These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Khushakor Clan: Statement of Purpose

Author
Cain Aloga
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#41 - 2015-09-02 15:59:47 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
I have no doubt that the Minmatar are proud, and I know how industrious they can be. I'm also quote willing to believe they can take care of themselves - up to a point.

So do it. I'm not being elitist, I'm simply proposing that this arm's length friendship be put on a properly contractual basis. If you need money, borrow it with a clear contract that ensures you can't spend it all on quixotic invasions without penalty, and pay interest on the loans like civilised nations.

Personally, I'd rather be spending the money we pour into the dysfunctional Republic on our own Minmatar citizens, who certainly do work hard and contribute to the Federation in so many wonderful ways. Too many, however, do not yet enjoy the standard of living they deserve. It's time we looked to our own.

Frankly, reducing the dependance of the Minmatar Republic on outside aid is the best path for both our nations. One has to wonder then, why the faces of your tribal representatives drain of blood each time someone raises the possibility with them?

And I'd be very keen to develop stronger and more pragmatic relations with Amarr. Funnily enough, that's another policy that causes excessive twitching from the Republic.


Mr. Kinnison, I too believe that reducing dependance on foreigners would be best, however your suggestion of replacing aide with loans is of little help. The best course of action is for us, as Matari, to reduce the need for aide ourselves. We need to improve our economy, and in turn improve the Republic's infrastructure. That is the only true path to prosperity.

While our warriors fight for our people's freedom, we in turn should fight for our people's prosperity.

Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2015-09-02 16:54:14 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
You embrace an infidel culture and serve foreign interests. You're an apostate that just refuses to admit it.


You did not mention how I had betrayed myself or God Samira.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2015-09-02 17:24:53 UTC
Cain Aloga wrote:

Mr. Kinnison, I too believe that reducing dependance on foreigners would be best, however your suggestion of replacing aide with loans is of little help. The best course of action is for us, as Matari, to reduce the need for aide ourselves. We need to improve our economy, and in turn improve the Republic's infrastructure. That is the only true path to prosperity.


I agree.

I was exaggerating somewhat in response to those of your compatriots that were romanticising a relationship with the Caldari whilst sneering at the Federation. As if the State would not ensure that relationship was extremely profitable to them and that a group of mega-corporations who despise weakness would not ensure that the current plight of the Republic was exploited to great advantage.

The purpose of our aid is of course to enable the Republic to stabilise and develop its own institutions and become a responsible partner within the cluster. Of course we have self-interest in this, but it also costs us in other ways, i.e. in purely pragmatic terms. A trade-off that the State would be unlikely to consider.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#44 - 2015-09-02 17:45:22 UTC
Nameira Vanis-Tor wrote:

The strength of the Minmatar lies in their unity. Observers look to the Minmatar Republic and proclaim the Minmatar Tribes weak. Instead they should look to the Tribes and feel trepidation, for if each Matari were to heed the call of their Tribal Chief and all the Chiefs were to speak as one on an issue then they would be unstoppable.


The stars glitter with the wrecks of those who entered Caldari space believing themselves to be unstoppable. That being said, I understand you were speaking more of a reaction to a push from outside, rather than threatening to push someone else yourselves. People can be incredibly tenacious when fighting to defend their homes - and we already have all the space and resources we need.

No. We would never GIVE you money in expectation of a favour to be named later. We would also never give you aid, calling it that, and then come back with a demand that you honour the implied debt in that gift. Friendship and a sack is worth the price of the sack, in my opinion, since very few people ever sacrifice their own families to honour a debt of friendship!

Our alliance with the Empire is a very good example of this. We stand ready to help defend their space should the Federation or Republic attack. We received loans that we are in the process of paying back. We do not leap to defend their honour every time that it is questioned. We do not feel that our alliance gives us a stake in their leadership contest.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Cain Aloga
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#45 - 2015-09-02 18:29:48 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:


No. We would never GIVE you money in expectation of a favour to be named later. We would also never give you aid, calling it that, and then come back with a demand that you honour the implied debt in that gift. Friendship and a sack is worth the price of the sack, in my opinion, since very few people ever sacrifice their own families to honour a debt of friendship!

Our alliance with the Empire is a very good example of this. We stand ready to help defend their space should the Federation or Republic attack. We received loans that we are in the process of paying back. We do not leap to defend their honour every time that it is questioned. We do not feel that our alliance gives us a stake in their leadership contest.


It is my hope that any friendship between the State and the Republic be born out of equal partnership and respect, and the best way to achieve this friendship, I think, is through trade and business.

While our warriors fight for our people's freedom, we in turn should fight for our people's prosperity.

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#46 - 2015-09-02 18:52:53 UTC
Neph wrote:
I am Sebiestor of the Kitggatae clan. I was born into it, and I will always identify as it.

To be Matari means two things: you call yourself Matari, and other Matari cal you Matari. The trials and the Voluval are merely a formalized way to acknowledge your acceptance. As for the Ammatar, they're a split case. I would never call them Matari, others would. They call themselves "Matari", but it means something different than it ever has before.


If I may do a minor (but important) nitpicking, the Ammatar sometimes refer to themselves as Sanmatari. This is entirely different from Matari.

Matari and Nefantar in ancestry, yes, but nothing else.
Svetlana Laknaya
Khushakor Clan
Of Questionable Repute
#47 - 2015-09-03 00:39:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Svetlana Laknaya
It warms my heart to see the discourse here, passions may flare, but that is only because being Minmatar is close to our hearts.

