These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

conspiracy theories on agents

Author
Silky Cyno
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-09-04 01:39:40 UTC
It seems to me when you decline a mission you get put on a short list of crappy missions, after you do one of them you go back on the normal list.

Now with Burner missions added into the game you take no faction hit from declining the mission but I still think it puts you on the crappy mission short list.

thoughts on this ?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#2 - 2015-09-04 02:04:23 UTC
when I decline bad missions I get burner missions, which are the good ones.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#3 - 2015-09-04 02:09:25 UTC
They're random, however I usually get 2-3 burners in a row.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-09-04 06:07:44 UTC
It all depends on your standing with the Agent.

With high standing, Agents will offer more rewarding missions that are nearer to their location - thus more ISK, less jumps.

In my opinion that mission pool is based on missions previously accepted and completed.

DMC
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#5 - 2015-09-04 08:54:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

With high standing, Agents will offer more rewarding missions that are nearer to their location - thus more ISK, less jumps.

In my opinion that mission pool is based on missions previously accepted and completed.

DMC

I don't have any empyrical data but with blitzing you go through a very large amount of mission offers very quickly and your agent standing tends to fluctuate. Also I used to do a lot of missions without ever declining missions and having high standing. I do not think agent standing affects mission offers.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-09-04 17:47:19 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Anize Oramara wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

I don't have any empyrical data but with blitzing you go through a very large amount of mission offers very quickly and your agent standing tends to fluctuate. Also I used to do a lot of missions without ever declining missions and having high standing. I do not think agent standing affects mission offers.

Whenever I first start out with a new security Agent, I get offered both Anti-Pirate and Anti-Empire encounter missions. Since I don't want to incur negative Faction standings, I always decline the Anti-Empire encounter missions. After my standing raises with the Agent, I no longer get offered Anti-Empire missions. The Anti-Pirate encounter missions being offered are the larger more rewarding ones such as Blockade, Extravaganza, Pirate Invasion, Angel / Guristas Strike, Gone Berserk, etc. Also the mission locations are usually within the Agent's system, at the most 1 jump away.

I don't have any empyrical data either. My opinion is based from my experience running missions and viewing my standings / transaction logs. That's why I said with high Agent standing, Agents will offer more rewarding missions that are nearer to their location and their mission pool is based on missions previously accepted and completed.

I have very high standings with all Empire Factions. The only negative Faction standings I have are with Pirate Factions. Maybe that's a contributing factor.

DMC
Arec Bardwin
#7 - 2015-09-04 22:01:46 UTC
I get crappy missions and anti empire faction mission a lot, even with very high faction and corp standing. Maybe my agent just hates me Blink
Silky Cyno
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-09-05 00:16:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Silky Cyno
I like to do Mining Misappropriation, Recon, Blockade, Damsel, Angels ex, Dread Pirate Scarlet, Gone Berserk, a few more but I hate The Anomaly, Duo of Death and ones that take too much time for little LP and Isk.

One time I declined a mission and the next mission was 6 jumps away in Low sec, I could just say I have bad luck, I run 2 accounts both with the same agent and it seems to happen to both of them.

My theory still stands
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-09-05 00:39:57 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
I get crappy missions and anti empire faction mission a lot, even with very high faction and corp standing. Maybe my agent just hates me Blink

And are all your Empire Faction standings positive or are some of them negative?

DMC
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#10 - 2015-09-05 04:18:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
My agent standings fluctuate wildly from -1.0 to all the way up to 4.0

I can not say that I've noticed any patterns at all. Even have a list of 80 missions accepted/decline with agent standings after each mission. It's not enough data to be called empirical but theres no pattern. I get blockade at high and at negative standings as well as angel, bezerk, assault, Damsel, mordus, recon etc.

Without data any patterns you see is purely subjective and suffers from selective memory and confirmation bias (and various other buzzwords).

Also theres maybe around 35 missions that can be offered NOT including burners. You'd need a very large sample size with agent standings, faction standings and corp standings before and after each mission to make any kind of statement regarding there being a specific pattern.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-09-05 04:56:18 UTC
Hogwash and a bunch of other words that relate the same sentiment.

With 7+ years of mission running experience and 5+ years of constantly increasing positive standing with Agents, Corporations and Factions, I will continue to stand by my statement despite what nay-sayer's claim.

DMC
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#12 - 2015-09-05 05:07:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
I don't have any empyrical data either. My opinion is based from my experience running missions and viewing my standings / transaction logs. That's why I said with high Agent standing, Agents will offer more rewarding missions that are nearer to their location and their mission pool is based on missions previously accepted and completed.

I have very high standings with all Empire Factions. The only negative Faction standings I have are with Pirate Factions. Maybe that's a contributing factor.

