These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#641 - 2015-09-25 07:37:31 UTC
OK some quick and dirty spreadsheet stuff seems to indicate the best applied damage (against a 30-40m sig & 100-1400 m/s target) in a "cheap" T2 Garmur fit is probably going to be Precision T2 light missiles and 2 x Rigor II rigs (assuming all relevant skills are at V) .
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#642 - 2015-09-25 13:24:57 UTC
Anyone tried the Guristas Anomic Base on SISI?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#643 - 2015-09-25 23:26:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Ploing wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Awesome, I'm getting T2 missiles and rockets (finally) today and don't feel like doing my first team burners in the 600mill garmur I have fit but have never undocked in :P

so how went your first trip?would be nice to see results from unexperienced chars

Just though I'd pop an update for anyone interested. This is the garmur I was running:

[Garmur, Team Burner T2]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System x3

Missile Guidance Computer II x2
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

Polarized Rocket Launcher x3

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x2121
Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket x2721
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x3574
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x1808

Absolutely demolishes all 4 of the team burners as is to be expected, especially with a 5% damage implant. However I do not have Rapid Launch V, Rocket Spec V or Warhead V (only IV). I figure the 5% implant about makes up for the missing skills.

So I tried the Enyo burner today with 2 T2 Ballistic Control Systems and a co-proc. Took a bit longer obviously and had to OH the launchers on the first logi but used 110 volleys to give you an idea (base rof 1.9sec) but was able to do it with killing only the one logi easily enough. With all V it is entirely possible to do all 4 (Probably) burners with a pure T2 fit so you don't have to worry about ganks or losing the ship so much. Probably what I'll be running from now on.

Edit: Works on Jag as well though I had to kill both logis.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#644 - 2015-09-26 00:56:35 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Anyone tried the Guristas Anomic Base on SISI?

yea it doesn't look too bad, See detailed comments in the test server feedback thread. Only got one run in though, almost all of my inefficiency was due to not having a fed navy web equipped I think. Also wanted to try a few setups. need to get back on sisi and try it out again, gave up because all other missions were enabled.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Xorce
Old Core X
#645 - 2015-09-26 15:59:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Xorce
So what am i doing wrong my first runs at first burner mission and been reading up alot and watching some videos.
So far lost 3 ships really ....

Mission i am trying is

Objective
Destroy the Burner Ashimmu and its henchmen.

On videos ive seen people land over 100km from these guys and they are spread out... once i jump threw gate i land right on top of them all three are around 5-7km from me... i instantly try to mwd away from them but its almost instalock and on deimos a little tank and feeble attempt to first mwd away but no luck so then engage but drained and killed. Then i tried with worm to mwd away but they instalock and kill me aswell.. .agh so pissed is my mission bugged or i am using wrong ships .. i mean all vides ive seen with this mission these guys are spread out and engaged 1 by one.. but here they are tight together and i have to fight all 3 at once.. So Burner missions is really this hard?? Or this is a complettly different mission and i need another type of ship/fitting ?

So i am eager to do the burner missions .. but i really dont want to lose any more ships and need some more input here.

Below my ships i tried this mission

My worm setup
[Worm, Worm Burner]
Drone Damage Amplifier II

1MN Afterburner II
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Warrior II x5

Optimal Range Script x39
Targeting Range Script x39

And My Deimos setup

[Deimos, Deimos Burner]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener
True Sansha Armor Thermic Hardener
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Warrior II x10

Void M x3600
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#646 - 2015-09-26 16:36:43 UTC
at what range do teams activate webs?
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#647 - 2015-09-26 16:41:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
Anize Oramara wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Awesome, I'm getting T2 missiles and rockets (finally) today and don't feel like doing my first team burners in the 600mill garmur I have fit but have never undocked in :P

so how went your first trip?would be nice to see results from unexperienced chars

Just though I'd pop an update for anyone interested. This is the garmur I was running:

[Garmur, Team Burner T2]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System x3

Missile Guidance Computer II x2
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Polarized Rocket Launcher x3

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x2121
Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket x2721
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x3574
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x1808

Absolutely demolishes all 4 of the team burners as is to be expected, especially with a 5% damage implant. However I do not have Rapid Launch V, Rocket Spec V or Warhead V (only IV). I figure the 5% implant about makes up for the missing skills.

