These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Plex hits 1b ISK in Jita

First post
Author
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#761 - 2015-09-25 21:36:12 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Anyone else ever dream of what they could do in/to EVE if they won a large multimillion jackpot in a lottery?

Yes ... I would stop playing, buy myself a condo in the Caribbean and have drinks and pretty girls very near me the entire day,
Salvos Rhoska
#762 - 2015-09-25 21:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Anyone else ever dream of what they could do in/to EVE if they won a large multimillion jackpot in a lottery?

Yes ... I would stop playing, buy myself a condo in the Caribbean and have drinks and pretty girls very near me the entire day,

You misread the question.

Also why the hell would you stop playing EVE just because you are extremely rich?
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#763 - 2015-09-25 21:42:02 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

Also why the hell would you stop playing EVE just because you are extremely rich?

All the cocaine would probably distract me from my computer
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#764 - 2015-09-25 22:05:48 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

What have I misread? ... is there no Caribbean in EvE universe?

But indeed, if I was extremely rich I would not play EvE ... who can find the time for such frolics when there is a whole world of real danger to adhere to?
Salvos Rhoska
#765 - 2015-09-25 22:09:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Divine Entervention wrote:

Somewhat related, that in the last week alone Ive seen, live:
- One particular EVE streamer pass out, twice, from drinking/drugs, while still seated infront of the camera.
- Another one puke all over their desk from drinking, while trying to hold the rest in their hand, before running off camera.

Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
But indeed, if I was extremely rich I would not play EvE ... who can find the time for such frolics when there is a whole world of real danger to adhere to?

That makes no sense at all.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#766 - 2015-09-25 22:23:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

That's what I'm talkin about. xept I wouldn't stop playing Eve Big smile

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#767 - 2015-09-25 22:44:23 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

I think this is what happens to people who come into lots of money and they have a drug habit, They over indulge because they can.

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#768 - 2015-09-26 12:16:49 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

Nicolai Serkanner wrote:

Probably lost in translation.
Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#769 - 2015-09-26 12:25:50 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

Nicolai Serkanner wrote:

Probably lost in translation.

It was probably the use of 'adhere' in that sentence.
k Rose
Aeon Interstellar Conglomerate
#770 - 2015-09-26 17:01:25 UTC
Finally mother-ships have fell in price
Ms GoodyMaker
DELAINEN SYNDICATE
#771 - 2015-09-26 20:57:42 UTC
Yossarian Toralen wrote:
It is a strange product in that it costs more real money to use a PLEX to pay for game time than it costs to sub it, so people are going to sub their accounts more and more as the price rises and lower the profit for CCP in the long run, I'm sure they got a nice cash injection in the short term.

Short term thinking for a game that has been running this long is a bit odd.

It would be good for CCP to gain in the short term, if their long term prospects were looking dim with people unsubbing accounts due to killing Multiboxing.

Death shall come to us all...meet you back in WoW.
Fourteen Maken
Karma and Causality
#772 - 2015-09-26 22:58:41 UTC
I think ccp have been artificially suppressing plex prices and just now took their hands off the wheel to let the market sort itself out.

Plex price will rise until: price = the maximum most multiboxer/botters are willing to tolerate to keep their accounts subbed.

I don't think we're there yet.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#773 - 2015-09-27 00:38:36 UTC
Ms GoodyMaker wrote:
Yossarian Toralen wrote:
It is a strange product in that it costs more real money to use a PLEX to pay for game time than it costs to sub it, so people are going to sub their accounts more and more as the price rises and lower the profit for CCP in the long run, I'm sure they got a nice cash injection in the short term.

It would be good for CCP to gain in the short term, if their long term prospects were looking dim with people unsubbing accounts due to killing Multiboxing.

That is just it, by increasing demand in game and having the in-game price rise people will eventually switch back to the RL market. This could be a good move for CCP. At least I hope so anyways.

As for multiboxing they did nothing to multiboxing, that is a flat out misleading comment. I can multibox 3 accounts and CCP has said this is just fine.

