These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

In Defense of CCP Fozzie

Author
Tiberius Heth
Doomheim
#41 - 2015-09-11 11:54:01 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Wow, that's a nice proposal. Setup sov, fight for it, lose it, setup Sov, fight for it, lose it again, setup Sov, fight for it, lose it again, setup Sov, fight for it, lose it again... sounds fun. Roll

You realise that this is the basis for PVP right? You aim for the stars, falter and then try again. Not necessarily because you want some sort of prize at the end of the struggle, but because you realise & accept that the struggle and competition itself is the is reward. PVP for the sake of PVPing.

Anything else is just carebearing, which is why we have these massive coalitions: people who really just want to grind in peace and thus create massive and boring stalemates and THEN start whining about how boring it is. Who knew.
Philip Ogtaulmolfi
We are not bad. Just unlucky
#42 - 2015-09-11 12:54:59 UTC

Wow, that's a nice proposal. Setup sov, fight for it, lose it, setup Sov, fight for it, lose it again, setup Sov, fight for it, lose it again, setup Sov, fight for it, lose it again... sounds fun. Roll

Yea, I have been doing it for years in a multitude of games, fighting for an objective that has no long term value. The fun is in the fight.

Of course, if you don't like the bulding part you probably should't be in null.
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#43 - 2015-09-11 16:08:21 UTC
Avanda Redblade wrote:
He has done an excellent job of polarizing Eve towards a highly combat PvP-focused play style.

Mhm...

Wait, that was internet sarcasm, right?
Tank Murdock Jnr
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2015-09-11 16:30:15 UTC
Oh, I have my own ideas about high sec PvE. But I've never cared about nullsec, since "building a empire" is to me even less attractive than "earn lots of ISK". Lol

Somebody who has no interest in Sov, whining on a Sov thread about Sov.

Bewildering. And yet, not entirely.

When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading 'Guns and Ammo', masturbating in your own faeces...do you just stop and go, 'Wow! It is amazing how f*cking crazy I really am!'?

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#45 - 2015-09-11 16:32:20 UTC
<3 Fozzie

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#46 - 2015-09-11 16:38:21 UTC
Cant we just go back to dominion already?

No?

To the statues.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Hemmo Paskiainen
#47 - 2015-09-14 01:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Hemmo Paskiainen
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
Nice piece of pro ccp propaganda.... people only seem to forget that in a player driven sandbox, everything is interconnected. Atleast two large type playergroups were driven out of this game due partivulairy changes and the direct and indirect concequences. The mature, loyal standard old timer got out due the technetium, supers for everyone, and the blue donut. This category is where me and all my not playing friends belong in. Why did it look 5 years???? To fix a broken mechanic, that supose to be a fix, but that made it actualy more worse.....while the playerfeedback warned for this before implenmentation, but got ignored. MAYOR fuckup. All friend i used yo know, stop playing because of that. (Unlimited srp for you oppoment ect ect is no fun, makes you chanceless) The second group that is appear to be quiting are the insta gragification people. People, that got feeded with free tech supers for the past 5 yrs and those activly involved in sov warefare.

Eve lost its loyal playerbase years ago. The plex prices, jumpchanges and no more i-win supers thus i quit people, only makes it more visible.

Told ya sooo

pretty sure this whine covers ~95% of the whines I've seen in my 8+ years in eve, and I'm pretty sure they were saying the same things before. Replace tech with dyspro (aka the reason they changed everything and made tech a thing. funny enough akita t called that happening before the change ever went live, made 100b+ on it)

The same things keep happening over and over again... thats the whole point of all the downed negativity associated by players with EVE.

It is like watching an infant child learning how to ride a bike without sidewheels. After a while you just get this deep sad agrovated feelling after the child 10th fall. A mixture between rejection, laughed out and unaccomplishment. I guess the causes for this could ly in the make up of the niche playerbase, iterations and image. But it is likely a mixture off all togheter.

By just waving that particulary example away, ccp showed they hadn't got a clue what the concequences were going to be. The resons behind it, is to be speculated, but in the eyes of the customers..... without proper clarification..... it can only be taken as negative.

Add some cookies and a few more.... and you have got the reson why most vet's are bitter. They wern't born bitter: they have become that way.

A possible solution could be a mind map of player perception for certain timeframes and iterate the future communication on that.

Fozziesov is really a great solution. Too bad it came 4 years too late. Momentum has been lost for quit a while now, and it is too be seen if Eve can take this expected but unterestimated dip. It is going to be hard when peer-2-peer is your best selling methode.

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2015-09-14 01:42:52 UTC
Tiberius Heth wrote:

You realise that this is the basis for PVP right? You aim for the stars, falter and then try again. Not necessarily because you want some sort of prize at the end of the struggle, but because you realise & accept that the struggle and competition itself is the is reward. PVP for the sake of PVPing.

Anything else is just carebearing, which is why we have these massive coalitions: people who really just want to grind in peace and thus create massive and boring stalemates and THEN start whining about how boring it is. Who knew.

You realize some of us have been around a LONG time and have earn the right to keep our space.

i.e: We did the big/giant capital fights and will do it again or w/e is brought to us to keep our space.

Not everyone is in a ****** alliance that can't hold it's space or even get space... Stop throwing everyone in the same n00b-pool that has increasingly been growing this past 5 years. The game has NEVER been so easy to play as it is now.

