These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Auto-Bookmark Forgotten Drones

Author
Styx Saken
Styx Saken Corporation
#1 - 2015-10-01 12:40:19 UTC
People sometimes forget their drones in space. I know it has happened to me.

This is at least a minor annoyance when it happens. At the same time, it doesn't create much content: very few people seem to enjoy searching for other players' forgotten drones.

My suggestion: when someone warps while they have drones in space, auto-create a bookmark of his or her location. Moreover, display a dialog or notification to alert the player.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#2 - 2015-10-01 13:13:30 UTC
-1 while there may not be many that search for lost drones there are a lot of us that make ISK by selling replacements to those who forget drones.

-1 because lazy, there are tools in the game right now that can solve this problem for you use them. If you cannot remember to use them then see above.

Considering that lost / left behind drones clutter the server and can cause issues that way I say they should self destruct 1 minute after they disconnect from the ship that launched them.
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-10-01 13:24:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
No, because it's still a valid source of free drones and easy isk.

No, because where do you think all those rogue drones came from?

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Goti fase
Faulcon de Lazy
#4 - 2015-10-01 13:56:32 UTC
It can be surprisingly lucrative to go scanning down lost drones. Found several faction heavies the other day. Still hoping I will strike lucky and get a Gecko sometime soon :)

So booo! No to your idea
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#5 - 2015-10-01 14:00:53 UTC
Your proposal would be stealing the bread from the mouths of the children of drone manufacturers across New Eden.

Could you really live with that?

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#6 - 2015-10-01 14:06:00 UTC
It is really quite easy to scan down your drones.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2015-10-01 14:10:18 UTC
It's your own fault that you forget to pull in your drones, therefore no.
Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#8 - 2015-10-01 14:43:24 UTC
Wait, so people don't make temporary BMs for every site they are running, just in case?

Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#9 - 2015-10-01 15:24:15 UTC
NOPE.

I just lost some Geckos VERY stupidly by warping off literally seconds before they were in my bay (thought they'd make it).

I'm sure your Ogre IIs or whatever you're sad about losing can be easily replaced.

Styx Saken
Styx Saken Corporation
#10 - 2015-10-01 15:56:00 UTC
Leto Aramaus wrote:
NOPE.

I just lost some Geckos VERY stupidly by warping off literally seconds before they were in my bay (thought they'd make it).

I'm sure your Ogre IIs or whatever you're sad about losing can be easily replaced.

So you forgot more expensive drones than me, and you're not sad about it. Great.

Would you care to explain just what part of leaving your Geckos behind you actually found enjoyable?
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-10-01 15:57:17 UTC
At least your drones return to your bay when you DC these days... That was always fun :/

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Helia Tranquilis
Confused Bunnies Inc
#12 - 2015-10-01 17:44:09 UTC
Do you have any idea how much isk can be made from scanning down imbecills who forgot their geckos? Stop trying to make eve easier and htfu.
Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#13 - 2015-10-01 18:16:11 UTC
Styx Saken wrote:
Leto Aramaus wrote:
NOPE.

So you forgot more expensive drones than me, and you're not sad about it. Great.

Would you care to explain just what part of leaving your Geckos behind you actually found enjoyable?

I did not find any part enjoyable.

I am indeed sad about it.

I still do not support nor want the game to automatically make a bookmark for me when I make a mistake like this.

If drones could not be probed down, I would say you have fair complaint and maybe CCP should give us a way to find lost drones.

But we DO have a way to find lost drones, so -1 to EZ-automatic "oops forgot my drones" bookmarks.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-10-01 19:27:25 UTC
Howabout if the drones emitted a signal that allowed you to successfully scan them with the onboard scanner while others still needed to use probes?

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#15 - 2015-10-01 19:35:21 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Howabout if the drones emitted a signal that allowed you to successfully scan them with the onboard scanner while others still needed to use probes?

This is no different than auto-bookmarks, since the "onboard scanner" these days is basically just "jump into system and all anomalies are already warpable after being auto-scanned by your onboard scanner".

So what would happen?

You leave drones behind, open up the scanning interface, and there's the signatures for your drones, ready to warp to?

Sounds like auto-bookmarking to me.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#16 - 2015-10-01 19:40:38 UTC
Can't they just space magic their way into your drone bay when you leave grid? [sarcasm]

Scan probes went form single use and great skill required to multiple use and childs play. Now they space magic into your cargo hold if you leave system without hitting the return button. And you know what - folks are still complaining about how 'inconvenient this' and 'it's not interesting game play that' for scanning. Some folks even claim it's too difficult in its present form.

My point. Back in 08 a good scanning pilot had a lot of value to a fleet, corp or alliance - now any booger eating moron can do it.

My real point - if you ninnies keep simplifying the game it will eventually be gone. Focus and think about this. Once CCP makes everything automatic of super easy - the game is over. There is no value left in playing it so no one plays it anymore.

-1 for lazy
-1 lack of accountability for you actions (lack of actions)

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#17 - 2015-10-01 23:19:38 UTC
-1 they're actually sortof not bad income for shrewd low sp players.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#18 - 2015-10-01 23:46:07 UTC
This subforum needs a downvote button. Just this one, so we can downvote ideas like this which would set the servers on fire.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#19 - 2015-10-02 06:21:43 UTC
Oh man, too late Sad

I had that too once and I just probed them down and reconnected to them, so no!

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#20 - 2015-10-02 06:37:20 UTC
FUUUCK why do i not know the rogue drone speach off the top of my head...

Warp to Me incursions used to have a guy who did a rogue drone speech that was AMAZING, about taking your drones with you or they'd go rogue or they'd scan them down and give them to an orphenage on dodixie IV...

Was amazing...

What i'm saying is dont forget your drones, start using geckos or integrated ones and you'll rapidly stop forgetting them
12Next page