These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Vanguard Features on Sisi

First post
Author
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-09-04 11:13:48 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Goliath
Hi all,

Singularity is now updated to include features for the Vanguard release. This thread is for general feedback, so please use feature-specific threads linked below where applicable.

Mass Tests:
To be scheduled

Features:
Please note that features will come in over time and that the list does not necessarily comprise the entire content of the release.

Team Tri Lambda

• Station graphics updated to V5++
  • Legion (not quite done…several subsystems yet unfinished) and Loki textures updated to use V5 tech

Team Klang

• Impact sounds now affected by level of Shield/Armor on active ship (Player feedback greatly desired)

Team Size Matters

• Jump Invulnerability cloak timer
  • Wormhole polarization timer

Team Game of Drones/Team Five 0

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2015-09-04 12:47:35 UTC
Is this sound feature actually on Sisi? I do not really hear any difference with the impact sounds on different shield/armor levels.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Rapscallion Jones
Omnibus Solutions
#3 - 2015-09-04 13:55:23 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:

Team Size Matters

Can't get online to check it out right now, just curious what is this one?
Ezekiel Marr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-09-04 14:23:47 UTC
Rapscallion Jones wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Team Size Matters

When you jump through a gate or WH, you are invisible and invulnurable for 60 seconds. This change adds timer that counts these 60 seconds down.
Rapscallion Jones
Omnibus Solutions
#5 - 2015-09-04 14:31:44 UTC
Ezekiel Marr wrote:
Rapscallion Jones wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Team Size Matters

When you jump through a gate or WH, you are invisible and invulnurable for 60 seconds. This change adds timer that counts these 60 seconds down.

Cool,Bear Thanks!
Yadaryon Vondawn
Vicanthya
#6 - 2015-09-04 15:02:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Yadaryon Vondawn
Rapscallion Jones wrote:
Ezekiel Marr wrote:
Rapscallion Jones wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Team Size Matters

Cool,Bear Thanks!

Here is a GIF of it:
https://gyazo.com/50e571929a6014dcd675c0a64ac54a5b

And a comparison of the new and old Legion:
http://imgur.com/a/3KU6E

Comparison of the old and new Station interior, I am not seeing it:
http://imgur.com/a/Ze8Bf
EDIT, interior, not ship hangar, my mistake. The interior is clearly different:
http://i.imgur.com/LHN4e3t.jpg

Top is old, down is new
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#7 - 2015-09-05 03:36:16 UTC
i think they mean the station exterior textures, not the interior (however the CQ seems to be buggy atm)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-09-05 13:48:56 UTC
The gate cloak and polarization timers are really cool! Down with invisible timers! There are two more that I can immediately think of: undock invulnerability (30 seconds) and warp landing invulnerability (10 seconds), timers for those would be fantastic.
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#9 - 2015-09-05 19:38:33 UTC
Jump Cloak Timer is really really nice!
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#10 - 2015-09-07 21:18:09 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
The gate cloak and polarization timers are really cool! Down with invisible timers! There are two more that I can immediately think of: undock invulnerability (30 seconds) and warp landing invulnerability (10 seconds), timers for those would be fantastic.

Both of those would be fantastic
Luscius Uta
#11 - 2015-09-08 11:36:14 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:

People should learn what a stopwatch is, stop with those dumbifying "QoL" changes CCP /s

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2015-09-10 16:14:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
In my opinion, V5++ on Stations is again a step into reduction of detail. Take Tash-Murkon stations for instance: TQ vs Sisi

On TQ, the gray base color is darker, more pronounced and looks more like matte metal. Besides the 1 accent color red, it also has a second accent color resembling the colors of the actual family crest, gold. What you also notice on the TQ version are different shades of gray as well as the edges and recesses are more pronounced. This level of detail is all but gone with V5++. I find the removal of different shades of gray on the TMF stations particularly inexplicable as Gallente industrial Stations for the DED still show different shades of gray
On Sisi with Vanguard however, the grey base color reflects light like a super-polished mirror, gives the impression of plastic and in general looks washed out in comparison to the current TQ status. The red, which is now this metalic orange, which I came to like a lot, is now the only accept color. Removed is the 3rd accent color, gold, which makes the red-orange part look less detailed and less royal than it used to.

