These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Breaking war-dec's. Questions and a small rant :)

First post
Author
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#141 - 2015-09-23 18:31:17 UTC
Giaus Felix wrote:
Many would disagree with your analysis of what balance consists of, it being a matter of opinion and opinions differing.

As for your rookies in whales, they get 24 hours notice, the same as anybody else that receives a wardec, thus that part of your post is moot.
No it's not, it's the entire point. What you're saying is that it's fine for people to have ridiculously high reward at nearly no risk because the group of players they target are terrible. and you don;t see how that is gamebreakingly bad. Imagine a matchmade shooter if it just allowed the hardcore nolifers to pick the easiest target they wanted. Sure, they'd have fun with there 300-0 k:d, but the game integrity would suffer.

Giaus Felix wrote:
CODE. have already done this, they've laid claim to space and attempt to tax people for its use, people like you have been decrying them since they started.
CODE are a bunch of bored nullsec players who extort ISK while following a dude who still hasn't stopped crying that mining barges were balanced.

Giaus Felix wrote:
Your blinkers are making you blind, it is not only rookies that are targeted by wardecs, it is a risk that any player corporation in highsec faces; some of them adapt, some cry.
It's the softest possible targets, most of which are rookies. They may not necessarily be new as in have new characters, but they generally lack experience and are not very good. You may think it's hilarious to go around bashing terribles and acting like it means a damn thing, personally I like games to be challenging.

Giaus Felix wrote:
That's not what I said, and you know it. I suggested that people inform themselves of the relevant mechanics and act upon them.
It's exactly what you said because it's exactly what you support. You support a mechanic that rewards players most for picking the softest targets. That you cast the blame for that purely onto players who don;t know any better is even worse.

Giaus Felix wrote:
Wardecs are trivial to avoid if you don't want to be a victim of them, ignorance of how to do so is the problem, as you're obviously a concerned citizen maybe you should try being an enemy of ignorance and start informing people of their options instead of supporting the removal of wardecs.
Sure they are, you can just not be in corp or you can roll it and watch people scream about how evil you are for rolling. That doesn't mean the system isn't broken.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#142 - 2015-09-23 18:33:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Edit: why bother, npc forum alt...
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#143 - 2015-09-23 18:55:43 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Truth is though that people who have an interaction with veteran players early (even if it is getting shot in the face) are statistically more likely to engage with the game and stick around.

Ccp tried to prove what you're guessing at and found through their own data that the opposite was the case, ccp rise gave a presentation regarding the new player experience to this effect last fanfest which you can find on YouTube should you care to go look.

Grain of salt here. Interaction with veterans in general improves the experience. But a co-operative experience yields positive results. Grief ends majority in leaving. Good thing that even a tiny percentage stays.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#144 - 2015-09-23 19:33:29 UTC
Aquilan Aideron wrote:
Highsec ganking/highsec wardecs need to go.
So how do you propose to make highsec players lose ships in large quantities?
Giaus Felix
Doomheim
#145 - 2015-09-23 19:33:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Giaus Felix
Lucas Kell wrote:
No it's not, it's the entire point. What you're saying is that it's fine for people to have ridiculously high reward at nearly no risk because the group of players they target are terrible. and you don;t see how that is gamebreakingly bad. Imagine a matchmade shooter if it just allowed the hardcore nolifers to pick the easiest target they wanted. Sure, they'd have fun with there 300-0 k:d, but the game integrity would suffer.
I'm saying that terrible players make themselves targets by being terrible players, if they were better players who understood the mechanics at hand they wouldn't be easy targets.

I'm coming at this from the angle of suggesting people make use of the mechanics already available to them, you're coming at it from the angle of terrible players should remain terrible and be protected from better players that they might learn from.

Quote:
CODE are a bunch of bored nullsec players who extort ISK while following a dude who still hasn't stopped crying that mining barges were balanced.
That may well be true, that doesn't alter the fact that they have done exactly what you suggest and have laid claim to an area of space and are trying to levy taxation on the people that use that space. Their method is irrelevant, they are doing what you suggested.

