These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

In-game customer support

First post
Author
Alex Sinai
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-09-20 05:24:09 UTC
Hi,

CCP does a lot to attract new pilots, and does provides there quick and effective support. However here's decent example of alienating customer. I filed support request more than a week ago to recover item from expired contract (a person is not online anymore), I have notification in game I log in every time. However, no reply so far from support at all. Its been more than a week. Considering the numbers of pilots online, general half-emptiness of space and this kind of "support" I begin to re-evaluate my decision of returning to play EvE. Just for general knowledge of CCP, customer support is important part of any business. At this time, it's a bit lacking. What was your experiences with their support?

Don't let them fly safe!

Zahara Cody
Imperial Corrections Service.
#2 - 2015-09-20 05:27:46 UTC
There's nothing quick and effective about CCP except for alienating customers. gg

Hating is free, that's why poor people do it the best.

Alex Sinai
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-09-20 05:34:35 UTC
Zahara Cody wrote:
There's nothing quick and effective about CCP except for alienating customers. gg


Haha good one! :-)

Don't let them fly safe!

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#4 - 2015-09-20 06:01:27 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Alex Sinai wrote:
I filed support request more than a week ago to recover item from expired contract (a person is not online anymore), I have notification in game I log in every time. However, no reply so far from support at all. Its been more than a week.

Have you considered... at all... that the person who accepted your contract (a courier contract I assume) simply stole your stuff and doesn't want to return it?

Yes, this does happen.
No, this is not a bug.
No, there is not much Customer Support can do about this.
Yes, stealing is allowed.

Alex Sinai wrote:
Considering the numbers of pilots online, general half-emptiness of space and this kind of "support" I begin to re-evaluate my decision of returning to play EvE. Just for general knowledge of CCP, customer support is important part of any business. At this time, it's a bit lacking. What was your experiences with their support?

Let's assume that EVE has a ballpark subscriber count of about 350 to 400k accounts.

Now let us assume that, on average, about a quarter of those pilots (~85k to 100k) are genuinely active on a daily basis.

Now let us assume that about a quarter of those daily active pilots (~21 to 25k) have some kind of problem that requires customer support.

Now let us assume that about a quarter of those petitions (~5k to 7k) are actual issues that require some kind of research and are not your average whine (which you can "resolve" with a simple push of the "reject" button).

Now let us assume that about a quarter of those issues (~1250 to 1750) are something gnarly and require a butt load of time to dig into the game itself and figure out what the problem is.

Now imagine how much time it will take for a company with about 300 to 500 employees (~100 of which may be dedicated customer support) to get through 12 to 18 petitions per day, per support employee and figure out each and every problem in a more or less fair manner.


Harden up buttercup. Not every company can (or even will) provide 24/7 support that will give you the tender love and care your desire on demand. Sometimes you need to just move on and enjoy what you have regardless of the circumstances you are in... all the while hoping for the best.

(disclosure: yes, I have worked in the service industry before. There is a tacit understanding that no matter how fast, efficient, or well you do your job you can't please everyone or "do your job well/fast enough" regardless of how subjective/time consuming it is in the first place. And sometimes you just have to tell people to be patient or simply **** off... consequences be damned)
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2015-09-20 06:05:51 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Have you considered... at all... that the person who accepted your contract (a courier contract I assume) simply stole your stuff and doesn't want to return it?
Not to mention that person could have had every intention of delivering it, but someone like myself took it away from them because they didn't know how to properly protect it. Pirate

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#6 - 2015-09-20 07:22:01 UTC
Alex Sinai wrote:
I begin to re-evaluate my decision of returning to play EvE.

Yeah, a ticket like that can take special attention for CCP's investigation team to resolve. Seems like a possible item recovery/replacement issue, and that can take up to three months as it's not regular game support. If that is a bit too much for you, you could just contract your stuff to me, I'll put it to use after you have left the game. Good luck.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Tiberius Heth
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-09-20 07:32:20 UTC
Alex Sinai wrote:
Hi,

CCP does a lot to attract new pilots, and does provides there quick and effective support. However here's decent example of alienating customer. I filed support request more than a week ago to recover item from expired contract (a person is not online anymore), I have notification in game I log in every time. However, no reply so far from support at all. Its been more than a week. Considering the numbers of pilots online, general half-emptiness of space and this kind of "support" I begin to re-evaluate my decision of returning to play EvE. Just for general knowledge of CCP, customer support is important part of any business. At this time, it's a bit lacking. What was your experiences with their support?


Because your request is dumb. You created a courier contract, someone else accepted it and chose to not complete it. Why in hell's name should a GM reverse it? They probably received your petition, read it, laughed at it, passed it round the other GMs with a "lol, look at this idiot" and put it on the bottom of the pile.
Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-09-20 08:21:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Tisiphone Dira
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Have you considered... at all... that the person who accepted your contract (a courier contract I assume) simply stole your stuff and doesn't want to return it?
Not to mention that person could have had every intention of delivering it, but someone like myself took it away from them because they didn't know how to properly protect it. Pirate


I too have come across a few misplaced courier packages, I would of course return it to the original owner as a responsible citizen would, but it doesn't tell me who owned it. Maybe next time include your name in it so we can help, a named bookmark perhaps?

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#9 - 2015-09-20 13:36:22 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Have you considered... at all... that the person who accepted your contract (a courier contract I assume) simply stole your stuff and doesn't want to return it?
Not to mention that person could have had every intention of delivering it, but someone like myself took it away from them because they didn't know how to properly protect it. Pirate


I too have come across a few misplaced courier packages, I would of course return it to the original owner as a responsible citizen would, but it doesn't tell me who owned it. Maybe next time include your name in it so we can help, a named bookmark perhaps?

In such a case you can look up the contract you failed and find the reciptient's name.
Memphis Baas
#10 - 2015-09-20 14:28:32 UTC
Two weeks response time for minor issues (minor in their view) is common. On the plus side, tickets are resolved by trained, knowledgeable, and helpful people, rather than some guy on the other side of the globe who doesn't even know what the game is.

So overall the ticket system requires patience but is pretty good, compared to other MMO's.
Dradis Aulmais
Serious Non-stop Espionage and Kidnapping
#11 - 2015-09-20 15:06:03 UTC
In before the lock.

If you would have bothered to do a search of the forums we close these threads about 4 times a week. I suggest you read the summit minutes from day 2. CCP solves most of their support tickets in 24 hours. Tickets that require going through logs can take up to three months depending on the complexity.

Reported for redundancy special snowflakes should go to the end of the line.

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Alex Sinai
Doomheim
#12 - 2015-09-20 15:10:32 UTC
Thank you ShahFluffer and MemphisBaas for your decent replies.

Also thanks to trolls, I see that forums are as usual full of em )))

Issue was resolved today.

Don't let them fly safe!

ISD Buldath
#13 - 2015-09-20 15:34:40 UTC
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.



Tickets take as long as they need too be sure everything is looked at and done properly. They are also done in the order they are received. Locked.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.