These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#621 - 2015-09-14 20:22:18 UTC
I think some people are just using AF blobs to take out burners, especially in space where flying a 100m frig solo doesn't make sense. I imagine a remote rep ishkur blob would deal with pretty much any burner very quickly. A worm blob might be even better, especially with the improved drone HP.

feel free to test it.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#622 - 2015-09-16 00:15:46 UTC
Quick question for those running burners often, what would you say is the average no of jumps for burner missions? I'm trying to figure out if 7-8jumps is normal across the game or if it's just the agent/region I'm in. Burners are still a fair bit more profitable than 80% of the lv4 missions but it is super rare that I get a burner that's not 7-8 jumps away. It's definitely not agent or corp standing based as I've tested at both negative standing and at over 5 standing.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#623 - 2015-09-16 00:44:56 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Quick question for those running burners often, what would you say is the average no of jumps for burner missions? I'm trying to figure out if 7-8jumps is normal across the game or if it's just the agent/region I'm in. Burners are still a fair bit more profitable than 80% of the lv4 missions but it is super rare that I get a burner that's not 7-8 jumps away. It's definitely not agent or corp standing based as I've tested at both negative standing and at over 5 standing.

My average number of jumps for a burner has been 6.5

I don't accept low-sec burners, and I don't count them. If I did I bet I would be closer to 9 average jumps.

Some agents LOVE to send you across the region.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#624 - 2015-09-16 01:26:09 UTC
Agents attempt to send you to a neighboring constellation for burner missions. Best case is a dead end constellation with a trade hub on the other side, as your agent wont try to send you through a busy system most of the time. I'm not sure how this interacts with empire to nullsec jumps, or NPC to sov null.

I usually don't worry too much about lowsec burners, that said that could easily vary depending on what the near by lowsec systems are. Playing late night in a nearly dead area isn't too scary.

my average is 1-2 jumps, rarely in system, and rarely ~5 jumps which I usually just decline. At my last agent it was 5-6 systems almost all the time.

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#625 - 2015-09-16 01:33:35 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Agents attempt to send you to a neighboring constellation for burner missions. Best case is a dead end constellation with a trade hub on the other side, as your agent wont try to send you through a busy system most of the time. I'm not sure how this interacts with empire to nullsec jumps, or NPC to sov null.

I usually don't worry too much about lowsec burners, that said that could easily vary depending on what the near by lowsec systems are. Playing late night in a nearly dead area isn't too scary.

my average is 1-2 jumps, rarely in system, and rarely ~5 jumps which I usually just decline. At my last agent it was 5-6 systems almost all the time.

If running in Osmon (don't run in osmon), the agent will try and send you to the constellation to the south, which is 15 jumps around the Poinen curve or through the low-sec systems.

Apanake is a little better I guess, but still, tons of low-sec sends.

Lang, well its probably best, but then you are living out in Minmatar space and you need to be recent on your tetanus shots.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#626 - 2015-09-16 01:45:53 UTC
Can confirm rusty nails is the no1 killer in Minmatar space.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#627 - 2015-09-16 05:37:51 UTC
if you just keep a jump clone out there it probably isn't too bad. Just destroy it before it has a chance to get back to civilized space. Probably don't even need ascendancy implants, as that constellation is so small

atomic killer
The DARK TROJANS
#628 - 2015-09-16 16:04:52 UTC  |  Edited by: atomic killer
Guys, haven't done pirate burners for a while, can someone give me an actual working fit for Serpentis / Daredevil burner ?
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#629 - 2015-09-16 16:56:21 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#630 - 2015-09-16 17:34:00 UTC
the enyo still works and I haven't switched from it, but I also have max skills and a turret damage implant. Looks like the hawk does a little more dps, maybe I should give it a try (also should probably buy one for my alt with max missile skills and implants)

atomic killer
The DARK TROJANS
#631 - 2015-09-16 22:18:20 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
the enyo still works and I haven't switched from it, but I also have max skills and a turret damage implant. Looks like the hawk does a little more dps, maybe I should give it a try (also should probably buy one for my alt with max missile skills and implants)

I've seen this fit for a Daredevil

[Daredevil, Burner serpentis]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermic Hardener

Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Does it still work ?
Valix Enterprises
Interstellar Expeditionary Group
Einstein-Rosen Brigade
#632 - 2015-09-23 22:02:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Valix Enterprises
SO back in game after a years break.

Looking to get my ships in order at 'base camp' for missions while I get my EVE legs back.

Am I right in understanding the "Unified Garmur" can handle all the Team burner missions? - I have the one with CN BCUs, Domi LML's, 2x jammers, 5MN MWD and TP. I've just completed the Team Vengeance with no issues at all.

