These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#701 - 2015-09-28 21:59:59 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
That is not even remotely enough dps to break the logi tank. you need caldari frig 5 and damage skills at 4 at least and you'll probably need to use 3 cal navy ballistics as well.

Your skills are not there yet, not even close (I was there a month ago)

i know also but let him try the logi. Smile

nothing can happen.
Garrett Osinov
Doomheim
#702 - 2015-09-28 22:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Garrett Osinov
Anize Oramara wrote:
Garrett Osinov wrote:
Tried Guristas Burner (worm) for the first time. Didn't end up well. I caught him very quickly, but then all his missiles hit me and I had 20% (or something like that armor left), then another valley and I am dead.

My fit was

[Daredevil, Burner Worm]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener

Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

I guess my mistake was that I didnt overheat the hardeners....and I should of active armor rep, before missiles hit me.

Question, did you OH your MWD? I did that the first time. Basically what happened was I was going so fast that none of the missile volleys could hit me until I stopped.

Then all of them hit me at once and I dieded.

Also yes, OH both armor hardners and activate them and rep as soon as you land. Don't OH the MWD. stop OH the sansha hardner after you get hit the first time so you don't burn out anything important. This is definately one of the most skill dependant ones, as in the timing in when you deactivate the MWD and activate the scram so you match his speed and not over shoot but don't end up 8km from him having to 'slowboat' over to him.

I still find the Daredevil, using a hawk, the hardest (the cruor is the most annoying) but that;s mostly because I don't have all V skills (AF, rocket spec, warhead, rapid launch). I usually manage the Daredevil in EXACTLY 50 volleys heh.

I did overheat the MWD....and all his missiles came at the same time. I guess it was bad timing and I didn't overheat hardeners.

I do those missions in Dramiel + Worm. I changed the fit of the Daredavil to this, overheated the hardeners for the first volley of Worms missiles. Then switched the overheat off. Combined damage of Worm + Daredevil is 450 or so.

Speed of Daredevil without rigs + overheat is more then enough to catch the Worm.

[Daredevil, Burner Worm no rigs]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Armor Kinetic Hardener II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Light Electron Blaster II
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#703 - 2015-09-28 22:31:50 UTC
srsly no rigs? Lol
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#704 - 2015-09-28 22:35:35 UTC
Ploing wrote:
srsly no rigs? Lol

Maybe he was trying to keep the cost down Lol
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#705 - 2015-09-28 22:44:02 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Ploing wrote:
srsly no rigs? Lol

yeah.....Roll i think the worm had also non.

rly tech I is cheap as chips.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#706 - 2015-09-28 23:37:38 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Ploing wrote:
srsly no rigs? Lol

yeah.....Roll i think the worm had also non.

rly tech I is cheap as chips.

Maybe the really useful rigs knocked his CPU or power about too much? Still its not hard to find a cheap rig that is useful and nerfs soemthing you do not care about

On another note - SIS seems to only offer anomic base missions at the moment which is rather annoying.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#707 - 2015-09-29 00:47:06 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Maybe the really useful rigs knocked his CPU or power about too much? Still its not hard to find a cheap rig that is useful and nerfs soemthing you do not care about

On another note - SIS seems to only offer anomic base missions at the moment which is rather annoying.

try duality. sisi only has the gurista atomic base as it is getting released in the patch Tuesday, and needs testing.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#708 - 2015-09-29 02:20:05 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

try duality. sisi only has the gurista atomic base as it is getting released in the patch Tuesday, and needs testing.

oh, had not noticed duality was available, good plan
Garrett Osinov
Doomheim
#709 - 2015-09-29 09:58:48 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Ploing wrote:
srsly no rigs? Lol

There were no rigs for sale, so I had to run without them. Going rather hostile way to Jita wasn't an option.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#710 - 2015-09-29 16:40:11 UTC
Guristas Atomic base! (as tested on Sisi)

first and last combat logs 11m 7s
[ 2015.09.29 15:55:46 ] (combat) 50 from Burner Dragonfly - Grazes
[ 2015.09.29 16:06:53 ] (combat) 1431 to Burner Mantis - 250mm Railgun II - Hits

I ran the first 2 waves with a resist link to simulate shiny hardeners, and well, it was going easy so I turned the links off for the last 4 waves. and the t2 fit worked.

t2 stuff sucks for heat, so module placement is for heat management, Thermal seems to be the hardest hitting so I tried to keep it the furthest away, that said I don't think I heated my exp hardener, so maybe move the rep and thermal hardener to the outside slots.

general strategy:
Dragonfly fighters: double web fighter and click approach, they fly away at 0 transversal. maybe pulse ab. When traversal drops, heat guns for first fighter, and kill asap. these guys hurt, you tank will break if you don't start killing. a little heat on the tank might be needed. Depending on how much heat damage you have might be worth using some heat on the second in each wave as well.

