These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

In Defense of CCP Fozzie

Author
Tweaker083
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2015-09-14 20:13:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tweaker083
And btw.... you just sit around intosing without any battles whatsoever and after you are finished the troll ceptor army comes... Useless Sov atm. Only work without fights or fun. Just boring. Play HKO is more fun.
Deck Cadelanne
CAStabouts
#62 - 2015-09-15 21:48:52 UTC
Tweaker083 wrote:
And btw.... you just sit around intosing without any battles whatsoever and after you are finished the troll ceptor army comes... Useless Sov atm. Only work without fights or fun. Just boring. Play HKO is more fun.

Good for you. Be sure to donate your stuff to somebody who isn't whining.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Scotchmo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2015-09-16 04:28:59 UTC
Its not fozzies fault that CCP gave up on eve
Hulk Miner
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#64 - 2015-09-16 22:21:27 UTC
Bring back the T2 Ferox then all is forgiven.
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2015-09-17 04:59:14 UTC
It is something special when goons have to defend someone like that.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#66 - 2015-09-17 20:59:57 UTC
Woohoo, CCP gets a gold star for trying.

My, how standards have fallen.
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#67 - 2015-09-18 01:27:56 UTC
Fozzie is giving EVE the cures for its cancer but the blocs are whining because it tastes bad. Improvements will continue to be made but people will continue to complain about it because it's different and they've been told to see different as dangerous.

Once they see the tumors shrink, alliance leaders will begin to frame the changes positively. When the next big war happens and its FCs dont burn out afterward from structure grinds, they will begin to confirm that narrative. And then their pilots will come along.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#68 - 2015-09-18 03:53:23 UTC
You know what you have to do to defend Fozzie?

Play the effing game.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Philip Ogtaulmolfi
We are not bad. Just unlucky
#69 - 2015-09-18 15:57:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Philip Ogtaulmolfi
Philip Ogtaulmolfi wrote:
I just hope that when Devs listen to the community represented by the people that write in the forums, they use some kind of statistical tool to put it in perspective.

We frecuently talk about the Community, but I am afraid that the ones that write here are only a small fraction of the player base.

Quoting myself, because I just saw this effect at work.

Devs modify the safety system for citadels in WH, as per player massive request, and now we see wormholers saying that this is awful and doomsaying that nobody is going to live there.

Sic.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#70 - 2015-09-18 17:12:55 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Fozzie is giving EVE the cures for its cancer but the blocs are whining because it tastes bad. Improvements will continue to be made but people will continue to complain about it because it's different and they've been told to see different as dangerous.

Once they see the tumors shrink, alliance leaders will begin to frame the changes positively. When the next big war happens and its FCs dont burn out afterward from structure grinds, they will begin to confirm that narrative. And then their pilots will come along.

The above post is so intensely naive it ain't even funny.
Zihao
Doomheim
#71 - 2015-09-18 17:16:38 UTC
I just hope that when Devs listen to the community represented by the people that write in the forums, they use some kind of statistical tool to put it in perspective.

We frecuently talk about the Community, but I am afraid that the ones that write here are only a small fraction of the player base.

Quoting myself, because I just saw this effect at work.

Devs modify the safety system for citadels in WH, as per player massive request, and now we see wormholers saying that this is awful and doomsaying that nobody is going to live there.

Sic.

Doomsaying isn't uncommon. Predicting the sun-rise would have longer odds.
Dan Seavey Allier
Seavy Acquisitions
#72 - 2015-09-18 17:46:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Dan Seavey Allier
Jenn aSide wrote:
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

The above post is so intensely naive it ain't even funny.

The above post to the above post is so intensely naive it ain't even funny.

The cancer spewed about by the impatient overly indulged are more effective at hurting this game than anything else.

Change is here. If change doesn't work, then they are willing to change the change. Or Change some more.

How many other games do you play have the balls to do that? Be patient for God's sake.

Dan

Honey Never Sleeps. - John Russell

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#73 - 2015-09-18 18:00:25 UTC
Michael Ruckert wrote:

Not empty quoting.
Hiply Rustic
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2015-09-19 00:38:01 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Yes, again we should all calm down, adapt or wait for the fixes.

This is such a rational and level-headed comment that I may be forced to donate a few hundred million to the CODE coffers in its honor.

Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the strong-willied need apply.

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#75 - 2015-09-19 08:14:37 UTC
Hiply Rustic wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Yes, again we should all calm down, adapt or wait for the fixes.

This is such a rational and level-headed comment that I may be forced to donate a few hundred million to the CODE coffers in its honor.

Then you missed the exceedingly high levels of snark contained within it.
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2015-09-19 08:58:35 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

Bloc. Singular. The chemo killed everything except the cancer.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Pelle Wittewoa
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2015-11-12 19:11:14 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

You are right, but i would like to add too it that it will all depend on citadels and isk inflation
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#78 - 2015-11-12 19:19:59 UTC
How I look at it is once upon a time this stuff would have been designed by the former CCP Greyscale. That would have been much, much worse.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#79 - 2015-11-12 19:34:42 UTC
Pelle Wittewoa wrote:
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

You are right, but i would like to add too it that it will all depend on citadels and isk inflation

It took you 2 months and 3 days to add that?
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#80 - 2015-11-13 01:38:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Hal Morsh
Avanda Redblade wrote:
He has done an excellent job of polarizing Eve towards a highly combat PvP-focused play style. He has also done a top job in driving away many unwanted, WoW-type carebears who didn't play that minority style. The guy's a genius!

I agree. Make it harder to carebear as balanced as possible.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?