These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Any Solo PvP Frigate/ Destroyer Fits Run A War Stab Instead of a DC?

Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#21 - 2015-09-29 08:38:04 UTC
Stabs without penalties would be extremely overpowered on sniper boats.

That's why there are ships with inherent warp core strength and they are ships that cannot be used for sniping at all (the Venture for one).

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-09-29 08:43:27 UTC
Aerasia wrote:
Lets be fair though, the only impact stabs have on the fight is letting you leave. They don't let you win, they just deny the killmail.

Apart from lock range, lock speed, and you know, being able to fit better modules on the ship in those valuable low slots. That's a pretty hefty impact on a ship. It's not only that they don't directly help you win, it's that they straight up hamstring your ship.

Grrr.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#23 - 2015-09-29 08:44:03 UTC
battle ventures Blink

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Aerasia
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2015-09-29 15:04:39 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
Apart from lock range, lock speed, and you know, being able to fit better modules on the ship in those valuable low slots. That's a pretty hefty impact on a ship. It's not only that they don't directly help you win, it's that they straight up hamstring your ship.

They do now, but in discussing why they were powerful enough to be nerfed in the first place that wouldn't be relevant.
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-09-29 15:13:23 UTC
Aerasia wrote:
Azda Ja wrote:
Aerasia wrote:
Lets be fair though, the only impact stabs have on the fight is letting you leave. They don't let you win, they just deny the killmail.

They do now, but in discussing why they were powerful enough to be nerfed in the first place that wouldn't be relevant.

Grrr.

Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#26 - 2015-09-29 16:49:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
Aerasia wrote:
Caladan Panzureborn wrote:
Meh, my last day in this game is Thursday when my sub expires.
Been there, done that. You'll be back.

After 5-10 years, and only for a free re-sub trial just to remember why you left in the first place.

But you'll be back.

And apparently spewing the same inane nonsense about how to fix the game to meet your standards without actually playing it.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Trevor Dalech
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#27 - 2015-09-29 21:50:56 UTC
There should be a counter to warp scram

The counter to warp scram is killing your enemy.

if you decide to engage someone (and yes, once you know what you are doing every fight can be a conscious decision) you have to commit yourself to the fact that either you, or your opponent is going to blow up. There are no easy outs.

I'm sure plenty of people are willing to correct me now, stating things like neuts, jams, damps or pulling range, but I stand by this statement. If you commit you commit, and must run the risk of blowing up. If you're in a losing fight and manage to pull a hat trick and escape alive you're lucky. Don't count on luck saving you every time.
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#28 - 2015-09-30 04:23:28 UTC
I don't know if I've ever seen a PvP fit with a warp stab anywhere. I was just thinking, maybe instead of a DC II, I should run a single warp stab instead. Giving me the chance at least of an escape instead of a few extra seconds delaying the inevitable explosion a DC provides? I seem to have no luck at just flying out of point range. This idea is strictly for 1v1 low-sec frigate or destroyer pvp in FW plexes or roams. Armor tanked. Anyone try this? Thoughts?

Why are you trying to fly out of point range? If you are trying to kite you need a ship fast enough to burn off before they tackle you (6k m/s or higher) or just don't warp into an occupied plex. Discover the mysteries of Dscan. Or fly a brawler and don't be a coward.

Methinks you're doing it wrong. There is absolutely no reason to fit a warp stab on a combat ship.
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#29 - 2015-09-30 04:24:58 UTC
Trevor Dalech wrote:
There should be a counter to warp scram

The counter to warp scram is killing your enemy.

if you decide to engage someone (and yes, once you know what you are doing every fight can be a conscious decision) you have to commit yourself to the fact that either you, or your opponent is going to blow up. There are no easy outs.

I'm sure plenty of people are willing to correct me now, stating things like neuts, jams, damps or pulling range, but I stand by this statement. If you commit you commit, and must run the risk of blowing up. If you're in a losing fight and manage to pull a hat trick and escape alive you're lucky. Don't count on luck saving you every time.

The counter for warp scram is being in something designed to fight while scrammed (I.e. AB brawler) or not putting yourself in a position to get scrammed.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#30 - 2015-09-30 05:46:53 UTC
your best bet would be the venture. it can be fit for pvp and it has two built in stabs without having its penalties or wasting slots

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Previous page12