These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Popular vote on what CCP's top priority needs to be.

First post
Author
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-09-23 18:09:49 UTC
High Sec should be reduced to the rookie systems, and maybe the 5 major trade hubs. The rest can be converted to low sec space.

Carebears suddenly find rewards are harder to come by so easily, which means that in effect, it would give a MAJOR buff to carebearing, because the rewards would mean so much more!

Miners in particular would benefit greatly, since minerals would be trickier to obtain, along with an increased demand for them with more explosions happening in what used to be high sec space, and more people needing new ships. So mining would probably overtake incursions as the best way of earning isk!

The mercs would suddenly find their services much more in demand too, so that would also be a buff.

Low sec would obviously be a much more fun place in general, with so many players everywhere, and given the increased general level of danger in the game, players would probably be much more likely to play in 0.0 space too, because the leap would not be so massive from the other areas.

It's like buffing the whole game really, for everyone. Nerf concord! Destroy high sec!
Nyu Kaminari
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-09-23 21:26:41 UTC
This was a tough one for me to come up with, but I am starting lean towards Pirate rats not being static anymore in Null sec. I do not think that there should just be one place considered to be the best that never changes (Sure it could be an economic problem also).

This stagnation IMO, just looks like an open sore to me. Rats along with their respective complexes should be able to contest these outermost areas to stimulate older players and shake the pot up a little. This will either be one of the best ideas or worst ever. I do know it would cause sovereignty to shift more rapidly as juicier targets with greater drops migrate to other areas. Module sales in Null would become more amorphous along with ships. These changes should NOT happen to quickly though. There has to be a feeling of accomplishment for defending or taking these areas while at the same time, Incursions that grant greater wealth should only occur in low or null sec respective to their value. This would prevent huge ISK faucets from running in high sec.

Rat migration... if implemented should happen either with suitable warning or with each major expansion. Alliances would be tested more frequently and the whole game would probably move faster.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-09-23 21:37:22 UTC
continue the good work in making faction standings less of a requirement/hindrance to activities.

forums.  serious business.

Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#24 - 2015-09-24 00:39:25 UTC
Think i will throw up some 1-2 line ideas here and see which ones might provide relevant discussion/support or flameage instead of writing a WoT.

Mining: Do away with static belts, make them necessary to scan down using indy ships only, allow for many smaller dense belts that can also be claimed by a new deployable so anybody not part of corp/alliance goes suspect if they try to mine a claimed deposit site.

FW: Any non-militia member entering a plex should instantly become suspect. They are a pirate or just someone trying to interfere in the legal military authority of the militias fighting over them.

OGB: it needs to be gotten rid of....you want boosts...risk your ship on grid.

Neutrals: to go along with OGB, neutral repping, links, anything to with wardecs and neutrals being involved should make said neutrals automatically suspect if fleeted up with WT's or create a new flagging that makes the neutral a WT for the next 24 hrs the second they start to interfere.

Industry: a novel idea but not new...allow for things maybe like refining 100 broken armor plates to get 1 Armor Plate...basically a way to get higher end salvage.

Misc: Things like clothing for example...if the item is on the market but basically doesnt exsist in someone's Hangar...can CCP at least put them in the NES store or something so that players can obtain them one way or another.

Moongoo: Empires losing control huh....ok plenty in highsec can make the amounts very dismal...but give us the ability to get some even if it means a lot of time...nullsec does not need to keep the monopoly since highsec can not control a monopoly on the ice markets.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#25 - 2015-09-24 00:45:21 UTC
They need to finish ship rebalancing. I don't think it should be their "top priority" so to say, but it's been what? Two years?

It's going to be the elephant in the room for any future changes until it's completed.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-09-24 19:34:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
reprocess all capitals - donate the ore to charity - with this gesture God may eventually forgive you, though
I wouldn't bet on it. Meanwhile:

CCP's top priority should be to watch its bottom line regardless of customer complaints.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#27 - 2015-09-24 19:40:00 UTC
Pizza for ISD.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#28 - 2015-09-24 23:50:01 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
reprocess all capitals - donate the ore to charity - with this gesture God may eventually forgive you, though
I wouldn't bet on it. Meanwhile:

CCP's top priority should be to watch its bottom line regardless of customer complaints.

I believe they already do? I mean seriously you don't need to take core principles of business and then give it out as advice.
widgetman
Widgetland
#29 - 2015-09-25 08:20:36 UTC
1. Get rid of Local channel.
2. Look at all the redundant ships (AF etc..)....
3. Overhaul the FW .
Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#30 - 2015-09-25 09:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Mieyli
CCP should work on more fun engaging pve content to get more ships undocked and in space. As much as eve is a full-time pvp game, pve content is still just as necessary. Think for a moment where (I'd wager) most day-to-day pvp happens, it's Highsec; and why highsec? Because it is full of easy kills that get the hunter-killer types out in pvp ships, and if this was happening mostly in low and null then you would have a chance to form a defence fleet to protect your bears from these hunters.

WH content is largely focused around finding ratters, highsec content is ganking mission runners/ haulers, nullsec content is mostly due to sov, and lowsec content is, well, just people flying around for giggles. If CCP can develop fun PvE content for low and null that sees more people undocking (not in multi-billion isk ships) to run the content then I would imagine that will lead to an increase in hunters and a corresponding increase in content for those hunting the hunters.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-09-25 10:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Entervention
TOP VOTE from me:

Make it so the beta map has more solid colors.

I click on the sovereignty map and everything is different shades of beige.

Come on guys, lets get some distinction. That map needs REAL COLORS. How the **** am I suppose to make distinctions from one system to the next when they're all nearly identical. It needs to jump out at you at a glance. I shouldn't need to screen shot it then open it up in photo shop to see where it lies on the color wheel to see the difference.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#32 - 2015-09-25 11:10:07 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
33 votes, only 5 comments.

hey i voted for other.

you meant the other (an entity that took control of Empress Jamyl Sarum. This entity is known as the 'Other'.) right ?? Roll

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#33 - 2015-09-25 11:17:10 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

hey i voted for other.

you meant the other (an entity that took control of Empress Jamyl Sarum. This entity is known as the 'Other'.) right ?? Roll

My contempt for humanity drove me to create the option of the 'other'.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#34 - 2015-09-25 11:25:21 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

hey i voted for other.

so it's not the "other" from the lore?

how disappointing. Shocked

how many others (excuse the pun) voted other thinking as i did?

Ugh

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#35 - 2015-09-25 11:28:03 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

hey i voted for other.

so it's not the "other" from the lore?

how disappointing. Shocked

how many others (excuse the pun) voted other thinking as i did?

Ugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuVRUZwAX8U
Salvos Rhoska
#36 - 2015-09-25 11:41:37 UTC
I voted ship rebalance.

Id have wished you had formulated PvE/PvP as more integral, rather than separate, such as options:
-PvE development with less PvP
-PvE development with more PvP

Do you understand what Im getting at?
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#37 - 2015-09-25 16:33:27 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Pizza for ISD.
And beer.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#38 - 2015-09-25 16:34:39 UTC
Esrevid Nekkeg wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Pizza for ISD.
And beer.

lots of beer Big smile
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#39 - 2015-09-25 20:12:49 UTC
Eliminating the CSM.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Alice Darko
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2015-09-26 01:47:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Darko
Growing the player-base without alienating (hopefully rewarding actually) veterans and all of us who stuck with and supported Eve through the years.