These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Yet Another Jump Change Idea

Author
Serotta
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-09-04 16:11:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Serotta
While I am not a fan of the Phoebe changes, I respect that there are player groups that are happy with the changes. However I don't feel that the Phoebe jump changes should have been a one size fits all solution.

TL:DR
Longer jump ranges in nullsec than lowsec.

Jump Ranges

Base Jump Range
Assign a base jump range that applies to all jump capable ships.

Combat Capitals (Carriers/Supers/Dreads)
Combat capitals jumping into lowsec have a jump range reduction(Lore reason, the technology that Concord using the detect criminal activity messes with jump engines).

(Numbers are for illustration purposes only)

• Base Jump Range: 8LY
  • Lowsec Jump Reduction: 37.5%

(Best I could do to make a table)
Starting System | Destination System | Max Range (in LY)
Null | Null | 8
Null | Low | 5
Low | Null | 8
Low | Low | 5
Table 1: Jump range between system types

Industrial Capitals (Jump Freighters, Rorqual)
Industrial capitals are exempt to the lowsec range reduction, and are given a jump range bonus for each skill level associated with their hull. So a pilot with Jump Freighter V would get the maximum jump range.

• Industrial Range Bonus: 7.5% (per level)

The max jump freighter pilot would have an 11LY jump range.

Black Ops
Base jump range, with alternate jump fatigue like mechanics
Tactical Jump Range Bonuses

Make Constellations Matter
Every constellation is assigned a hub/primary system. Combat capitals ships are given a range bonus when jumping into those systems. (Lore reason, the sun in the constellation system is easier to calculate a jump vectors for)

• Lowsec Jump Reduction: 37.5%
  • Hub System Bonus: 20%

Starting System | Destination System | Constellation Hub | Max Range (in LY)
Null | Null | Yes | 10
Null | Null | No | 8
Null | Low | Yes | 6
Null | Low | No | 5
Low | Null | Yes | 10
Low | Null | No | 8
Low | Low | Yes | 6
Low | Low | No | 5
Table 2: Jump range between system types, and constellation hub systems

Range Reduction Structure
Additionally a jump range restricting structure, similar to a cyno jammer that could be deployed in a system. This structure would add jump range penalties similar to the lowsec range penalty.

Jump Bridge Networks
If a pilots alliance owns the entire constellation that the pilot is jumping out of, pilots get an additional fatigue reduction.

Jump Fatigue
Jump fatigue should scale with the max jump range of the destination system. So a Max JF jump should get the same jump fatigue penalty as a combat capital making a max jump in lowsec.

Fatigue Cap
114 hours (4 days, 18 hours), game play from Sunday night should be reset by Friday evening.

Jump Endurance
Opposite of jump fatigue, accumulates when pilots have no jump fatigue. A pilot will get max endurance after 24 hours of no jump fatigue. A pilot will get a jump fatigue reduction on their next jump that is proportionate to their jump endurance. So a pilot with max endurance will effectively get one jump of no fatigue. Additionally there could be a skill to speed up you jump endurance accumulation like exists with jump clones.

Rate of Growth
Initial linear rate growth to promote fights among neighboring regions. After the pilot goes beyond distance that would take the out of neighboring regions the growth rate should grow exponentially.

Neighboring System Jumping
No jump fatigue when jumping into a neighboring system. In some capital fights one tactic has been to jump out and back into the same system to reposition the capitals on the field.

Black Ops
A siege like mechanic would be nice, something to keep the blops on the grid after they drop on a target
Here is my bad idea.

Conventional Cyno
No jump fatigue, however there is a 5 minute jump activation counter. While the jump activation counter is active the black op is unable to enter warp, use jump gates, or dock.

Cov-ops Cyno
Same as above except the black ops ship is able to enter warp or dock
At the same time give blops a bonus to remote reps akin to the nestor but weaker.
In terms of power projection, These are about billion isk hull flying around without any real logi support. They make great killmails.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#2 - 2015-09-04 18:24:24 UTC
It's over dude. Just let go of it.
Serotta
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-09-04 18:35:23 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.
Yroc Jannseen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-09-04 18:54:03 UTC
Serotta wrote:

Jump Endurance
Opposite of jump fatigue, accumulates when pilots have no jump fatigue. A pilot will get max endurance after 24 hours of no jump fatigue. A pilot will get a jump fatigue reduction on their next jump that is proportionate to their jump endurance. So a pilot with max endurance will effectively get one jump of no fatigue. Additionally there could be a skill to speed up you jump endurance accumulation like exists with jump clones.

Even without the other aspects, I think this idea of Jump Endurance is very interesting.
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#5 - 2015-09-04 19:12:45 UTC
+1 for the idea. Don't know much about Jumping (unless I am getting hot-dropped)

Always good to see ideas to make over all game play better.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#6 - 2015-09-04 19:15:53 UTC
Serotta wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.

We're trying to save a poisoned games life. My feed back is don't mess with the antidote.
Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#7 - 2015-09-04 19:51:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Aramaus
OP, what is the supposed problem that these changes are trying to fix?

Is it just your opinion that the Phoebe jump range nerfs and Fatigue are "just too much"? Why? Because your caps were more powerful before, now they're less powerful, and you don't like that? Honestly asking, seriously no hate.

I personally am in the camp for:
Quote:
Make the fatigue cap 5 days(ish) so that fatigue is always gone by *next weekend*

But I don't support your jump range suggestions because I am in full support of "making EVE larger". (Edit: wow, larger. larger)

I think one of the major reasons so many people think the jump ranges are "omgwtfshort" is because they are so used to a game where we all NEED to travel back and forth from Jita to get any of the toys we want to use. I think the solution is a total rework of other areas of the game like mining and production, so that 5LY feels big again. So that EVERYTHING can be done locally.