Mantis fighter bombers: Heat Fed navy web while approaching with afterburner, typically 2 cycles. I was turning my ab off once I got inside 14km, don't really need to get any closer with rails. Always be moving! With base speed torps hit for ~100 if you slow down torps will hit for 500+

misc:
*make sure your drones are attacking a bomber and not trying to kill the wyvern on their own.
*The x5 web is there for CPU reasons, need 0.5 cpu for a fleeting. not sure it makes a huge difference either way.
*Might be worth bringing javelin ammo for the fighters. perfect range matching and any tracking bonus probably helps. need to reload fairly often, and with 5s reload can easily do it between spawns.
*drones I just threw EM drones in there as it said they were shield tanked. The hobs were there just to try them, but I can't say either way. I did lose one drone on my last run.
*I ended my run with 5 cap boosters in cargo + one in the injector. Might be able to get away with standard 800s.

[Vigilant, Unified Vigilant t2 fit]
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
10MN Afterburner II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 25

250mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Anti-EM Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Hobgoblin II x5
Acolyte II x5
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x1440
Navy Cap Booster 800 x18

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Xorce
Old Core X
#711 - 2015-09-29 21:27:12 UTC
Got my first Anomic Agent mission against a Worm ..
Was thinking to come well prepared this time :D Any tactics recomended and ship setups ? (I can fly all except Minmatar)

Anomic Agent

I have a special optional mission for you, we won’t penalize you if you decline it.

A single individual, a rogue element of the Guristas Pirates, has struck out on their own. We don't know why, but we want you to hunt them down.
They have all scans open, so we can't go there in force. We've acquired their coordinates and need someone to sneak in and take them out. It's you against them.

Only frigate sized ships can gain entry to the hideout, so don’t try to bring anything bigger.
This pirate will be flying a shield boosted Worm frigate designed to operate at long range. She prefers using Dread Guristas Scourge Light Missiles to deal damage. Survivors of her previous attacks claim that she likes to orbit her opponents at beyond 30km using her high speed to keep range. She always flies with a Warp Disruptor fit.

A word of warning: this rogue pirate is extremely dangerous and has proven very capable of destroying capsuleer ships. If you choose to decline this mission or if you fail to complete it, you will not lose any standings.

Declining a mission from a particular agent more than once every 4 hours will result in a loss of standing with that agent.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#712 - 2015-09-30 06:06:37 UTC
Xorce wrote:
Was thinking to come well prepared this time :D Any tactics recomended and ship setups ? (I can fly all except Minmatar)

Anomic Agent

I have a special optional mission for you, we won’t penalize you if you decline it.

A single individual, a rogue element of the Guristas Pirates, has struck out on their own. We don't know why, but we want you to hunt them down.
They have all scans open, so we can't go there in force. We've acquired their coordinates and need someone to sneak in and take them out. It's you against them.

Only frigate sized ships can gain entry to the hideout, so don’t try to bring anything bigger.
This pirate will be flying a shield boosted Worm frigate designed to operate at long range. She prefers using Dread Guristas Scourge Light Missiles to deal damage. Survivors of her previous attacks claim that she likes to orbit her opponents at beyond 30km using her high speed to keep range. She always flies with a Warp Disruptor fit.

A word of warning: this rogue pirate is extremely dangerous and has proven very capable of destroying capsuleer ships. If you choose to decline this mission or if you fail to complete it, you will not lose any standings.

Declining a mission from a particular agent more than once every 4 hours will result in a loss of standing with that agent.