DMC

Essentially this has been my experience as well.
I spend a lot of time running missions with new / newer players using the same agent. The ones they draw tend to be the less desirable missions while mine tend to be the more desirable variety. I have no evidence other than many years of experience having this happen repeatedly over time and many different agenst and NPC I have often wondered if there was not some form of bias going on based on standings. On a related note I have noticed that when I rely on my faction standing to gain access to agents instead of agent standings the missions tend to be of the lower quality at first and then improve as my agent standings improve.

I guess all of this could be the twisting winds of fate and the random number generation but I am not convinced of that.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#13 - 2015-09-05 06:25:56 UTC
I'm not sure if I want to agree or disagree, given I've been riding on high faction standings for a long time.

that said the idea of a good mission is subjective. Some of the "good" missions mentioned earlier are ones I always decline. And the number of jumps to a mission seems to be more influenced by constellation layout, and system traffic. And some missions are only ever offered in system.

I do get offered faction missions pretty often, but I did run them for a long time, these days I mostly decline because looting is annoying. maybe I should go back to running them and just dropping a mtu? Although running SoE missions I get faction missions vs caldar/amarr to whom I have good standings.

Tohkat Sinawi
Sinawi Exploration Corp
#14 - 2015-09-05 13:43:30 UTC
First off, the location of the mission that you are given has FAR more to do with the location of the agent within their constellation than anything else. If you mission in a dead-end system, you're on the edge of a constellation and you'll almost always have to make at least one jump, sometimes 2, sometimes 3. If that 3rd jump is a low-sec system... that's the way it goes. On the other hand, if you're in the middle of the constellation with more than just 1 adjoining system, then usually it's zero, 1, or at most 2 jumps.

As far as good vs. bad missions... I think that's completely relative to one's perception. When standings are low you can only pull low level missions. As you blaze through them you see precisely the quantity of good vs. less good missions. What are the 'good' missions? The ones with high LP and high bounties of course (i.e. battleships). ...you can't get those until you have high standings and are able to pull L4s.

That said... in my experience, the part of space that you are in and the corporation of the agent seem to have an effect on what missions you receive. While I'm still missioning in Amarr space, I'm now working for a Caldari corp... when I was working for an Amarrian corp a few months back I used to get Mining Misappropriation allll the time (love that mission - such excellent bounties!), but since I've changed corps and moved 8 jumps away, I haven't received it once. I'm also receiving less Sansha and more Blood Raider missions (also annoying!).

So... good mission vs. bad mission: depends on your corp and your location, not on your standings or the faction that you're running missions for. I used to get much better missions, with the same standings, with the other corp (that has a terrible LP store!!!) than I do now.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#15 - 2015-09-05 16:19:47 UTC
When I decline Burner missions - I get 3 more Burner missions...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

David Therman
#16 - 2015-09-06 11:06:54 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

My current record of consecutive burner missions offered stands at 16... my resolve was sorely tested that day.

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-09-06 16:28:59 UTC
David Therman wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

My current record of consecutive burner missions offered stands at 16... my resolve was sorely tested that day.

That just made me Hard.

No seriously, easiest, fastest mission isk in the game, 16 straight burner missions in a row and a storyline as icing :D

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#18 - 2015-09-06 19:56:31 UTC
I think 16 is my record of consecutive burner missions completed. Dread Pirate Scarlett must have had the day off or something.

I'm really kidding, I'd never actually keep that stat, but if someone wants to go through my mission logs?

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#19 - 2015-09-07 12:43:26 UTC
Well considering with the right skills you can skip any and all missions that you don't want to do be it because of distance, non-blitzing characteristics or don't have the right ship/fit(burner) it's mostly irrelevant. Where I mission 90% of the missions I do run are all either in system or at most 1 jump away. The only mission I do regularly that is more than 1 jump away is Scarlet and the burner missions.

Say you do want to run most of the high bounty/high paying missions like blockade or angel extrav, etc. since you're running most/a lot of missions anyway without declining many you'll naturally raise in corp/faction/agent standing.

That said I tend to get a lot o team burners (that I can't run yet) and the other burners seems to have dried up :/ Might just be RNG being RNG.

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-09-07 12:45:55 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Well considering with the right skills you can skip any and all missions that you don't want to do be it because of distance, non-blitzing characteristics or don't have the right ship/fit(burner) it's mostly irrelevant. Where I mission 90% of the missions I do run are all either in system or at most 1 jump away. The only mission I do regularly that is more than 1 jump away is Scarlet and the burner missions.

Say you do want to run most of the high bounty/high paying missions like blockade or angel extrav, etc. since you're running most/a lot of missions anyway without declining many you'll naturally raise in corp/faction/agent standing.

That said I tend to get a lot o team burners (that I can't run yet) and the other burners seems to have dried up :/ Might just be RNG being RNG.

If you were a real mission runner you would be using 5461321587 alt accounts to pull your missions for you and couldn't care less what missions you decline Roll

Just kidding. Get your faction standings over 5.0 and then who cares how many you decline, just stay over -2 agent wise.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

12Next page