Quote:
It's the softest possible targets, most of which are rookies. They may not necessarily be new as in have new characters, but they generally lack experience and are not very good.
And? I'm not very good at BF or CoD, in fact I downright suck at them. I'm learning from the people that I play with and getting better; yeah I die more often than not but I don't ask that my opponents refrain from engaging me because I suck. The same applies in Eve.

Allowing terrible players to remain terrible is far crueler than trying to show them how to be better players.

Quote:
You may think it's hilarious to go around bashing terribles and acting like it means a damn thing, personally I like games to be challenging.
Make all the assumptions you want, I said nothing of the kind and in most games, including Eve, I am the terrible player.

Quote:
It's exactly what you said because it's exactly what you support. You support a mechanic that rewards players most for picking the softest targets. That you cast the blame for that purely onto players who don;t know any better is even worse.
No. I neither actively support nor oppose the wardec mechanics, I accept them for what they are and choose to remain in an NPC corp.

I also didn't blame players who don't know better, if anybody is at fault it's the do-gooders who make no attempts to combat their ignorance of game mechanics by way of informing or showing them what options are available to them, all the while making lots of noise and decrying those who do know about them.

I came for the spaceships, I stayed for the tears.

Aquilan Aideron
Wardecs go here
#146 - 2015-09-23 19:39:57 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Aquilan Aideron wrote:

How about some hardmode pve? Surely, you dont feel this stale frighter ganking is the best EvE should come up with?
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#147 - 2015-09-23 19:40:55 UTC
Giaus Felix wrote:
I'm saying that terrible players make themselves targets by being terrible players, if they were better players who understood the mechanics at hand they wouldn't be easy targets.

I'm coming at this from the angle of suggesting people make use of the mechanics already available to them, you're coming at it from the angle of terrible players should remain terrible and be protected from better players.
No, they don't. Terrible players exist everywhere, but they are specific targets of wardeccers because they are more rewarding for lower risk.

Giaus Felix wrote:
That may well be true, that doesn't alter the fact that they have done exactly what you suggest and have laid claim to an area of space and are trying to levy taxation on the people that use that space. Their method is irrelevant, they are doing what you suggested.
But they haven't. They've trolled local and demanded random payments for promises they may or may not deliver. What I'm talking about is making a system where the system itself steers reward towards people who take higher risks, you know, how risk/rewards is supposed to actually work.

Giaus Felix wrote:
And? I'm not very good at BF or CoD, in fact I downright suck at them. I'm learning from the people that I play with and getting better. the same applies in Eve.

Allowing terrible players to remain terrible is far crueler than trying to show them how to be better players.
And you get seeded against people you stand a chance against. Likewise the best players get put against other good players, because the game relies on being challenging for all players. If they took that away so you were pitted against the absolutel best you'd rapidly realise it's a terrible idea.

Giaus Felix wrote:
No. I neither actively support nor oppose the wardec mechanics, I accept them for what they are.
Which is supporting them... Keeping them as is is supporting them as they are.

Giaus Felix wrote:
I also didn't blame players who don't know better, if anybody is at fault it's the do-gooders who make no attempts to combat their ignorance of game mechanics by way of informing or showing them of what options are available to them, all the while making lots of noise about it and decrying those who do know about them.
Roll Yeah, it's the do-gooders fault that the "hardcore" PvPers won;t engage unless they have a 99% chance of victory.

Aquilan Aideron
Wardecs go here
#148 - 2015-09-23 19:42:56 UTC
Aquilan Aideron wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Aquilan Aideron wrote:

How about some hardmode pve? Surely, you dont feel this stale frighter ganking is all EvE should come up with?

Aquilan Aideron
Wardecs go here
#149 - 2015-09-23 19:43:44 UTC
delete please
Giaus Felix
Doomheim
#150 - 2015-09-23 20:03:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Giaus Felix
Lucas Kell wrote:
No, they don't. Terrible players exist everywhere, but they are specific targets of wardeccers because they are more rewarding for lower risk.
Why are they lower risk? If they weren't so terrible they wouldn't be a low risk target, for the most part they're terrible because they're ignorant of their options.