Been around since the beginning.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#49 - 2015-09-14 03:39:02 UTC
Ultim8Evil wrote:
What annoys me the most is the sweeping generalisation that anyone who dislikes Fozziesov is a bittervet.

Having been on the frontlines of the Fozziesov discussion im curious about all these bittervet references you mentioned, because i didnt see one.

You know what annoys me, broad sweeping generalisations you make up.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#50 - 2015-09-14 03:58:21 UTC
"player base have been moving the goalposts and using the Nirvana fallacy so they can stay mad"

Frequent reference to bitter vets and alienation on the forum and you haven't figured out the EvE community/Hulk secret, both are always mad. And I do not believe the players have moved the goalpost. The players have maintained a minimum expectation which continues not to be met. If a party is moving away from another it is CCP.

But this is what it has come to, defense of a bad decision to save the game. Like defending your drug addict brother, it helps no one.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#51 - 2015-09-14 04:14:49 UTC
EvE is EvE. It changes. Sometime for the better, sometimes for the worse.

It is what it is. Accept. Or don't.

No one cares.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#52 - 2015-09-14 04:18:50 UTC
d0cTeR9 wrote:
Tiberius Heth wrote:

You realize some of us have been around a LONG time and have earn the right to keep our space.

i.e: We did the big/giant capital fights and will do it again or w/e is brought to us to keep our space.

Not everyone is in a ****** alliance that can't hold it's space or even get space... Stop throwing everyone in the same n00b-pool that has increasingly been growing this past 5 years. The game has NEVER been so easy to play as it is now.

Here's what I realize, ********: you have no rights. No matter how long you have been here playing this game, you don't have any rights to own anything.

You have one right and one only: you have the right to lose your stuff if you don't protect it. That is all.

Go home and kill your sense of entitlement.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#53 - 2015-09-14 04:53:34 UTC
FozzieSov has issues, most notably that it dissuades entites fielding expensive assets in combat.

For all the problems with Dominion sov, entities were bringing a trillion ISK in assets to fights they cared about, and sometimes that led to hugescale destruction - 12T in B-R, 3T in Asakai, and one fight over a half trillion most months.

I'm optimistic FozzieSov will be improved in the short term, but I'm still concerned the improvements may come too late. Already my trading patterns have shifted toward relating to EVE's present decline.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Ferrucio Surge
The Bag Cartel
#54 - 2015-09-14 05:35:55 UTC
OP needs to either get an editor or proofread his articles
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#55 - 2015-09-14 06:10:02 UTC
I'm mad because the ship class that I fly the most was relegated to near uselessness, and months later CCP hasn't said a thing about how they plan to address this other than that they will eventually. Which we've heard before.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#56 - 2015-09-14 07:09:37 UTC
Not surprised the dumbs are still mad about fozzie sov.

Once the lemming they follow realizes he's incredibly wrong and changes his point of view, they'll all come around.

They always do what they're told.

Sheep
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#57 - 2015-09-14 08:05:19 UTC
Interceptors a problem, it depends where you are, Pure Blind yes, regions near to high sec and low sec yes, but go deeper in and you start noticing that the initial wave of reinforcing for lol's has already petered out, look at Estoria no systems reinforced even those with low ADM. CCP needed to wait this issue out and I thought that the roll back of cycles was all that was needed.

I happen to think that Fozzie has jumped the gun in removing this capability from Interceptors, we need the game to be be deeper than people just looking for good fights and arranging arena type fights at the FC level is just not what this game deserves, we need localised conflict, this is why many of us are waiting to see how things pan out before jumping in, we are also waiting to see the major players such as the Imperium and PL continue their decline.

The negative thing is that the Imperium may be able to run around Eve like they did before. In the worst case scenario swatting who they want with no cares at all, and that is not good for Eve at all. It was the Goons and their allies that complained the most as they were having to look after their space and did not like that they had to do that, their right is to go and pee in someone elses cheerios with no repercussions and that is why they have whined so much.

I am rather disappointed, but I hope that CCP quickly sees that the removal of interceptors as a platform for the entosis link is an error.

PS So far I have not used an interceptor to RF a system.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Tiberius Heth
Doomheim
#58 - 2015-09-14 09:19:23 UTC
d0cTeR9 wrote:
Tiberius Heth wrote:

You're terrible.

Deck Cadelanne
CAStabouts
#59 - 2015-09-14 17:05:08 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/next-set-of-sov-and-capital-movement-iterations/

So, now that nobody can ***** and moan about trollceptors, now that passive regen alone will defeat most actual sov trolls, now that jump fatigue is being nerfed to a fairly sensible balanced point...

It looks like the direction is positive.

"Fozziesov" is still evolving and, by all indications, evolving in a positive direction. I for one am looking forward to these next iterations.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Tweaker083
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2015-09-14 20:11:43 UTC
Deck Cadelanne wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/next-set-of-sov-and-capital-movement-iterations/

So, now that nobody can ***** and moan about trollceptors, now that passive regen alone will defeat most actual sov trolls, now that jump fatigue is being nerfed to a fairly sensible balanced point...

It looks like the direction is positive.

"Fozziesov" is still evolving and, by all indications, evolving in a positive direction. I for one am looking forward to these next iterations.

Well fun fact... They are still trolling. You really think that people care about the speed restrictions? :D
Just send a armada of troll frigs to entose... Fozziesov.... so much fun.