So I tried the Enyo burner today with 2 T2 Ballistic Control Systems and a co-proc. Took a bit longer obviously and had to OH the launchers on the first logi but used 110 volleys to give you an idea (base rof 1.9sec) but was able to do it with killing only the one logi easily enough. With all V it is entirely possible to do all 4 (Probably) burners with a pure T2 fit so you don't have to worry about ganks or losing the ship so much. Probably what I'll be running from now on.

Edit: Works on Jag as well though I had to kill both logis.

At what range you orbited with that fit?

EDIT: did some eft and the fit looks way better with polarized rocket launcher and javeling rockets, T2 bay thrusters, T2fuel cache, T1 flare and ofc +5% relevant missile dps/range implants. 236 dps at 46.7km. My pilot uses full geno set and has perfect skills sense Rocket spec 5. Will post latter after testing. Also - due to the high garmur speed and depending on the range of the teams webs you can go ab instead of the mwd

Anyone can think of a way to make bombers work for teams?
Arec Bardwin
#648 - 2015-09-26 17:23:53 UTC
Xorce wrote:
So what am i doing wrong my first runs at first burner mission and been reading up alot and watching some videos.
So far lost 3 ships really ....
Did you read page 1 of this thread?
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#649 - 2015-09-26 19:10:38 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:

18km

Oh and to your other post, don't use Jav rockets... because then you are wasting a mid ona SeBo.

Cal Navy Rockets or Rage. 22-25km is all the range you ever need.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#650 - 2015-09-26 19:16:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Ginger Longrun wrote:

18km

Oh and to your other post, don't use Jav rockets... because then you are wasting a mid ona SeBo.

Thank you

i've never really played missiles up until recently - what is considered better for Teams's logis - a MissGuidance comp with precission scrip or a second TP?
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#651 - 2015-09-26 19:30:03 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Ginger Longrun wrote:

18km

Thank you

i've never really played missiles up until recently - what is considered better for Teams's logis - a MissGuidance comp with precission scrip or a second TP?

These days I lean towards the MGuide but that is just because you can throw a range script in if the Logis end up way out of range due to their strange orbit of the boss.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Yadaryon Vondawn
Vicanthya
#652 - 2015-09-26 19:50:27 UTC
Could anyone enlighten me about the loot chance? I did about 20 burner missions now and haven't gotten anything. The mission payout is fair enough but I thought the burners also dropped some good loot now and then?

Anyone got a list of shiny loot they got?
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#653 - 2015-09-26 20:41:06 UTC
Yadaryon Vondawn wrote:
Could anyone enlighten me about the loot chance? I did about 20 burner missions now and haven't gotten anything. The mission payout is fair enough but I thought the burners also dropped some good loot now and then?

you can get plenty nice loot. 20 missions are nuts.

i got so far some cn copros, cynabal bpc, dram bpc, in heat sink among a lot of hardeners, mwd etc.

basically every faction item pops up.
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#654 - 2015-09-26 20:43:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Longrun
Yadaryon Vondawn wrote:

Drop rate is very random, tho I havent been doing it for to long

As for shinny loot i got a few faction tracking comps, faction sensor boosters, caldari ballistic controlls, faction scramblers, pirate frigs bpc's, pirate cruiser bpc's,faction mwd/ab's - whatever you can think of scepting blue loot (at least for me so far)
Ginger Longrun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#655 - 2015-09-26 21:18:06 UTC
Ginger Longrun wrote:
Ginger Longrun wrote:

18km

Thank you

These days I lean towards the MGuide but that is just because you can throw a range script in if the Logis end up way out of range due to their strange orbit of the boss.

Just ran an Enyo team with polarized rocket garmur - its a whole different game now
Xorce
Old Core X
#656 - 2015-09-26 23:11:10 UTC
I dont get it .. no one seems to be having any issues with these burner missions haha

I just started trying first missions and i die over and over :) i just laugh at it now but was pretty pissed at some point !

What the heck is the magic and yes i have been reading first page ive been reading all i come over .. and the youtube videos ive found shows totally different engagements (one on one engagements with npcs miles away from each other taking them out 1vs1 or some videos where the player isnt even beeing hit) far from my reality :)

The one i tried so far Anomic Team .. First one was impossible warp through gate and land on top of 3 npcs..
Current one also anomic team just little different.. i mean ive been reading up as the boss had mjoelner i put on some extra EM resistance on shields.. so i warp in and started better as npcs group of 3 was around 40 clics from me so i mwd away from them trying to split them up to take them 1 at a time.. so i engaged one of them got him to armor then his buddies came and i was scrambled and applepied.