Quote:
But they haven't. They've trolled local and demanded random payments for promises they may or may not deliver. What I'm talking about is making a system where the system itself steers reward towards people who take higher risks, you know, how risk/rewards is supposed to actually work.
For all intents and purposes they have, they try and impose a fee for operating in what they perceive to be their space. What you think about their methods is irrelevant.

Quote:
And you get seeded against people you stand a chance against. Likewise the best players get put against other good players, because the game relies on being challenging for all players. If they took that away so you were pitted against the absolutel best you'd rapidly realise it's a terrible idea.
On the public servers yes, on private servers not so much, I play mostly on private servers with my brother and his friends.

Quote:
Yeah, it's the do-gooders fault that the "hardcore" PvPers won;t engage unless they have a 99% chance of victory.
Nope, it's the do-gooders fault that they moan like hell about it while refusing to even attempt to actually do something about it by means of education and information. Want PvPers to stop going up against the uninformed and ignorant? By teaching the uninformed and ignorant how to protect themselves you reduce the pool of uninformed easy targets.

Education is key, unfortunately the do-gooders are too damn apathetic to educate and inform.

I came for the spaceships, I stayed for the tears.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#151 - 2015-09-23 23:50:08 UTC
Aquilan Aideron wrote:
Highsec ganking/highsec wardecs need to go. Some bored + 10 year old players heaping on new players/new corps and stopping them dead in their tracks is an hillarious awful idea.

CCP, stop being terrible at common sense.

Counter argument.

NPC corp posting privileges outside of New Citizens needs to go.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#152 - 2015-09-23 23:56:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Aquilan Aideron wrote:
Highsec ganking/highsec wardecs need to go. Some bored + 10 year old players heaping on new players/new corps and stopping them dead in their tracks is an hillarious awful idea.

CCP, stop being terrible at common sense.

Counter argument.

NPC corp posting privileges outside of New Citizens needs to go.

What privileges do you mean? Only newbs allowed to dock and trade at 4-4? Wait, missed word posting. Rehash of last time you said it. Guess experienced and open minded people like me, dont want our feedback.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#153 - 2015-09-24 00:00:38 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:

What privileges do you mean?

The ability to post on any board on this site besides New Citizens Q&A.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nihlus Valke
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#154 - 2015-09-24 04:16:06 UTC
You're wasting your breathe.

As long as things are in the favor of the shoot first crowd they will continue with the "EVE is harsh, deal with it" lines. That is, of course, until CCP introduces something that upsets their preferred gameplay type. Then it'll be a shitstorm of crybaby antics. Posers.

Wardeccing is the dumbest idea I think has ever been introduced into the MMO (Well, maybe the bounty system is the dumbest). I understand Nullsec corps officially notifying CONCORD of war so that hisec can't act has a safe zone in war, but to arbitrarily just go about circumventing the very purpose of hisec because, apparently, this supposed "PVP game" doesn't have enough PvPers to satisfy the low/null crowd is absurd. Especially considering you have two completely separate dynamics for PvE and PvP. Unless ALL content requires the same type of fits currently designated as PvP, to force PvP on PvE players is complete unbalanced garbage game design. So until NPC pirates start ALL behaving like players (smaller numbers, higher DPS, warping away when they get low on health, possibly requiring more small gangs, etc.) the two communities are incompatible. Because one side get everything they want and the other gets hosed. Why even have NPC pirates? Let the players be the pirates with NPC agents sending you out to kill pirate players. Either everything is PvP or the two need to have that buffer hisec SHOULD offer. Let's not forget that these so-called PvPers just want easy targets to murder. Essentially these wardecs are nothing more than griefing. Tear harvesting at its best.

If a hisec corp member attacks another corp's member(s) and the victim(s) earn killrights, only then should any talk of war come up. The offending corp can either pay a certain amount of isk depending on the number of infractions and damage done as recompense or suffer the consequences (i.e. war). Or if two corps are competing over hisec resources and mutually decide to settle the dispute on the battlefield, so be it. Otherwise, it's just plain stupid. It's like the AT&T paying the state for the right of its employees to kill T-Mobile employees in broad daylight while the police just stand by and watch. Utterly asinine from both a gameplay and role-play side. All those mining crews working for NON-AGGRESSIVE capsuleers being murdered without provocation. And the universe is not up in arms against CONCORD for sanctioning the executions (because that's what it is) of innocent civilians???