This should be reverted so that TMF stations have 3 accent colors again and to preserve level of detail in the new system. With regards to the gray base color, it should be darkened on the stations as well as on the ships. Interestingly enough, the Emperor Family version of the Amarr Trade Post has 3 colors, a base, a main accent color and then a third accent for the formerly golden parts on the TMF station.

If, however, making things look more plasticy was the goal of this V5 round, you certainly achieved what you wanted to achieve. Chinese plastic toy makers will be overjoyed to see that.

--

The plethora of lights in the vertical tube of the Amarr Standard station for Amarr Navy are too brighte and oversaturared. For some reason, on the non-factionized standard station and even the Kador version, it's a bit better.

--

In general, I believe that vertical surfaces now reflect way too much light. As said before, they act and look more like polished mirrors (on this Republic Fleet Assembly plant, for instance, than brushed up metal (like on this RF Assembly Plant on TQ). And as I link these 2 pictures, I noticed that the lattice girder on the horizontal tubes are lit up by something even in the shadowed areas while the main body of the tubes is dark from the shadows.

--

What I also noticed on TQ today is that some stations seem to have a very bright light source. Take this Kaalakiota station in Sirppala, for instance. Normally, this kind of red light on a ship comes from a nearby lava planet, but there is no lava planet on this station (barren, in fact) and it is very far away from the station itself. Something to keep in mind when you do this.

--

I also believe that the Legion needs more fine tuning. The Defensive subsystem, like Nanobot Injector, have a very appealing level of detail in particular on the golden accent elements, where you can see the edges of the individual armor plates even when light shines directly on it. In contrast, the Electronic Subs, in particular the Dissolution sequencer, has very blurred and flat accent elements. Regardless from which angle you look at it, you cannot see the edges of the individual armor plates as clearly as you can on the armor sub.
And in my opinion, the accent color should be darker, like it is on TQ.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#13 - 2015-09-12 00:28:22 UTC
*Cough* Battlecruisers *cough*

Sorry, frog in my throat..

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#14 - 2015-09-13 13:03:04 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:

Team Size Matters

Jump cloak timer is really cool. I like it :)

Also thanks for the polarization timer. I though like to point out that it still has that modal dialog (I don't see need for it has the information is on grid). It could be changed just to status notification. Similar like what happens when you try to change ships from SMA when you have session change timer.

Also I created bug report from the sounds that the polarization timer does. I don't think it needs the "deploy" sound as when you come to the grid, it already is there (also, should check if mobile depot creates launch sound when you enter the grid and the timer is half way through). When the timer is up, it can create the current or some other sound. For active combat it could be silent and require players to check the timer. Sound could make it too easy to know when you can jump.

Thanks any case. You are cool team too :)
Darkblad
Doomheim
#15 - 2015-09-17 16:57:39 UTC
Probe Scanning Map somehow slipped through here
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=445065

NPEISDRIP

Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#16 - 2015-09-18 12:02:30 UTC
No new explosions?

Meh.
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-09-21 15:51:52 UTC
There appears to have been an unannounced change to brackets regarding your own ship wherein the bracket automatically shows when you are sufficiently zoomed out, I am fine with this part. But when you click on your own hull on tranquility, a circle is displayed where the your ship's bracket would be in addition to the label for your ship, which is in my opinion a useful feature for close quarters manual piloting; this is absent on sisi.

Additionally there is a bug, the label (without the circle) does not update its position in window coordinates with your bracket position when you move the camera until you press alt to display your own bracket. Reported as EBR-48830.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-09-22 19:19:55 UTC
Darkblad wrote:

I sincerely hope this is not going to replace the old scanning window/classic map in its immature current state.

I'm my own NPC alt.

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#19 - 2015-09-23 10:07:08 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Darkblad wrote:

I sincerely hope this is not going to replace the old scanning window/classic map in its immature current state.

The reason it isn't on the list is that we have not committed to releasing it in the next update. We want to get it right before we ship it, hence the lengthy feedback threads.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Apoq Surrat
Amarritus Patriotus
#20 - 2015-09-23 14:16:37 UTC
Wow, the new station exterior graphics look amazing !

Hell of a nice job by the art dept !

MacPro (mid 2012) dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 64GB ECC Ram, PCIe-SSD, 2x SSHD, BD, SD, Nvidia Titan Xp. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

12Next page