These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dev blog: Multibuy All the Things

First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-10-01 15:04:34 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
With the recent "Vanguard" release we have also introduced the new Multibuy feature. Multibuy allows you to buy several things at once (if available). The clever part is that Multibuy has been integrated into the Fitting browser and Industry UI, so that you can now easily buy whole fitting sets or materials for blueprints.

Read more about this feature and its potential in CCP karkur's latest dev blog Multibuy All the Things.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2015-10-01 15:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
Now let's all go on a shopping spree! Big smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Gisander
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#3 - 2015-10-01 15:14:30 UTC
This looks really handy. Thank you.
Gearboxx
Lacerated Sky
#4 - 2015-10-01 15:22:34 UTC
Second! Big smile
Celeste Aserad
Carbon Edge Inc
#5 - 2015-10-01 15:24:03 UTC
Much thanks to Karkur and Team Five 0 for this!
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#6 - 2015-10-01 15:30:11 UTC
Buy All from a specific fit is the best thing ever. Ever.
Black Romero
Aviation Professionals for EVE
Virtus Crusade Protectorate
#7 - 2015-10-01 16:50:19 UTC
As an avid market guy - THANK YOU.

One suggestion though, the window itself doesn't look that big....can you make it a tad bigger by adding one more bit of information to it?

Please add an average mean price over the past year for each item or a low/high price for the past year. This data is already available in the market graph section. It would just be nice to see it next to multi-buy orders as to help mitigate the possibility of scamming/convenience buying misjudgment.

Your push in this article was to let people know that with convenience there comes a price...I would just like to see that mitigated a little bit more. Seeing as window GUI real-estate isn't a problem here, and all it would take is some programming to slip those numbers in there, I don't see this as a huge request, but it would give people in new eden a much better understanding of price trends and the "REAL" price of a product.

e.g. CN Shield Extender - price was a year ago much lower, than average price now...Why? This yearly price comparison would at least notify the buyer to it. Keeping in mind that even Amarr, Dodix, and Jita can be scammed with low volume items. This is the same logic I believe drove you to move most items to the MARKET window themselves years ago instead of only allowing them on contracts. To help fight scamming and to watch the real price of an item more realistically. My two cents.

Thanks

BRome

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#8 - 2015-10-01 17:17:02 UTC

<3

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

SpaceSaft
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-10-01 19:59:36 UTC
I'm a big fan of not having to rightclick, so can you please think of some way to turn those right clicks into the proper buttons they should be?

My nitpick of the day.
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
SONS of BANE
#10 - 2015-10-01 20:50:46 UTC
These are the kind of improvements to the game I like to see. Thank you for giving us this convenience.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers
#11 - 2015-10-01 21:03:19 UTC
Can we have multibuy from clipboard please?

--

Kwa Zulu
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#12 - 2015-10-01 21:06:06 UTC
<3
Circumstantial Evidence
#13 - 2015-10-01 22:31:58 UTC
First, we were told to "Shoot all the things."
After many years, we learned we could "Sell all the things."
Finally, we can "Buy all the things!"
The circle of Things is complete!
Davinthan
The Corp With No Names
Brothers of Tangra
#14 - 2015-10-02 02:15:50 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
With the recent "Vanguard" release we have also introduced the new Multibuy feature. Multibuy allows you to buy several things at once (if available). The clever part is that Multibuy has been integrated into the Fitting browser and Industry UI, so that you can now easily buy whole fitting sets or materials for blueprints.

Read more about this feature and its potential in CCP karkur's latest dev blog Multibuy All the Things.

This a great new feature that offers us real ease in fitting ships! Well done!
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#15 - 2015-10-02 05:55:47 UTC
OMG, buy all from fitting window and industry window!!! This is not a step this is giantic leap!!! So much time saved!!!

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Kale Freeman
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-10-02 08:51:02 UTC
I would LOVE to be able to multi-buy from the clipboard

Skip the lines that start with a #
For all the remaining lines, if the line consists of a item name and a number add it to my multi-buy.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-10-02 10:01:15 UTC
Can't wait to use it (on RL travel right now), as I'm not stocking ships and fits in advance but buying everything when needed, 90% re-buy the ship/fit I just lost.

Curious how difficult it was to implement ...

I'm my own NPC alt.

Nicen Jehr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-10-02 16:38:57 UTC
Chuvi Elongur
Eastern Shore Champagne
#19 - 2015-10-02 17:34:26 UTC
Just tried the multi-buy, and it is effing awesome Big smile, such a time saver!

One request: Can you add a feature that allows you to sort the items in the multi-buy window? (at least alphabetically)
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#20 - 2015-10-02 17:39:48 UTC
so much yes! been in love with this feature since like 2 days ago on the test server

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

12Next page