These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#601 - 2015-09-09 16:10:49 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Awesome, I'm getting T2 missiles and rockets (finally) today and don't feel like doing my first team burners in the 600mill garmur I have fit but have never undocked in :P

so how went your first trip?would be nice to see results from unexperienced chars

*grumble* T2 missiles and T2 rocket spec have different requirememnts unlike every other weapon system ever *grumble* so in 2 days :P

You know, looking at the burner stats it says the ships have 75% defender chance. you think maybe the speed difference between rage and navy ammo is enough to effect if and how often they get hit by defenders? MIght explain some of the jumping in damage.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#602 - 2015-09-09 17:38:37 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:

*grumble* T2 missiles and T2 rocket spec have different requirememnts unlike every other weapon system ever *grumble* so in 2 days :P

You know, looking at the burner stats it says the ships have 75% defender chance. you think maybe the speed difference between rage and navy ammo is enough to effect if and how often they get hit by defenders? MIght explain some of the jumping in damage.

Big smile

defenders hit sometimes but i dont care about.
Arec Bardwin
#603 - 2015-09-11 11:26:46 UTC
Is it really necessary to pimp the Hawk fit that much for the serpentis dardevil burner? A cheaper fit that is confirmed to work would be appreciated, thanks.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#604 - 2015-09-11 12:33:29 UTC
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#605 - 2015-09-11 17:04:09 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Awesome, I'm getting T2 missiles and rockets (finally) today and don't feel like doing my first team burners in the 600mill garmur I have fit but have never undocked in :P

so how went your first trip?would be nice to see results from unexperienced chars

Just ran the vengeance one. Only had rocket spec 2 and used 2 T2 balistics instead of the 3 cal navy ones. No go. Might work if you have all V (warhead, rapid launch, rocket spec)

I had to use 2 cal navy ballistics and I put in a T2 guidence enhancer for more application. Took 7min.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#606 - 2015-09-11 17:22:47 UTC
I didn't even think about defenders, that said I don't think they are an issue thanks to the garmurs insane missile velocity bonus. Against normal NPCs fitting missile speed rigs makes missiles near invulnerable to defenders out to ~80km (going off memory here so might be off by a little) although with the velocity bonus from bastion on a golem defenders probably aren't an issue in general.

did you try using t2 or navy rockets (both?) my missile skills are a little lacking, and I noticed a difference between the two. and with 2x t2 bcus the logi frigs went down without a problem.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#607 - 2015-09-11 17:47:39 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:

Just ran the vengeance one. Only had rocket spec 2 and used 2 T2 balistics instead of the 3 cal navy ones. No go. Might work if you have all V (warhead, rapid launch, rocket spec)

I had to use 2 cal navy ballistics and I put in a T2 guidence enhancer for more application. Took 7min.

yeah you should be train up some skills first. you shoot nova´s for the logi´s ?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#608 - 2015-09-11 18:57:27 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

yeah you should be train up some skills first. you shoot nova´s for the logi´s ?

yea switched to Novas and only barely got the first logi down. Was using faction ammo.

Did the enyo one, around 4 minutes but this was with 3 caldari navy ballistics. Was using faction Nova for both logi and enyo.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#609 - 2015-09-11 19:24:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Anize Oramara wrote:

Did the enyo one, around 4 minutes but this was with 3 caldari navy ballistics. Was using faction Nova for both logi and enyo.

for the enyo you can normally skip the second logi. 4 minutes seems a bit long with 3 bcu.how much dps you got ?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#610 - 2015-09-11 19:27:13 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

for the enyo you can normally skip the second logi.

Yup, will definitely try that next time.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#611 - 2015-09-13 01:49:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Quick update. So with running 3 faction balistic controls and the rest T2 or meta the polarised garmur gets me 6min on the vengeance, 4:30 on the enyo regardless if I do 1 logi or 2 and 2:30 on the hawk killing 1 logi. I don't have the range yet to try the Jag. Getting all V skills, at least on the damage seems super important. OH the painter interestingly does nothing for damage (on the logi).