The only alternative to a corp I can think of off the top of my head is a group with a private player chat channel. You'd give your own members a certain status to single them out in local. The game is not designed in your favor even if people like you make up the overwhelming vast majority of players.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#155 - 2015-09-24 06:02:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Giaus Felix wrote:
Why are they lower risk? If they weren't so terrible they wouldn't be a low risk target, for the most part they're terrible because they're ignorant of their options.
Because they are terrible. And if they weren't, wardeccers would just pick people that are. All the time there are bad and new players (which is always) they will be targeted because the mechanics favour those targets. If those players learn, different ones will e picked. I really don't know how you still don't get this. The mechanics should favour picking a challenging target. You can keep saying "but people should learn" until the cows come home, but it doesn't change the reason the lowest bar players are picked.

Giaus Felix wrote:
For all intents and purposes they have, they try and impose a fee for operating in what they perceive to be their space. What you think about their methods is irrelevant.
No they don't. Look, I'm not going to discuss code here, it's off topic. I get that you seem to appreciate what they do, but they are not a solution for broken mechanics.

Giaus Felix wrote:
On the public servers yes, on private servers not so much, I play mostly on private servers with my brother and his friends.
TQ is a public server. Roll

Giaus Felix wrote:
Nope, it's the do-gooders fault that they moan like hell about it while refusing to even attempt to actually do something about it by means of education and information. Want PvPers to stop going up against the uninformed and ignorant? By teaching the uninformed and ignorant how to protect themselves you reduce the pool of uninformed easy targets.

Education is key, unfortunately the do-gooders are too damn apathetic to educate and inform.
Clearly we're not going to get anywhere here. I get it, you want to keep the mechanics so that easy people are always the best targets and want to sit there trying to blame everyone except the actual problem (the mechanics themselves) to justify selecting low risk, no effort targets for the best reward. You're no different from some guy that's found a way to make at bank off of rinsing a level 1 mission and won't give it up because it's easy and rewarding.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#156 - 2015-09-24 06:06:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Nihlus Valke wrote:
As long as things are in the favor of the shoot first crowd they will continue with the "EVE is harsh, deal with it" lines. That is, of course, until CCP introduces something that upsets their preferred gameplay type. Then it'll be a shitstorm of crybaby antics. Posers.

The only things I do in highsec are industrial related, on a different character.

I've never had a feeling that the 'shoot first crowd' have things in their favour. In many ways things are much more in the favour of my industrial character.

Anytime she is wardecced for example, I just drop her to an NPC Corp and carry on, totally unaffected. A different alt, that doesn't even undock moves into the CEO role so the Corp isn't affected either. Not a single thing a wardec Corp can do about it.

She also hauls regularly between major trade hubs using anything from a Viator to an Obelisk or and Anshar. With the in game gank intel and anti-ganking channels open, use of watchlists, a scout to run ahead, a webbing alt and an exit cyno ready to be lit if she's flying the Anshar; I have way more intelligence on gankers in choke points than they have on her. She might one day be caught and killed and good luck to the gankers if it happens, but I certainly don't think they have things in their favour. I make it as hard for them as possible.

Quote:
Wardeccing is the dumbest idea I think has ever been introduced into the MMO (Well, maybe the bounty system is the dumbest). I understand Nullsec corps officially notifying CONCORD of war so that hisec can't act has a safe zone in war, but to arbitrarily just go about circumventing the very purpose of hisec because, apparently, this supposed "PVP game" doesn't have enough PvPers to satisfy the low/null crowd is absurd. Especially considering you have two completely separate dynamics for PvE and PvP.

What is the very purpose of highsec?

100% safety has never been the purpose of highsec if that is the answer to that question.

Quote:
If a hisec corp member attacks another corp's member(s) and the victim(s) earn killrights, only then should any talk of war come up. ... Or if two corps are competing over hisec resources and mutually decide to settle the dispute on the battlefield, so be it.