Seriously, right now... in Black Rise and surrounding area, whenever we are out in a fleet and thinking about taking a fight, we ask "can Snuffbox hit this system?". Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it's no. It seems pretty dynamic and interesting to me right now, and a pretty even split actually. I see no need for longer ranges. Why do you?
Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#8 - 2015-09-04 20:38:17 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
We're trying to save a poisoned games life. My feed back is don't mess with the antidote.

How is this suggestion trying to get major alliances to un-blue each other? That's the antidote, and it doesn't need any game mechanic changes to happen.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#9 - 2015-09-04 21:19:23 UTC
Bump for an idea which should be read.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-09-04 23:07:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
I agree with the changes but not proposals. However, I do believe in a structured debate. Your proposal lacks something however.

A clear and concise description of the problem to be corrected!

That is a key thing here. Why do you feel these changes are needed? What consequences will arise? This will allow discussion of the problem and possibly other, better solutions.

Else answer is just no. Is undoing a solution to a problem. A problem that caused me to decide pve is more fun than nullsec alliance life years back.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#11 - 2015-09-04 23:08:38 UTC
Cidanel Afuran wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

How is this suggestion trying to get major alliances to un-blue each other? That's the antidote, and it doesn't need any game mechanic changes to happen.

By buffing power projection, you increase the area of influence from 1 group of people. This means that if alliance A lives far away and doesn't have any real influence on my day to day activities, why should i bother making them blue? However if power projection were to be buffed, suddenly I would have a vested interest in making them blue so they wouldn't harass my daily activities.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#12 - 2015-09-05 04:13:26 UTC
Serotta wrote:
While I am not a fan of the Phoebe changes, I respect that there are player groups that are happy with the changes. However I don't feel that the Phoebe jump changes should have been a one size fits all solution.

TL:DR
Longer jump ranges in nullsec than lowsec.

while bad idea is bad....to be be less bad (but still bad) this would be more agreeable to if it was reversed.

Low sec gets better range. Here is why. TO give smaller crews easier logistics. Yes the blobs including yours get the bene but...small timers get to move stuff easier to/from empire. Also makes the outskirts residents lives easier as at least the low sec hops suck less.

It also be fair caveat. 0.0 has always loved its low sec mids. Case of your crew....finding alternate routes in low should be a trivial matter. Kings of low sec in the past and all...cake walk it should be really.
Krops Vont
#13 - 2015-09-05 06:40:04 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

The sound of giving up in the morning doesn't bode well for inspiring individuals. If one wants change, they advocate it in a manner like op, concise, practical, readable (Thank god cause F&I), and it only lacks paper vs reality tests which we can never predict.

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

Wormhole Finding & Selling

o/ Play for fun

5pitf1re
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-09-05 08:06:08 UTC
I agree with everything said in the OP and hope CCP considers at least some parts of it eventually.

To all those ignorant imbeciles asking for the definition of the problem this is trying to fix and people wanting to hurt the big blobs because unreasonable hate, please get out and go farm your L4 missions in highsec.

Just stay the **** out of this thread and don't **** up a really good suggestion that would fix a lot of gameplay issues just because you don't care.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#15 - 2015-09-05 14:29:18 UTC
5pitf1re wrote:
I agree with everything said in the OP and hope CCP considers at least some parts of it eventually.

To all those ignorant imbeciles asking for the definition of the problem this is trying to fix and people wanting to hurt the big blobs because unreasonable hate, please get out and go farm your L4 missions in highsec.

Just stay the **** out of this thread and don't **** up a really good suggestion that would fix a lot of gameplay issues just because you don't care.

So what is the problem the OP is supposed to solve?
Jumping across the universe whenever you wanted and for whatever reason created a problem that was clearly defined and CCP solved it. If you do not like how they solved it then propose an idea that has the same affect on power projection as the current system while minimizing the things you do not like. The OP proposal is simply a removal of a potion of those recent jump limits with no reason given for why other than "I hate the current system".

So my response in NO.
If you want me to support these changes then YOU and the OP have to convince me and the others that there is a valid reason why these should be made, or need to be made and "because I want" is not a valid reason it is pure selfishness.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#16 - 2015-09-05 17:10:16 UTC
Cidanel Afuran wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Yeah swell point, I'll look into that???

Making eve bigger is a good start. Jump fatigue is that start to making eve bigger. If you look in general at the various folks trying to roll back jump fatigue they are pretty much the keepers of the big blue hoo haw. If it irritates them enough, who knows, maybe they'll log in and make some explosions.

Esubriah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-09-08 16:27:14 UTC
wow a good post shame ccp won't listen to it because you are a player and ccp doesn't listen to those.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#18 - 2015-09-08 17:11:14 UTC
Esubriah wrote:
wow a good post shame ccp won't listen to it because you are a player and ccp doesn't listen to those.

*head scratch*

I whined about power projection being a problem and I'm a player

*shrugs*
Azami Nevinyrall
#19 - 2015-09-08 21:25:06 UTC
Another one of these threads...

Just give up already!

Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#20 - 2015-09-09 00:06:05 UTC
Jump Endurance is the only good thing here.

However, I'd give it some tweaks so it only accumulates if you specifically plan for it. A drug that builds up over a day, and is destroyed on jumping.

It allows people to take time in advance to prepare a large movement. But it also prevents everyone from sprinting across the universe in capitals to dogpile on a fight, or to casually hot drop someone normally out of your reach.