when I enter warp out of the site.

Also at this rate I'll just spend the 2mill sp form the mass test to max out this fit and get a proper time. bet it'll be around the 5min mark.

I usually just go by the game logs, I cba to use a timer or anything like that. If I'm feeling fancy I'll type an x in chat when I do something and another when I finish, with time stamps on you can see the time pretty easily. Although that method gets kinda messy the more things you do. Also I usually check at the end of every mission as it will say expires at xx:12, and the game clock is at xx:17 it took ~5mins. for more detail can check the standings log, assuming you are chain running missions and not taking breaks.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#750 - 2015-10-02 04:00:45 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Quote:

I have entertained the idea of recording stuff plenty of times. Unfortunately the realities of where I live and the internet and bandwidth I have available to me make that an iffy prospect at best. But hay, it's only 6minutes right? I'll look into it.

And as I've demonstrated plenty of times, I have the utmost respect for those that developed these builds, heck I use most of them as is or only slightly modified. I reference back to them plenty of times and give credit where credit is due. Doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement as certain aspects change, from drone aggro to cost of modules/ships changing. This particular build for example is a natural evolution of the Cerberus fit I linked to specifically. The hull does not cost more than a gila hull and the cheap fit at all V (no implants) does more sustained dps than what I get with my skills from my pimped fit. The fit I get 6min including loot. That's 1 minute more than the gila fit. Difference here is that it's 6min every single time, no random BS and *NO* chance of death even if you're slow on the rep, again as I said and you ignored with a 'cool story'.

I post the fits so people with more advanced character skills can try it out and suggest improvements or point out actual flaws, exactly because I respect their opinions. You just insult my drone handling skills.

I said "cool story" because that was going to end up a giant wall of quoted text... sorry I hurt your feelings.

And 6 minutes isn't 1 minute more than the Gila, it is 3 minutes more than the Gila average.

You are never going to improve your time with RLML because of your reload time, it forces you to take longer on the mission. Your Cerb fit was no good because of damage type lock, your turret fits are no good because of TDs. You aren't getting more sustained dps than a Gila because you aren't including reloads and missile damage mitigation into your figures. You might not like that I got sassy with you, but you cannot persuade me that anything other than a Gila is good for the Ashimmu as people have tested this over and over again. 3+min

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#751 - 2015-10-02 07:02:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara

I said "cool story" because that was going to end up a giant wall of quoted text... sorry I hurt your feelings.

And 6 minutes isn't 1 minute more than the Gila, it is 3 minutes more than the Gila average.

You are never going to improve your time with RLML because of your reload time, it forces you to take longer on the mission. Your Cerb fit was no good because of damage type lock, your turret fits are no good because of TDs. You aren't getting more sustained dps than a Gila because you aren't including reloads and missile damage mitigation into your figures. You might not like that I got sassy with you, but you cannot persuade me that anything other than a Gila is good for the Ashimmu as people have tested this over and over again. 3+min

The cerberus fit isn't mine, it's Jori McKie's and that video, while nice, is no longer what is happening in the actual mission. No webs/scrams are being switched to the drones (meaning they cant move and get killed) and the ashimu doesn't immediately lock ad nuke them as soon as you launch drones. Drone Damage Amps were NERFED since the video fyi so the video is pretty much invalid regardless

When last did you actually run the Ashimu burner? Throwing around out dated videos isn't exactly bowling me over here.

I'll try and organise some footage soon(tm)

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#752 - 2015-10-02 13:16:50 UTC
Experimenting with a light missile gamur on Duality with team burners reveals T2 precision give about 25% better damage than CN lights thoug the 30km range can be an issue with the logis as they seem to fly away. Precision are definitely a better option on the burner itself.

Main problem was team missions seem very scarce, i got two in something like 50 mission offerings.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#753 - 2015-10-02 15:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Heh

Time to kill on the bling Orthrus (cost is around 120 mill cheaper than the bling 3min Gila) is 3min 40seconds. Neither the 3min Gila nor the Orthrus 'spent time' picking up the 7mill guaranteed loot.

That said the tank wasn't as strong as I remember from last time I ran it. However that's most likely because I lacked Caldari navy shield extenders and had to make do with meta 4 ones and used a gist instead of pith ward.

I did record it and will upload at some point. I'd like to run a few more on sisi though to iron out any tank issues.

Fit for reference:

Quote:
[Orthrus, Ashimu Burner pimped]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender (Replace with Caldari Navy)
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender (Replace with Caldari Navy)
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
Gistum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Gistum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier (Replace with Pithum C-type)

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hornet II x5

Going through the logs it looks like the ashimu for some reason was just absolutely mauling me with penetrating and smashing hits. I have absolutely no idea why though. Not only is the Orthrus faster than the Gila, but it has a much smaller sig (by 50). A larger shield pool will help against this.

Oh, I only reloaded the ASB once and used all of 12 cap charges. Additionally I only lost 2 hornets.