If initial aggression is the only trigger for a war, how does the second case there even occur if one group doesn't agree?

War isn't about agreed aggression.

Quote:
Otherwise, it's just plain stupid. It's like the AT&T paying the state for the right of its employees to kill T-Mobile employees in broad daylight while the police just stand by and watch. Utterly asinine from both a gameplay and role-play side. All those mining crews working for NON-AGGRESSIVE capsuleers being murdered without provocation. And the universe is not up in arms against CONCORD for sanctioning the executions (because that's what it is) of innocent civilians???

That's not what war is IRL.

One country taking aggressive action against another - no permission or agreement required.

But at least in Eve, totally avoidable by shifting to an NPC Corp.

Neither is it murder or execution. If your pod doesn't blow up, then no life was taken at all, but in the context of a wardec, murder doesn't apply (in terms of RL comparison, we don't call soldiers murderers for doing their job).
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#157 - 2015-09-24 07:59:16 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Giaus Felix wrote:
CODE. have already done this, they've laid claim to space and attempt to tax people for its use, people like you have been decrying them since they started.

Just wonderful Lucas, I will repeat that quote because its so spot on.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#158 - 2015-09-24 08:45:51 UTC
War decs are the best thing ever happened to Eve, even Lucas secretly agrees with that. Only the carebears cry about them, as its not fair they die, boohooo.... Cry HTFU carebears. Twisted

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Roney Strongarm
Caldari Security
#159 - 2015-09-24 08:59:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Roney Strongarm
OK It's been a couple of days since I have read this post. For those that supported this thread, thank you. I have "liked" on as many as the posts I could find.

I think it's important to understand a few things here. I don't have EVE. I actually really love EVE. And want to see it not drive itself into the ground. And IMO, I am seeing EXACTLY that happening right now.

I've run several corps over the years, each time trying to build my player base of newbro players. Taking them and showing them how to fit their ships according to their traits, how to run NPC missions and make money. Granted I've always been one for combat. However the point here is, due to the game mechanics, we have gotten war decced. Back in the earlier days it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. But still. Every couple of months, a wardec. And what can a new player do? yes, jump into a T1 hull and fight. Of course there is always that option. But guess what, T1 hulls still cost money. And those new players just aren't in a position to do that. Most don't have hundreds of millions or even billions of isk sitting in their wallet.

So what ends up happening is those players get bored. They can't undock. They log out of the game for a week or 2, logging in once in a while to check skills. Do you understand what this does to the game? They get bored and quit the game totally. And the problem is, it's not like they log back in remembering how it was before the war started. Usually after a war ends, that new player quits the corp thinking they will be better off on their own. It's an extreme anti-social function of the game. They leave the nest and join another corp. Then that one gets wardecced. Then they join another corp. Then that one gets wardecced. Then they realize, this is the mechanics of EVE. And they simply just do not want to play a game where every time they get blown up, they loose their ship.

I have had at least 30 ppl in my contacts over the years, 30 of which I never saw log in again. Many of those players never return, realizing that this is the life in EVE for which they can expect. And I'm telling you, I'M TELLING YOU, not everyone wants to play a game that's as cruel as EVE is. And it's not just a handful of players. People have tried this game, and then left in THRONGS because of the nature of that is EVE.

It's the vast majority of players that start the game in high sec, that want to wait a while and build up their toon, their skills, their resources. BUT THEY CAN'T.

Now I'm going thru this yet again. At the beginning of August, I built a corp with 4 newbro players. Those newbro's brought in about 4 more newbro's. So about 10 new players in total. New to the game. And guess what happened, our corp got wardecced 2 days after they got in game. So I thought, OK, well I still want to train these players, but we can't be under a dec. So we all left the corp. 4 or so days later, I re-started my corp again. Got them invited. Everything was good. 3 days later, ANOTHER war dec. So we got that one dropped 4 days later, and after loosing nearly a billion ISK worth of hardware. Then we decided to join an alliance for better protection. Guess what? ANOTHER WAR DEC. Do you not understand where I'm going with this?

