These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#661 - 2015-09-27 15:29:40 UTC
Xorce wrote:
I dont get it .. no one seems to be having any issues with these burner missions
Not true, burner missions are very hard. The people posting in this thread are mostly the experts.

I take what they suggest and run missions on SISI (You need to do this before you go broke) until I'm confident I have the skills/experience/fit.

Also, make sure you have the skills for overheating.
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#662 - 2015-09-27 16:03:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
It seems recently (2-3days ago) they heavilly nerfed the rate at wich burners are handed

Anyone noticed the same?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#663 - 2015-09-27 16:12:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Xorce wrote:
So what am i doing wrong my first runs at first burner mission and been reading up alot and watching some videos.
So far lost 3 ships really ....

Mission i am trying is

Objective
Destroy the Burner Ashimmu and its henchmen.

I thought the Ashimmu was one of the new burner missions?

Ginger Longrun wrote:
It seems recently (2-3days ago) they heavilly nerfed the rate at wich burners are handed

Anyone noticed the same?

It would be very like CCP to change it so you need multiple alts requesting missions to get enough missions to drop to make it worth tooling up for them.
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#664 - 2015-09-27 16:22:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Xorce wrote:
So what am i doing wrong my first runs at first burner mission and been reading up alot and watching some videos.
So far lost 3 ships really ....

Mission i am trying is

Objective
Destroy the Burner Ashimmu and its henchmen.

I thought the Ashimmu was one of the new burner missions?

Ginger Longrun wrote:

Anyone noticed the same?

It would be very like CCP to change it so you need multiple alts requesting missions to get enough missions to drop to make it worth tooling up for them.

Im running on 2 pilots and recently found that i have to take quite some of the ****** missions to keep the agent available

Also no loot at all beside some skins and ammo (and the ocassional sleeper salvage)
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#665 - 2015-09-27 17:02:45 UTC
Random is random. They have nerfed burners in the past and it was in patch notes so no reason to expect otherwise unless you own stocks in a tinfoil hat making company.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#666 - 2015-09-27 17:12:27 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Random is random. They have nerfed burners in the past and it was in patch notes so no reason to expect otherwise unless you own stocks in a tinfoil hat making company.

So agressive in your wording. Im just saying what I have experienced - an informed oppinion - I noticed you said you havent run burners for some time....
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#667 - 2015-09-27 17:15:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

So agressive in your wording. Im just saying what I have experienced - an informed oppinion - I noticed you said you havent run burners for some time....

Oh? I said I haven't run burners for some time? Then the dozen burners I ran today (and my posts talking about my tests with team burners over the last week) are but a figment of my imagination P

No, I haven't noticed any reduction in burners offered over the last week.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Xorce
Old Core X
#668 - 2015-09-27 17:55:46 UTC
Thanks for input i like the discussions going on here :)

So Burner missions are hard i get it ! So there is generally 2 Scenarios?

1. mwd ON keep distance +20km from beeing scrambled and still have good dps & range all this capstable i like the balance :)
Here you start close to target after gatejump 5-10km

2. Survive long enough to get in close and keep close orbit to take down target.
Here you start far of target after gatejump +100km

Ive been trying to read all input just so much information much is really good and i see all the hard work people have been putting into this. Thanks for that!

So for the first option 1. anyone have a good setup for a Hawk or Worm ?

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#669 - 2015-09-27 18:44:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Xorce wrote:

1. mwd ON keep distance +20km from beeing scrambled and still have good dps & range all this capstable i like the balance :)

2. Survive long enough to get in close and keep close orbit to take down target.

Ive been trying to read all input just so much information much is really good and i see all the hard work people have been putting into this. Thanks for that!

Theres 5 burner agents, 4 burner teams and 3 burner bases. you need different ships for almost each one of them. The garmur works for burner teams ONLY. I have a separate ship for each 3 of the burner agents and one ship with two slightly different fits for 2 of the agents. I have 1 seperate cruiser for each of the 3 bases.

basically you need to ask a fit for a specific mission, theres no one ship fit fits all.

Also I checked my wallet and over the last week I did 75 burner missions and 40 normal missions. I did not use a mission pulling alt once in the last month+

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#670 - 2015-09-27 18:46:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Xorce wrote:

its not a question which ship you will use, it all depends on the burner you fight. i use the hawk only against serpentis burner. fit was posted as u questioned first.

for frig burners there are only 2 which let u start 40-45 km away. gurista burner and all teamburners.

also helpfull
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=371443&find=unread

and
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=367275&p=2
interesting are the last 3 posts.

as stated from shiloh it´s always a good idea to test on sisi before you going live.
Buoytender Bob
Ronin Exploration Mission and Mining
#671 - 2015-09-27 19:09:16 UTC
Since this topic has been going on for quite awhile, could we have an updated and clearer picture of the burner missions/ships needed? For those of you who have been doing them for a while, I'm sure this thread is clear and practical. But, for some of us, it has become a little too jumbled in presentation. The last two post helped in quantifying the missions offered; could we redo the first page to clarify the overall discoveries? Not asking for spoon feeding, just a better consolidation of the experiences and wisdom gained by the burner veterans.

To buck the popular trend, I began to Rage Start instead of Rage Quit.

...and every time I get another piece of Carbon, I know exactly what CCP is getting this Christmas.

Xorce
Old Core X
#672 - 2015-09-27 19:19:11 UTC
Ok so i currently have below Burner mission

Anomic Team
Destroy the Vengeance

What ship and tactics setup would you experts suggest ?

I tried looking through the posts in this forum regarding burner missions but could not find any related to this specific mission ?