The official position of Khushakor clan is that first and foremost all Minmatar are our people, but we focus beyond anything in helping our people who are citizens of the Republic and in good standing with the tribes. This doesn't mean we don't see that enslaved Vherokior, mumbling prayers to the Amarrian God in a mining colony on Ordion II as important, merely from a pragmatic standpoint, those within our tribal structure have the most to offer to the rest of us. Eventually, we would like all of our people to be free, and once freed of certain dangerous influences and properly informed, able to make choices on if they want to support their tribe properly or leave to whatever ends they seek.

What we don't want to do, is get involved in a situation, where we see our brothers and sisters in chains, and worry more about freeing them than ensuring the strength of our future generations. This means we need to fight for our own, but we also need to be pragmatic and know what is best for us going forward, the Republic and the Empire will both be around for a long time, so we need to take the long view on this.
Cain Aloga
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#48 - 2015-09-03 11:54:07 UTC
Svetlana Laknaya wrote:


What we don't want to do, is get involved in a situation, where we see our brothers and sisters in chains, and worry more about freeing them than ensuring the strength of our future generations. This means we need to fight for our own, but we also need to be pragmatic and know what is best for us going forward, the Republic and the Empire will both be around for a long time, so we need to take the long view on this.


This is very well said. While liberating our kin is our ultimate goal, we have be able to recieve them, as well. It does us little good to liberate them in, only to leave them hanging with out any support. After the Elder Fleet Rescued so many of our brethren, Republic and tribal infrastructure was pushed to its maximum and beyond. We were Ill equipped to handle such an influx. While our warriors fight for our people's freedom, we in turn should fight for our people's prosperity.

While our warriors fight for our people's freedom, we in turn should fight for our people's prosperity.

Sahriah BloodStone
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#49 - 2015-09-04 00:13:49 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
I wouldn't be looking for friends in the State. I'd be looking for allies or simple business partners, made on a basis of honest trade and enlightened self-interest. False smiles and pretenses are not particularly useful nor desirable traits in an ally or business partner.

I can trust someone who are straightforwards in saying they're in it for themselves. I can't trust someone who pretends they're being selfless.


I recommend listening to your kin Svetlana.

At the current time, the Amarr offer the Caldari a much more formidable ally in both military strength and economic power. To make peace with the republic would likely cost them this mutually profitable arrangement for a weaker and less stable ally. If you want their help, you'll need to offer something the Amarr cannot.

Putting that aside, your conviction is admirable. I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Sahriah Bloodstone

No.Mercy // Triumvirate

"Never underestimate your enemy or disrespect its abilities. If you do, you shall become the hunted "

Markus Error
Her Majesty's Crown Corporation
#50 - 2015-09-04 02:59:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Error
I do feel inclined to point out that aiming for an alliance with the Caldari is unrealistic. Aiming for peace is not; if the Caldari do not have to lose resources and time fighting the Amarr's enemies, it works in their favour. Thus, it seems likely they would be fairly agreeable.

"If it cannot be shot the #### down, it can always be blown the #### up."

-Unknown

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2015-09-04 07:49:04 UTC
Markus Error wrote:
I do feel inclined to point out that aiming for an alliance with the Caldari is unrealistic. Aiming for peace is not; if the Caldari do not have to lose resources and time fighting the Amarr's enemies, it works in their favour. Thus, it seems likely they would be fairly agreeable.


I would hazard a guess that the State and its corporations make a decent margin on their alliance with Amarr.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#52 - 2015-09-04 12:55:56 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
Markus Error wrote:
I do feel inclined to point out that aiming for an alliance with the Caldari is unrealistic. Aiming for peace is not; if the Caldari do not have to lose resources and time fighting the Amarr's enemies, it works in their favour. Thus, it seems likely they would be fairly agreeable.


I would hazard a guess that the State and its corporations make a decent margin on their alliance with Amarr.

Yes, of course. But the fact remains that an encumbering alliance is virtually intolerable by its very nature. In any case it is nonsense to speak of The State for any reason other than as a handy inclusive term that covers ALL Caldari. What you want is to find an amenable Corporation that wants access to those expanding markets you were speaking of.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Charlinda Akheteru
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2015-09-07 03:42:28 UTC
Svetlana Laknaya wrote:
Statement of purpose.

It's about time someone tried to bridge this gap again. The previous attempts have seemed to find little traction, and that is a shame.

As far as your other activities, though, know that Akheteru Integrated Astrometrics offers any Khushakor pilot a 10% discount on any Synthetic or Standard combat booster purchase over 10 million ISK.

Enkil sends his regards.

Svetlana Laknaya
Khushakor Clan
Of Questionable Repute
#54 - 2015-09-07 15:35:22 UTC
Charlinda Akheteru wrote:
Svetlana Laknaya wrote:
Statement of purpose.

It's about time someone tried to bridge this gap again. The previous attempts have seemed to find little traction, and that is a shame.

As far as your other activities, though, know that Akheteru Integrated Astrometrics offers any Khushakor pilot a 10% discount on any Synthetic or Standard combat booster purchase over 10 million ISK.

Enkil sends his regards.




Thank you for your kind offer, I look forward to doing mutually profitable business with you.
Nissui
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2015-09-15 18:32:31 UTC
A venturesome vision, cousin of the Khushakor.

Though my days here number lean, Mivora's indwellers do belie the mandate of enmity between the Tribes and Caldari citizens, and do so present more oft than not as kith in way of thinkin'. Mayhap the Council might see fit to cast words this way of colloquy, and afore long let the truck of two distant peoples show the path to better bargain.

If your Clan marks such a path, may then the ancestors bless.
Soren Tyrhanos
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#56 - 2015-09-15 23:05:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Soren Tyrhanos
[redacted]
Previous page123