So now I see these 10 newbro's, only 2 of them log in now. 5 of them have literally quit the game. And 3 more of them log in once in a blue moon to check their skills. They are frustrated and fed-up with the game. It's FAR TOO EASY for large mercorps to blob the newbies. And it's even more difficult for us Vets, the ones who are taking these newbro's and try to show them the game, for us to do exactly that. If you understand anything about math, that's approximately 40 - 50 newbro's that I've actually trained up in this game. And like maybe 3 of them actually still play EVE. Do you not understand the physical money you threw away because you cater to the PVP public. that's approximately $675 USD per month that I have seen leave this game. That's not much by a public standard.. but how many more ppl have quit this game? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say at least 100,000 potential players got a war dec and quit.

CCP, you are KILLING this game by what is going on here. I wanted to ask about the war dec mechanics, because I am going to start abusing the crap out of them. And when and/or if you try to ban me, I'm going to link this thread in my defense. I have not seen a single Dev actually get back to me on this saying" there's no amount of disbanning and re-forming corps that will get you banned". I'm going to start abusing the crap out of the mechanics.

2 more things here and then I'm done.

You PVP guys just don't understand something. It's not the goal of most people to say "hey, I want to PVE forever, because for me that's what gaming is all about". No, in fact, most have the plan to sit on their skills for a 6 months or a year, and get really good at flying a certain ship, and then having the money to purchase a few of those ships, and then actually go out and give PVP a shot. So you have it wrong in that making life easier for carebears is going to kill the game. In fact what you are crying about is, not being able to quell the newbie right off the bat so they don't come and blap you out of your territory. You are scared chicken ***** that don't want to give anyone a chance to actually grow up in this game.

Secondly, you have no idea what's coming to you. I've started a community. Everyone hates you. We are going to come after you. There will be 100 - 500 man blob fleets at every gate waiting for you to become criminal flashy. You are going to get your asses kicked out of high sec. Just you wait. This is happening. We are going to take control of High Sec and provide an ACTUAL policing service to this game. You have been warned.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#160 - 2015-09-24 09:33:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Roney Strongarm wrote:
Now I'm going thru this yet again. At the beginning of August, I built a corp with 4 newbro players. Those newbro's brought in about 4 more newbro's. So about 10 new players in total. New to the game. And guess what happened, our corp got wardecced 2 days after they got in game. So I thought, OK, well I still want to train these players, but we can't be under a dec. So we all left the corp.
Mistake.

That was a golden opportunity to actually train these players; to teach them some of the most fundamental skills for survival and success in EVE. They could learn about aggression, flagging, clones, overview, scanning, the map, travel, ship setups, how to read a killboard, watchlists, standings, scouting, intel — all you ever need to know. And you denied them that. Why?

What was the problem with the wardec? Why was it suddenly impossible for these guys to learn something?

If your corp folded that easily, it had no reason to exist to begin with. Corps get decced. That's part of why they even exist. If the corp can't handle it, then it's an unfit, bad corp. If the corp leadership can't lead people through it, they are unfit to lead. If the corp members can't survive a wardec, they can't survive the rest of the game.

Quote:
So now I see these 10 newbro's, only 2 of them log in now. 5 of them have literally quit the game. And 3 more of them log in once in a blue moon to check their skills. They are frustrated and fed-up with the game.
Why? What is it about the game that bores or frustrates them?

Quote:
No, in fact, most have the plan to sit on their skills for a 6 months or a year, and get really good at flying a certain ship, and then having the money to purchase a few of those ships, and then actually go out and give PVP a shot.
Mistake.

This is the thing you absolutely must teach a newbie unless you're some kind of griefer: you do not want to wait 6–12 months before you try something out. If you want to try something out, you try it out immediately. You do not wait to learn until you have all the snazzy stuff — you learn while learning is cheap and effortless. You will never “get really good” if you delay the learning until failure becomes too costly.

The process you describe is the exact opposite of what you actually want to do: first you give PvP a shot. Then you get really good at flying ships. Then you start having the money to purchase better ships. Then 6 months have passed, so now you have the skills to get the most out of all of that too.