Actually the range screwed me over in some of the Hawk runs as well. took me almost 2min longer because I kept orbiting out of range of the logi.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#612 - 2015-09-13 17:47:28 UTC
did u overheat guns?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#613 - 2015-09-13 20:33:38 UTC
Ploing wrote:
did u overheat guns?

Yes

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#614 - 2015-09-13 21:30:21 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Quick update. So with running 3 faction balistic controls and the rest T2 or meta the polarised garmur gets me 6min on the vengeance, 4:30 on the enyo regardless if I do 1 logi or 2 and 2:30 on the hawk killing 1 logi. I don't have the range yet to try the Jag. Getting all V skills, at least on the damage seems super important. OH the painter interestingly does nothing for damage (on the logi).

Actually the range screwed me over in some of the Hawk runs as well. took me almost 2min longer because I kept orbiting out of range of the logi.

That is because Rage Rockets are 25m bloom and that is the same as the NPCs we are shooting. TP is helpful to keep consistency in damage, but won't make it "better".

Did you use the correct ammo for the Logi AND the burner?

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#615 - 2015-09-14 04:18:05 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

That is because Rage Rockets are 25m bloom and that is the same as the NPCs we are shooting. TP is helpful to keep consistency in damage, but won't make it "better".

Did you use the correct ammo for the Logi AND the burner?

Was not using rage ammo. Problem most likely is the missing level of caldari frigate. Should be only another 4 days fo Cal frig V.

Sentenced 1989
#616 - 2015-09-14 08:58:53 UTC
So few months down the road...

I'm to lazy to have multiple ships for this, did anybody figure out what works if you have 2-3 accounts available?

What I'm looking for: 1 fit to run any burner with possibility of fielding 2 ships at once + off grid booster
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#617 - 2015-09-14 09:46:18 UTC
Sentenced 1989 wrote:

I'm to lazy to have multiple ships for this, did anybody figure out what works if you have 2-3 accounts available?

What I'm looking for: 1 fit to run any burner with possibility of fielding 2 ships at once + off grid booster

I haven't run burners for very long but I've got a decent feel for em, having run all of them multiple times over the last month except for 3 (one each in agent, team and base).

Except for some overlap (Check out the unified team burner (garmur) and the unified daredevil agent burner fits) I don't think there is a one build fits all setup, doubly so if you want to run them optimally. You also have the problem where your one or two pilots in frigs will arrive WAY faster than your OGB causing down time, not to mention tyeing up 3! accounts where one will suffice 100% of the time. Besides once you've set up the ships (and named them appropriately it's zero effort switching between ships to run burners.

I think if nothing else, CCP managed to reduce the ability to 'one build fits all' dumbing down that is present in lv4 missions with the burner missions.

Also I get to use a vagabond for PVE! That alone is worth the price of admission.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#618 - 2015-09-14 13:52:12 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Sentenced 1989 wrote:

I haven't run burners for very long but I've got a decent feel for em, having run all of them multiple times over the last month except for 3 (one each in agent, team and base).

Except for some overlap (Check out the unified team burner (garmur) and the unified daredevil agent burner fits) I don't think there is a one build fits all setup, doubly so if you want to run them optimally. You also have the problem where your one or two pilots in frigs will arrive WAY faster than your OGB causing down time, not to mention tyeing up 3! accounts where one will suffice 100% of the time. Besides once you've set up the ships (and named them appropriately it's zero effort switching between ships to run burners.

I think if nothing else, CCP managed to reduce the ability to 'one build fits all' dumbing down that is present in lv4 missions with the burner missions.

Also I get to use a vagabond for PVE! That alone is worth the price of admission.

Probably just doesn't want to go through the pain of repositioning all those ships when you switch mission running hubs.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#619 - 2015-09-14 13:54:37 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Sentenced 1989 wrote:

Probably just doesn't want to go through the pain of repositioning all those ships when you switch mission running hubs.

I hear they added this new hi-sec carrier to the game for moving around lots of ships, including BS.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#620 - 2015-09-14 14:23:12 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Sentenced 1989 wrote:

I hear they added this new hi-sec carrier to the game for moving around lots of ships, including BS.

It's better to use a Jump Freighter. Faster too.