I might be using totally wrong ship ? but from Forums it seems people use even less expensive frigs and make it off?

This is the current one ive tried with i mean it feels good however i cant take them on 1 vs 3 .. so any ideas? might be i simply suck at these kind of engagements however i would hope that its just something im missing..

[Hawk, Hawk Burner EM]
Ballistic Control System II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
EM Ward Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x3000
Navy Cap Booster 200 x33
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#657 - 2015-09-26 23:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Xorce wrote:

[Hawk, Hawk Burner EM]

EM Ward Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Navy Cap Booster 200 x33

you tried this vs a teamburner ? which one ?
beside that your shield and rocket skills seems not ready for that.

and the hawk has his bonus on kinetic which i never use for teamburners. with other ammo you have way less dmg to scratch the hull.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#658 - 2015-09-26 23:33:47 UTC
Xorce wrote:
I dont get it .. no one seems to be having any issues with these burner missions haha

I just started trying first missions and i die over and over :) i just laugh at it now but was pretty pissed at some point !

What the heck is the magic and yes i have been reading first page ive been reading all i come over .. and the youtube videos ive found shows totally different engagements (one on one engagements with npcs miles away from each other taking them out 1vs1 or some videos where the player isnt even beeing hit) far from my reality :)

The one i tried so far Anomic Team .. First one was impossible warp through gate and land on top of 3 npcs..
Current one also anomic team just little different.. i mean ive been reading up as the boss had mjoelner i put on some extra EM resistance on shields.. so i warp in and started better as npcs group of 3 was around 40 clics from me so i mwd away from them trying to split them up to take them 1 at a time.. so i engaged one of them got him to armor then his buddies came and i was scrambled and applepied.

I might be using totally wrong ship ? but from Forums it seems people use even less expensive frigs and make it off?

This is the current one ive tried with i mean it feels good however i cant take them on 1 vs 3 .. so any ideas? might be i simply suck at these kind of engagements however i would hope that its just something im missing..

[Hawk, Hawk Burner EM]

EM Ward Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Navy Cap Booster 200 x33

The idea behind the Team Burners is to be out of the 20+km damage range so you don't need a tank.

Using that as a fitting base, you can now decide on DPS or DPS+ECM or some other creative way to kill the burner or Logi then burner.

Personally, as stated above, I like the Polarized Rocket fits with some range rigs, TP and Missile Comp with range or precision.

But some use LML and ECM, others Rockets with ECM,

With ECM you can get creative, like rail harpy and other fun ships. But if you stay out 22km or so from the main burner, you should never die. Also make sure you are cap stable with MWD on.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#659 - 2015-09-26 23:37:32 UTC
what my Market McSelling Alt ...alt says Lol
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#660 - 2015-09-27 12:19:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
For those having trouble with the Burner missions in general. These missions are extremely tough. It is expected to have high skills or bling fit or OH, sometimes all three. Using meta weapons for example might not cute it. The garmur fit I linked ONLY works IF you have all skills at IV or V. DO NOT try these burners if your skills are NOT there. Additionally I have a 5% rocket damage implant and range implant because I am currently using 2 T2 ballistics instead of 3 cal navy comps.

Also make 100% sure you read the mission brief very carefully. There is an angel AGENT and an Angel BASE. these are two DIFFERENT missions. as well as the Blood AGENT and Blood BASE. I have found 0 variation in a mission. A blood Base will ALWAYS be the exact same every time. These are high precision missions. Yes there are different fits for the same mission but there is VERY little leeway on skills and how to do a mission compared to other lv4 missions. If you are not skilled or don't have the right fit or don't use the right strat you will die over and over again. Even then ONE mistake will get you killed.

For the team burners the garmur and it's variation (2 T2 ballistics instead of 3 cal navy ones) you orbit the damage dealing ship at 20. 25Km for the jaguar. You need to be able to hit at around 27-28km with cal navy rockets or it wont work. Yes sometimes you will orbit outside of range of the logi. My experience (over 100 team burners) is that the logi will eventually cluster around the target ship. if you get within 16km range of the target ship you will get webbed and scrammed and you will die.

For the other burner missions what Jori McKie and jackudza and specifically Chainsaw Plankton says a page or two back says works great. Burners pay out the most of any hi sec missions but you will lose ships to stupid mistakes. It's just the way it works.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3