These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones and Groups in the overview

Author
Sieges
#1 - 2012-01-03 19:12:05 UTC
I recently purchased a Worm and have room for 10 Light Drones in my drone bay. I have a group called "Lights" in my overview and when I move my drones into that group all 10 drones move into it. Is there a way for me to set up two groups in my overview? Something like "Splitting" my 10 light drones into two groups of five? I tried making a group called "Lights - 2" but all 10 drones move into that group if I move them into a new group.

Essentially, I wanted to have two waves of drones. All ten of my drones are the same type as well. Is this possible?
Cambarus
The Baros Syndicate
#2 - 2012-01-03 19:27:21 UTC
Launch them and call them back, it will split up the stack into individual drones so you can assign them to different folders.
That said, why would you?
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2012-01-03 19:55:02 UTC
The other option is to open your drone bay and split them there (hold shift while dragging and dropping into the same window. it'll ask for a number to move, leaving you with 2 stacks)

That's not the drone bay window that shows up when you're flying around with drones, but the one you can get from the fitting screen, or a right click on your ship.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Sieges
#4 - 2012-01-03 21:16:12 UTC
Thank you for the reply guys. Is there a reason why I wouldn't want to have them in different folders? I thought that since I can only launch 5 at a time, I would want to have then in two waves. Maybe I am thinking about it all wrong Oops
Dark Pangolin
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#5 - 2012-01-03 21:42:53 UTC
Sieges wrote:
Thank you for the reply guys. Is there a reason why I wouldn't want to have them in different folders? I thought that since I can only launch 5 at a time, I would want to have then in two waves. Maybe I am thinking about it all wrong Oops

Nope you got it right...
Leetha Layne
#6 - 2012-01-03 21:48:14 UTC
Waves? You know your drones are not supposed to get killed right?

If they are 10 of the same, keep em in one place and use as needed.
Dark Pangolin
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#7 - 2012-01-03 22:27:55 UTC
Leetha Layne wrote:
Waves? You know your drones are not supposed to get killed right?

If they are 10 of the same, keep em in one place and use as needed.

If however you choose to carry 5xWarriors and 5xHornet EC-300....you probably want those in 2 separate flights (groups)...
Sieges
#8 - 2012-01-03 22:35:02 UTC
I think I will rename the groups using the Drone names and if I carry two different drone types I will put them in their corresponding groups.
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#9 - 2012-01-03 23:08:36 UTC
It's a good shout to have them in 2 folders, if some drones in group 1 get damaged you can launch the 2nd one. If they are all on one group you will launch the same 5 by default until one dies.