What they did was put a serious dent in the use of things like ISBoxer, which in my view was always in violation of the EULA. Using an outside program that allows you to acquire more in game resources faster than "normal play" is not allowed. Assuming CCP survives the drop in subs, this is a good long term policy, IMO. To be quite honest, I'd like it if they just outright banned things like ISBoxer.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

k Rose
Aeon Interstellar Conglomerate
#774 - 2015-09-27 11:26:28 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Ms GoodyMaker wrote:
Yossarian Toralen wrote:

That is just it, by increasing demand in game and having the in-game price rise people will eventually switch back to the RL market. This could be a good move for CCP. At least I hope so anyways.

As for multiboxing they did nothing to multiboxing, that is a flat out misleading comment. I can multibox 3 accounts and CCP has said this is just fine.

What they did was put a serious dent in the use of things like ISBoxer, which in my view was always in violation of the EULA. Using an outside program that allows you to acquire more in game resources faster than "normal play" is not allowed. Assuming CCP survives the drop in subs, this is a good long term policy, IMO. To be quite honest, I'd like it if they just outright banned things like ISBoxer.

So what are you saying? CCP no longer stand by the "power of two" or "wait a minute you put your hands in the cookie jar !"
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#775 - 2015-09-27 17:52:57 UTC
k Rose wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Ms GoodyMaker wrote:
Yossarian Toralen wrote:

So what are you saying? CCP no longer stand by the "power of two" or "wait a minute you put your hands in the cookie jar !"

What I'm saying is, if subs are down but there is more demand in game for PLEX then this is a possible good thing for CCP. I said nothing about the power of two...if you want to attempt to draw an inference from what I've posted that is your problem.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

BearThatCares
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#776 - 2015-09-27 17:55:41 UTC  |  Edited by: BearThatCares
Yossarian Toralen wrote:

The point of it is to not pay at all. If you paid for 30 days game time with 1 billion virtual currency, you paid no REAL currency.

PLEX, CREDD, Bonds, etc are all methods used by small community games to increase cash flow. It's not a short term strategy.

Krypted Gaming is looking for quality members!

Check out our guides at our website, and if you like what you see, drop by our Discord and socialize!

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#777 - 2015-09-27 18:08:28 UTC
BearThatCares wrote:
Yossarian Toralen wrote:

The point of it is to not pay at all. If you paid for 30 days game time with 1 billion virtual currency, you paid no REAL currency.

PLEX, CREDD, Bonds, etc are all methods used by small community games to increase cash flow. It's not a short term strategy.

There is no free lunch, ever. Just as there are no perpetual motion machines.

If you used ISK then you paid via your leisure time. Maybe grinding for the 1.225 billion or whatever the cost of a PLEX is is something you love to do. But unless that is the case you are saying you put a very, very low value on your leisure time.

You know...that opportunity cost thing.

Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#778 - 2015-09-29 11:59:00 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
BearThatCares wrote:
Yossarian Toralen wrote:

If you used ISK then you paid via your leisure time. Maybe grinding for the 1.225 billion or whatever the cost of a PLEX is is something you love to do. But unless that is the case you are saying you put a very, very low value on your leisure time.

I'm in full agreement with Yossarian, In business it s always a good idea to consider the long term, if this is done then success and customer satisfaction is easier to achieve.

Bearthatcares, if one buys a PLEX for game time purposes then all you've really done is employ someone to pay a higher sub fee using their debit/credit card on your behalf for an isk reward. Effectively you have become the grinder for the person you're buying the PLEX from, so you have the PLEX seller and the PLEX user where both parties have a need to fulfill. It is a good partnership the PLEX seller can't be bothered to grind and the PLEX user is bothered to grind.

Teckos, time is the biggest commodity in the history mankind and I am very sure most people try to put the most optimal value on their time in any scenario. We all know that time is limited so therefore it is valuable.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#779 - 2015-09-29 14:42:15 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:

Then there are people with excess ISK with nothing useful to spend it on. The sort of people who would throw billions on Somer Blink cos why not.
Zihao
Doomheim
#780 - 2015-09-29 16:25:04 UTC
Grr gambling.