Is there a unified fit for the Solo burners? There's a lot of information on these threads, a lot seems outdated, some contradictory info and it's giving me a little headache going in circles.

Also, are the cruiser burners in live now? I've seen around a dozen of the team and solo burners, but not seen one of the cruiser/base things? Maybe it's just RNG I don't know. First mission after this post was base burner :P

Thanks in advance.

One last thing - CNR, Mach, Rattle or Golem for missions these days?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#633 - 2015-09-23 22:40:11 UTC
I think the posts linked in the OP are still mostly adequate. Overall I think the daredevil is the most unified of all the ships. 90% web and blaster dps are just strong.

I'll just run through my ships
serpentis burner - Enyo (I never noticed the change, but I have max skills and gunnery implants, looks like the hawk might be better, I need to try it still)
blood raider burner - wolf I'm not sure there is really a work around on this one.
Angels burner - Daredevil
Sansha burner - daredevil
gurista burner - speed fit daredevil, although I think a unified daredevil could work. one heated mwd cycle and I'm in scram range.

team burners yea the old garmur pretty much works for all of them, especially a shiny one. although the last few pages have an interesting idea with polarized rocket launchers
gallente team- garmur
caldari - Retribution (mostly because it is a cheap version, and does more dps with beams than the garmur with light missiles)
amarr - daredevil
minmatar - harpy (again cheap version, does more dps than cheap garmur, similar to pimp garmur but without damage type selection, and worse heat)

burner bases, the rng seems a bit crazy on these, some days I won't get one, others I'll get them back to back. although they are very much in game (unless they got removed sometime in the last few days)
serpentis - deimos, thing has great resists for it, and can burn out to them in not too long, Looks like the vagabond is now the recommended fit, I'll probably try it out soon.
angels - vigilant, double web + painter = good hits with heavy neutron blasters and void
blood - gila, tbh this one is getting boring, and the payout is the lowest, I'm tempted to start declining it. The drone aggro is bleh.

for general missions I use a mach for everything. I'm lazy and they are cheap so I have 2 one ac one arty fit. Both have warp speed rigs. Also since I have high faction standings I can decline almost every mission, that isn't a burner.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#634 - 2015-09-24 01:04:40 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

team burners yea the old garmur pretty much works for all of them, especially a shiny one. although the last few pages have an interesting idea with polarized rocket launchers

I was thinking of this slight modification of your "cheap" garmur with some 3% missile implants but have not been in game much last few weeks to try it out:

[Garmur, TeamBurner]
F-90 Positional Signal Amplifier
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Afterburner II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM

Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#635 - 2015-09-24 11:13:04 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

too many calibration points. Blink
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#636 - 2015-09-24 14:06:49 UTC
also why rigors?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#637 - 2015-09-24 18:56:08 UTC
in general burner npcs have a very small sig radius although looking at chruker, maybe they aren't needed? not sure if their speed is high enough to reduce damage. I feel like I should actually know the missile damage formula, but my main understanding is that almost all the time reducing sig radius is better than improving explosion velocity. although they stack now so maybe 1x rigor 1x flare would be better?

burner stats: http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/npc_ships.php?supergroup=25&return_to=

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#638 - 2015-09-24 23:06:17 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
serpentis burner - Enyo (I never noticed the change, but I have max skills and gunnery implants, looks like the hawk might be better, I need to try it still)

While testing the gurista burner base on sisi, I decided to try the burner daredevil in a hawk as it popped up, and wow I'm very impressed with the hawk and will be buying one on TQ. Kill speed was under a minute. My only change was to use CN webs instead of DG webs. CN are 55% at 12km, vs 50% at 13km on the DG. Enyo seems to like to orbit at 11km so shouldn't make a difference. and the price is about the same on both. Also I have a bunch of old caldari LP I don't mind spending like an idiot on the test server P

new thread on the burner base: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=447834&find=unread

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#639 - 2015-09-25 00:32:52 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

too many calibration points. Blink

Yeah my bad.

The idea was get extra range from a signal amplifier rather than ionic rig and pick up better locking. I suppose I could go with a Rigor I / Flare I / OCU I if I wanted to avoid a co-processor and make room for a siganl amplifier. Not sure if the minimally better lock of the F-90 over an ionic rig would help much anyway.

Tsukino Stareine wrote:
also why rigors?

I just copied and pasted those from the recommended earlier fits. i have not done the maths on how much advantage they will be.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#640 - 2015-09-25 01:00:37 UTC
from earlier fits looks like rigor II flare II ionic II fits. that will get a little more lock range. only slightly annoying as when you land sometimes the npcs are 45km away, most of the time you can land and lock. I'm not that worried about a few seconds in that case. Not being able to kill a ship without a jam however is rather annoying, but last time I thought I was having a horrible run because I missed a jam and had to turn around and all that. was like 8 mins.