You mean apart from the daredevil build posted on this very page?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Xorce
Old Core X
#713 - 2015-09-30 06:47:05 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Xorce wrote:

Anomic Agent

Yes Please , Note i wrote in my post i dont fly Minmatar ships :)
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#714 - 2015-09-30 07:11:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Xorce wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Xorce wrote:

Anomic Agent

Lucky for you then that the daredevil is a serpentis ship and uses blasters and you only need mini frig 1 to do the mission. (you dont need the bonused web for the worm)

Unless it's an ideological issue with having any level of minmitar frigate trained?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

IcemanJr
Warhamsters pensioners
#715 - 2015-09-30 07:13:18 UTC
Xorce wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Xorce wrote:

[Garmur, Gury]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier

Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket

Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

need skills:
kinetic shield compensation 4
acceleration control 4
high speed maneuvering 3
shield compensation 3

capstable, 230 dps. 100% working fit
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#716 - 2015-09-30 07:52:04 UTC
IcemanJr wrote:
Xorce wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Xorce wrote:

[Garmur, Gury]
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

need skills:
kinetic shield compensation 4
acceleration control 4
high speed maneuvering 3
shield compensation 3

capstable, 230 dps. 100% working fit

Interesting build. Tank looks good, a bit less than what I'd like personally, especially considering no OH on the hardeners, just the repper but I don't doubt its validity. Not a fan of the added bling though compared to the daredevil, the fits aorund 400mill? 90 less dps OH, again compared to the daredevli and the worm already takes an anoyingly long while to kill with the daredevil dps. It's cap stable but only just so make sure your cap skills are up to scratch (it's not listed in the need skills part is why I mention it). If you OH the repper you're not cap stable but you should have enough time but I'm not familiar with the completion time with only 271dps OH. Fitting wise it's a little tighter as well, especially CPU but that shouldn't be a big problem. Make sure you have caldari frig V or you will be missing a huge chunk of dps (25% per level). That last one really should also be in the needed skills, it's like 30dps less OH. Oh and the burners have tiny sigs in general, explosion radius on the rage rockets will be an issue if those skills aren't up to scratch as well.

IcemanJr
Warhamsters pensioners
#717 - 2015-09-30 07:59:20 UTC
Yes, you right. I have all skills 5. Well, mb this fit helping any1 who have skills...

PS. Sorry for my english Ugh
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#718 - 2015-09-30 08:14:15 UTC
IcemanJr wrote:
Yes, you right. I have all skills 5. Well, mb this fit helping any1 who have skills...

PS. Sorry for my english Ugh

NP, it's always good to have alternative builds. I used a wolf for the succubus until I trained small blasters so if it helps people do the mission until they can get into a better fit then it's all good!

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#719 - 2015-09-30 17:19:56 UTC
So apart from the Cerberus here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5703211#post5703211 , is there an alternative to the gila for the ashimu? It feels like the drone aggro got upped in a big way (they prioritise my drones regardless of tech, or who/what they're shooting or who/what I'm shooting, it's nuts) and the mission is starting to become just plain annoying.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#720 - 2015-09-30 17:55:24 UTC
with that garmur I'm thinking since it is shooting EM it's applied damage would probably be similar to the enyo. and the tank looks pretty similar. Also you can set it up so you can throw a dead-space hardener on, although you lose the cap stability you gain a lot of tank, and you probably don't need more than 2 mwd cycles anyways.

as far as the ashimmu goes, I've been wondering the same lately. it has gotten pretty annoying. What I have found to minimize drone aggro is to fit a target painter and after target painting and 2-3 volleys from the RLML on the sentinels launching drones is safer. and then stick a nos on the ashimmu when it gets in range. If the ashimmu doesn't shoot the t1 drones it won't bother with drones and I swap to augmented hammers burn it down. Also I carry a bunch of stuff to refit to, I usally swap out the BCU for a SPR when I'm on reload. and can then swap the painter for the thermal resist amp depending on how damage goes.

that said if the ashimmu does shoot your drones, it is relentless about them. that's when I start throwing drones from cargo to drone bay, and refit to the drone nav comp.

I'm starting to think fitting an ECM would be even better, but haven't gotten around to trying that. Probably upgrade to a CN bcu to save on some cpu so I can, plus that will make refitting easier. the t2 fit makes it tight. maybe getting some faction shield extenders too? easier to fit and more shield HP. could upgrade the nos to a b-type too.

also thinking about running CN vespas with full on drone HP rigs, just launch them at the very start and wait for it. the drones are tankier than the ship

[Gila, Burner Ashimmu Plankton]
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile