These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thunderdome - July 2015 series!

Author
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#501 - 2015-09-29 13:33:40 UTC
I'd like to officially withdraw from the bracket. It's been held up long enough, my current situation is prohibitively busy, and I've had a good run as champ. Time to pass the belt along.

Immortalist and Lodestone: make me proud. Either one of you would make a great champ. Pirate

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#502 - 2015-09-29 15:11:17 UTC
That's disappointing.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#503 - 2015-09-29 21:32:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Bronson Hughes wrote:
I'd like to officially withdraw from the bracket. It's been held up long enough, my current situation is prohibitively busy, and I've had a good run as champ. Time to pass the belt along.

Immortalist and Lodestone: make me proud. Either one of you would make a great champ. Pirate

I am sad.

Bracket update

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Lodestone Toyee
BLACK FOX COLLECTIVE
#504 - 2015-09-30 02:02:55 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:

o7 Cry
You made a really good run Bronson, was looking forward to this rematch, but we can always have it some time later this season. Fly safe and gl with getting the RL hassles sorted out, I know the feeling.

Immortalist, I should be ready to fight anytime on or after Thursday evening. If that works for you mail me in-game.
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#505 - 2015-09-30 02:42:37 UTC
It's gone on long enough ladies

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Bronson Hughes
#506 - 2015-09-30 12:30:49 UTC
Sorry for the let-down folks. I've always said out-of-pod stuff takes priority, and I would not be okay with myself not living by my own words.

Good hunting. o7

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Badman Lasermouse
Run and Gun Mercenary Corps
#507 - 2015-09-30 16:33:09 UTC
I AM BRONSON. I will stand in his stead.

-Badman

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#508 - 2015-10-01 18:15:49 UTC
Enough is enough. Finish this week or I'm pulling the prizes. It's feaking OCTOBER.
Lodestone Toyee
BLACK FOX COLLECTIVE
#509 - 2015-10-03 15:19:25 UTC
This is it ladies.
The Thunderdome is finally over!

Victory goes to the immortal one.
The best of 3 went close, I won the first fight and then immortalist won the second.
Killmails:
1st fight
2nd fight

The video and commentary i'll post here shortly. im going back to bed (fights lasted from 5-6am my time)Oops

Outstanding piloting on his part. I need to practice frigates more (or train into a worm)Pirate
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#510 - 2015-10-03 16:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Lodestone Toyee wrote:
This is it ladies.
The Thunderdome is finally over!

Victory goes to the immortal one.
The best of 3 went close, I won the first fight and then immortalist won the second.
Killmails:
1st fight
2nd fight

The video and commentary i'll post here shortly. im going back to bed (fights lasted from 5-6am my time)Oops

Outstanding piloting on his part. I need to practice frigates more (or train into a worm)Pirate

Excellent!

I'll contact chribba for the payment to immortalist. Can't wait to see the video!

Final bracket update

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Valkin Mordirc
#511 - 2015-10-03 16:35:28 UTC
Grats Immortal! And Good job LodeStone as well.
#DeleteTheWeak
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#512 - 2015-10-03 17:06:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Serendipity Lost
So I have 1 of the 3 things I need.

I have the winner. Immotalist. We'll work out the delivery terms of your victory frigate. It will be near amarr. I'd prefer low sex if that's ok w/ you.

I need C&P input on the best fight of the series. The 2 competitors in the 'best fight' will get cruiser of my choosing (I haven't quite nailed that down yet). So what I need is your pick and your reason (keep it short.... unless it's entertaining. I don't want a lot of math and hoo haw - just a winning fight and why it made your pickle crisp)

Best competitor overall - I think thats an arbitrary decision by Mo and Bronson, or Mo and Leto. I know it's Mo and someone. Honestly I don't care. The sticky part is Bronson is on a break and Mo hasn't been seen or heard of in a few weeks. Leto - your a scumbag and go back on your word, but help me out here. What's a good default pair to pick the best performer overall? I'll accept you as one and anyone but Vimsy as the other. If it comes to that - pick your poison and let me know.

Mo.... calling professor Mo...... where are you?
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#513 - 2015-10-03 17:13:14 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

I have the winner. Immotalist. We'll work out the delivery terms of your victory frigate. It will be near amarr. I'd prefer low sex if that's ok w/ you.

I need C&P input on the best fight of the series. The 2 competitors in the 'best fight' will get cruiser of my choosing (I haven't quite nailed that down yet). So what I need is your pick and your reason (keep it short.... unless it's entertaining. I don't want a lot of math and hoo haw - just a winning fight and why it made your pickle crisp)

Best competitor overall - I think thats an arbitrary decision by Mo and Bronson, or Mo and Leto. I know it's Mo and someone. Honestly I don't care. The sticky part is Bronson is on a break and Mo hasn't been seen or heard of in a few weeks. Leto - your a scumbag and go back on your word, but help me out here. What's a good default pair to pick the best performer overall? I'll accept you as one and anyone but Vimsy as the other. If it comes to that - pick your poison and let me know.

Best fight IMHO was myself and tengu grib for the BC round.

Best competitor choice shouldn't be mo because he isn't here. Noragen would be a good choice to assist.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#514 - 2015-10-03 17:29:17 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Best fight IMHO was myself and tengu grib for the BC round.

Best competitor choice shouldn't be mo because he isn't here. Noragen would be a good choice to assist.

So here is a classic Leto Thule example of how not to follow directions.

He forgot the crispy pickle part of the nomination. I specifically said you need to say why it made your pickle crisp. (crisp pickle is an analogy for a boner Leto and that means tell me why you liked it..... sigh)

Noragen is in for half of the court of arbitrary winner sellection. Based on his instruction following abiliteis I don't think I can accept Leto as the other arbitrary member..... Tag Valkin is it. The 2 voting members for best overall will be Valkin and Noragen. Let me know what you two come up with.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#515 - 2015-10-03 18:05:58 UTC
Sigh

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#516 - 2015-10-03 22:01:15 UTC  |  Edited by: lmmortalist
A short analysis of the fights: the 1st one was pretty much decided when we both undocked our ships. Once I zoomed in on Lodestone's hawk and saw the light missile launchers I realized the only thing I could do was try to catch him and get up close. Because of the tanking capabilities of the hawk, however, there really wasn't a chance of winning to begin with.

After the loss I was pretty much afraid of him bringing the hawk again and pondered if I should take another ship or alter my worm fit. In the end the only thing I changed was a sensor booster to a sensor dampener. My strategy + fit were completely focused on keeping my drones alive long enough for him to run out of cap boosters. Now that I think of it I still can't figure out a better ship for the task (barring another hawk with more tank than his but that would've been kinda gay).

Especially with the daredevil loss these fights ended up costing me quite a nice pile of isk. Ironic, considering my original strategy was to bring the worm to the first fight but I decided otherwise at the last minute because I wanted to try something different.

EDIT: Also my vote of the best fight goes to Lodestone Loyee vs Lan Wang (Phantasm / Gila) because the fight didn't include as many obvious mistakes as some others and because the phantasm was such a sexy choice to bring to a cruiser fight.
Lodestone Toyee
BLACK FOX COLLECTIVE
#517 - 2015-10-03 22:20:59 UTC
lmmortalist wrote:
A short analysis of the fights: the 1st one was pretty much decided when we both undocked our ships. Once I zoomed in on Lodestone's hawk and saw the light missile launchers I realized the only thing I could do was try to catch him and get up close. Because of the tanking capabilities of the hawk, however, there really wasn't a chance of winning to begin with.

After the loss I was pretty much afraid of him bringing the hawk again and pondered if I should take another ship or alter my worm fit. In the end the only thing I changed was a sensor booster to a sensor dampener. My strategy + fit were completely focused on keeping my drones alive long enough for him to run out of cap boosters. Now that I think of it I still can't figure out a better ship for the task (barring another hawk with more tank than his but that would've been kinda gay).

Especially with the daredevil loss these fights ended up costing me quite a nice pile of isk. Ironic, considering my original strategy was to bring the worm to the first fight but I decided otherwise at the last minute because I wanted to try something different.

It would have been more interesting to see how things went had you started with the worm. My first hawk was much better tanked and had way more sustainable cap. (it did cost quite a bit more) I likely still would have lost, but I think I would have had a better chance anyway.

I realized my error at the very end of the second fight. I should have exploited my web. Near the beginning had I tried to catch you instead of running away I might have been able to facetank your drones to break through your buffer using my heat and both boosters at once. The way I played that last match, you had total control of the fight the whole time due to your speed.

I admire your decision to bring something interesting for the first fight. Winning with style or an unusual ship is awesome. I spent the better part of 2 weeks trying to come up with something that could beat a worm and garmur that wasn't a worm/garmur. (It shows I have very little experience with frigate fights and the weaknesses of those ships) The best I could do was that first hawk, which had 321 dps tank heated (BluePill/MGcrystals) and very solid range.

Anyway, The vid is Here for all those interested.
This was a good Thunderdome, and very educational. o7
Bronson Hughes
#518 - 2015-10-03 23:38:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Congratulations to Immortalist. I look forward to reviewing the videos and commentary when I get more time.

I can still be reached via EvEmail for about another two weeks (I have an app on my phone that dings me when I get a new one), so please let me know if you'd like my inputs for the overall winners.

I also hope to update my "history of Thunderdome" thread now that this bracket is done. I'll leave future recordkeeping to more active competitors.

Two ships entered...one ship left. It is done.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#519 - 2015-10-11 18:24:01 UTC
Isn't anyone else interested in voting for the best fights etc?
Valkin Mordirc
#520 - 2015-10-11 18:28:13 UTC
I am honestly unsure, I'm even torn between who the best pilot was, Immortal you of course want, but Lodestone did so very well with a limited SP Pool.

Best fight again I have no clue. I really like Bronson V Immortal, I like my Fight with Lodestone,

I'm torn Cry
#DeleteTheWeak