Let the Experts talk :)
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#673 - 2015-09-27 20:14:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
Xorce wrote:

Anomic Team
Destroy the Vengeance

I tried looking through the posts in this forum regarding burner missions but could not find any related to this specific mission ?

Depends what skills you have - are they missiles or gunnery - if both missile way is safer and faster

Garmur all teams - 3 polarized rockets - mwd/2GuidanceComps/Extron - 3xballistic controls - use faction rockets or javs if you have range problems - try oh'ing on the first logi to burn trough the reps (this fit works for all teams just ammo differs)

Shoot bantams and burst logis with EM rockets and the navitas and inquisitors with explosive

Shoot Hawk with EM, Vengeance with thermal, Enyo with explosive and jaguar kinetic

With above fit you set orbit on THE BURNER (hawk/enyo/jag/venge) and shoot the logis down finishing with the burner

Recomended implants are +5% dps ones and missile range/velocity

With my skills and implants and 2 missile range scripts my missiles hit up to 31km's.

if you are a gunnery guy only 2 teams I have fits for are hawk and vengeance in a daredevil. If thats the case I will write fits here
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#674 - 2015-09-27 20:20:55 UTC
Buoytender Bob wrote:
Since this topic has been going on for quite awhile, could we have an updated and clearer picture of the burner missions/ships needed? For those of you who have been doing them for a while, I'm sure this thread is clear and practical. But, for some of us, it has become a little too jumbled in presentation. The last two post helped in quantifying the missions offered; could we redo the first page to clarify the overall discoveries? Not asking for spoon feeding, just a better consolidation of the experiences and wisdom gained by the burner veterans.

Dunno if I have the patience to write and link all the info down but ill reserve this space for that

Forget about navigating this thread I gave up aswell when I first started on burners. Instead go Google : eve burner enyp team - it will provide you to a link to this thread but pinpointing the location where that fit is detailed

Hope this helps
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#675 - 2015-09-27 20:23:39 UTC
Buoytender Bob wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6057218#post6057218

Two pages back.

I mean really.

Xorce
Old Core X
#676 - 2015-09-27 20:42:41 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Xorce wrote:

Anomic Team
Destroy the Vengeance

Depends what skills you have - are they missiles or gunnery - if both missile way is safer and faster

Garmur all teams - 3 polarized rockets - mwd/2GuidanceComps/Extron - 3xballistic controls - use faction rockets or javs if you have range problems - try oh'ing on the first logi to burn trough the reps (this fit works for all teams just ammo differs)

Shoot bantams and burst logis with EM rockets and the navitas and inquisitors with explosive

Shoot Hawk with EM, Vengeance with thermal, Enyo with explosive and jaguar kinetic

With above fit you set orbit on THE BURNER (hawk/enyo/jag/venge) and shoot the logis down finishing with the burner

With my skills and implants and 2 missile range scripts my missiles hit up to 31km's.

if you are a gunnery guy only 2 teams I have fits for are hawk and vengeance in a daredevil. If thats the case I will write fits here

Thanks for info!

Im gonna try the Garmur .. never tried it before and also it looks cool :D
At what range do you Orbit the Burner ? is that because he is the only one webbing ? and you dont mind the followers getting close? So you orbit the Burner out of webbing range and kill his followers is that right ?

Skills Im maxed in both small blasters and rails
got descent missiles skills not maxed though
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#677 - 2015-09-27 20:49:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
Xorce wrote:
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Xorce wrote:

Anomic Team
Destroy the Vengeance

Thanks for info!

At what range do you Orbit the Burner ? is that because he is the only one webbing ? and you dont mind the followers getting close? So you orbit the Burner out of webbing range and kill his followers is that right ?

I orbit at 25 km's the burner - only burner webs/scrams/does damage - apparently his webs reach out to 18km - also be very carefull every single time and make sure you press orbit on the burner and not a logi. Spam orbit a couple of times as on rare occasions that command bugs and your ship will aproach if you only press once
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#678 - 2015-09-27 20:51:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Xorce wrote:
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Xorce wrote:

Anomic Team
Destroy the Vengeance

Thanks for info!

You need at least IV in all damage (rocket spec, rof, warhead) and projection (speed and burn time) skills.

Orbit ranges are 20km for all but the jaguar. The Jaguar you orbit at 25km. Even then it can still hit you but it's like, super rare. In fact it had not happened to me yet until right now interestingly enough:

20:44:30 Combat 1386 from Burner Jaguar - Wrecks

It's because of the stupid way wrecking hits work, it's stupid. Put me in low armor. But again in probably thousands of missed shots over dozens of missions he's hit me once.

Also I'm on my 4th burner mission in a row. Burners seem to still be given out fine. #Anecdotalevidence

Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#679 - 2015-09-27 20:58:01 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:

You need at least IV in all damage (rocket spec, rof, warhead) and projection (speed and burn time) skills.

Orbit ranges are 20km for all but the jaguar. The Jaguar you orbit at 25km. Even then it can still hit you but it's like, super rare. In fact it had not happened to me yet until right now interestingly enough:

It's because of the stupid way wrecking hits work, it's stupid. Put me in low armor. But again in probably thousands of missed shots over dozens of missions he's hit me once.

Ive had the jag hit me once - its rare i find, something like a fighter hitting an ab frig, freakish but it happens once in a while

As for orbits I didnt knew that but Ill stick to 25 anyways as my pimp range allows it

once again I thank you for that awesome polarized rocket garmur - I started training my gunnery guy for missile support skills as a consequence of the efficiency of that fit P
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#680 - 2015-09-27 21:01:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

once again I thank you for that awesome polarized rocket garmur - I started training my gunnery guy for missile support skills as a consequence of the efficiency of that fit P

Hardly mine, I just did test on it with sub par skills and using T2 ballistics :P

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6021188#post6021188