Here's the cheap one, bonus for having a tractor beam on it:

Quote:
[Orthrus, Ashimu Burner cheap]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier

Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hornet II x5

https://youtu.be/FEWJwv6CO88

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#754 - 2015-10-02 16:38:57 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Experimenting with a light missile gamur on Duality with team burners reveals T2 precision give about 25% better damage than CN lights thoug the 30km range can be an issue with the logis as they seem to fly away. Precision are definitely a better option on the burner itself.

Main problem was team missions seem very scarce, i got two in something like 50 mission offerings.

Random being random unfortunately. I've had 4 team burners in a row and as many as 5 in an hour (Like yesterday).

Xorce
Old Core X
#755 - 2015-10-03 14:40:38 UTC
Hey,
Anyone have a good seyup against Sancha Burner....

Objective
Destroy the Sansha's Nation Burner

Ive tried the daredevil fits in the forum even pimped with the 14km web... and fail also tried ecm+range since he is uncatchable.. They really should pimp up the rewards for burner missions i mean ive lost alot of isk today trying to make this mission :(
also tried some T1 fits .. i dunno why i keep on doing these burner missions low profit large risk isk haha

Anyway how did you guys make the mission and in what ship / strategy ?

Thanks... think ill go cut the lawn now,,,,,,
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#756 - 2015-10-03 17:12:06 UTC
with the daredevil sometimes you have to heat the web. max orbit is ~16km so the 18km on the heated fed navy web is sufficient.

I land on the acceleration gate activate it and then heat my EM hardener and my afterburner.

when I'm still in warp and see the burner pop up on the overview I'll activate the hardener and start spamming lock and as soon as that starts I'll approach and turn on the afterburner. when I get inside 4km I heat my guns and start shooting. from there the mission just involves hitting the afterburner when the burner gets to ~1.4km so you stay in optimal with guns, and hitting the cap booster when the cap gets low.

there is also a wolf fit floating around somewhere, but I haven't tested it. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5921675#post5921675

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#757 - 2015-10-03 18:47:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

there is also a wolf fit floating around somewhere, but I haven't tested it. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5921675#post5921675

works very well. she fires in the reshole.

@xorce

dont ask on even burner for a fit. OP is actual and you got the needed info on ships and fit.

and burners give plenty of isk. dont only see the isk in your wallet
Xorce
Old Core X
#758 - 2015-10-03 20:10:13 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

@xorce

dont ask on even burner for a fit. OP is actual and you got the needed info on ships and fit.

@Ploing

Its not like i havent looked through the forum first before asking ive tried some fits watched some vids lost some ships it did not work out for me. So i was curious about other peoples Tactics and fittings which i think is one of the fun parts in forum.
I completed some Anomics missions and some are harder than others like this one (at least until you get the hang of the specific mission type).

jackudza - Did some excellent vids of some engagements :) Nice
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4957914#post4957914

About the isk - I really cant say Burner missions gives plenty of isk .. i mean the bounty of 5 mil thats it.. i still havent had any good drops.. ok its fast missions but the risks included is far from the profit made according to my opinion. Yes yes i could skip the Anomic missions .. but hey its challenging and learning and you never know i might just get that nice faction drop..

@Chainsaw Plankton
Thanks for some good pointers, im gonna look into that :) Overheating specially here seems to be very important
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#759 - 2015-10-03 20:27:33 UTC
Xorce wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

@xorce

@Ploing

Its not like i havent looked through the forum first before asking ive tried some fits watched some vids lost some ships it did not work out for me. So i was curious about other peoples Tactics and fittings which i think is one of the fun parts in forum.
I completed some Anomics missions and some are harder than others like this one (at least until you get the hang of the specific mission type).

About the isk - I really cant say Burner missions gives plenty of isk .. i mean the bounty of 5 mil thats it.. i still havent had any good drops.. ok its fast missions but the risks included is far from the profit made according to my opinion. Yes yes i could skip the Anomic missions .. but hey its challenging and learning and you never know i might just get that nice faction drop..

@Chainsaw Plankton
Thanks for some good pointers, im gonna look into that :) Overheating specially here seems to be very important

hey xorce, was no offence Big smile was only that u asked couple times with mission description. picking up a ship with fit and then ask is even better. Smile

you not only got 5 mill bounty. there is also the reward from agent and the Lp. with the right item you choose from lp store you make a descent amount.

and yes its more challeging than other mission. one failure can happen a loss. keep goin on.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#760 - 2015-10-03 20:28:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Ploing wrote:
Xorce wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

@xorce

@Ploing

@Chainsaw Plankton

hey xorce, was no offence Big smile was only that u asked couple times with mission description. picking up a ship with fit and then ask is even better. Smile

you not only got 5 mill bounty. there is also the reward from agent and the Lp. with the right item you choose from lp store you make a descent amount.

and yes its more challenging than other mission. one failure can happen a loss. keep goin on.