These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Superior blaster platform?

Author
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-09-12 19:05:09 UTC
Dethmourne Silvermane wrote:
Forum Toon wrote:
thing is with marauder except for the lazy tank and fact you are imune to Ewar you can loot and salvage at the same time so it saves a trip and you got those high slots empty and ready for use anyway.

Also 4 guns only means less ammo means more cargo space.

If you want to loot, yes, the Marauder is better. The maximum ISK/hr for level 4 missions involves not looting at all.

I like looting...
that moment when 20 mill worth of loot from 1 ship... it's randomness....
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-09-12 22:58:42 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Forum Toon wrote:
Proteus is viable for L4s?
I admit the speed of cruiser is something I prefer.

The proteus is horrifically slow.

You either doing it wrong or don't know how to do it right.

Proteus is absolutelly fine for lvl4.

In terms of the topic - Hyperion is a very solid choice untill you interface with faction where you need to apply explo damage, this is where i got some issues and swap it for Mael.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Forum Toon
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-09-14 04:02:09 UTC
ok I had some cash aside from the items I sold.
as I've already got skills to sit in gallente battleship (still not enough to fly it) I'll migrate to minmattar skills for now and projectile then to mach.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2015-09-14 15:02:03 UTC
Bring your Vindicator to any fight, so you can vindicate the people in violation of vindication.
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#25 - 2015-09-14 17:43:15 UTC
ok this is just glorious....
I fell in love with angel ships.

I'm doing the training now in spaceship command skills on minmattar ships to fly those and so far I finished with frigates.

so I decided let's take the dramiel for a spin...
oh boy...

uber fast warping... very fast in missions.... nothing ever hit me and fallouf almost 9km on autocannons is lovely thing.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#26 - 2015-09-15 14:35:03 UTC
OK going to go with everyone else here for the near term except for one comment.

DIsclaimer here. This next bit is based on a brawler fit Rattlesnake with a passive tank so it may not be applicable to your active tanked ships. I hope someone with more experience in the ships you want to use can comment on this and correct me if I am wrong.
Considering the time you will spend moving in a pocket taking damage but not being able to effectively apply damage my suggestion is aim for a tank around 1,000 DPS to start and see how it works the adjust from there. In missons huge DPS is a lure and often stated the DPS is tank and to a degree that is true IF you can apply your DPS. When you are spending time getting into range to apply your DPS you will still need a stout tank to keep you in the pocket.

Long term if you want to use blasters for missions then you want to aim for the Kronos, Gallente Marauder, my sons is mean and nasty up close.
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-09-16 18:55:55 UTC
I moved to projectiles and Angel hulls.
right now I'm having fun with arty cynbal on level 3s.
from what I've seen the mach on level 4 should be lot of fun to fly.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-09-17 05:34:32 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Forum Toon wrote:
Proteus is viable for L4s?
I admit the speed of cruiser is something I prefer.

The proteus is horrifically slow.

In what way is a proteus slow compared to a BS?
if anything it would be "proteus does low dps" or "proteus have short range" :)
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Holdings
#29 - 2015-09-17 11:02:12 UTC
I built a Blaster Vindi last week for occasional Lvl 4 use. It gives 1960.1 DPS with my less than perfect skills. Double webs, so it applies it all like a MF as well.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Previous page12